It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I too apologize.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:43 pm 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 pm
Posts: 6080
I too apologize for making Drumpf feel bad.
SEE http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html

Quote:
After watching Donald Trump's campaign rally in Phoenix, it became clear that we in the media owe the president a sincere apology.

Trump used Tuesday night's rally to denounce the "fake news" media for being mean, dishonest, bad, America-hating and an all-around pain in his keister.

Referring to controversial comments he made in the wake of a deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia., Trump said: "The words were perfect."

He even quoted his own perfect words, cleverly omitting the part where he blamed the Charlottesville tragedy on "many sides" rather than just on the Nazi side, creating the controversy in the first place.

After spending 15 or so minutes complaining about the media, he said of the media: "For the most part, all they do is complain. … These are really, really dishonest people and they're bad people and I really think they don't like our country. I really believe that."

Well, I, for one, feel just terrible. It was never my intention, as a journalist, to make the president of the United States feel like he's under some form of scrutiny or that he should be held accountable for the words that fall out of his mouth.

I wasn't able to reach all my fake news brothers and sisters after the rally — the instant-messaging system George Soros has us use was on the blink — but I feel confident most would concur with this formal apology.

President Trump:

As a fake news media member in good standing, I would like to sincerely apologize for forcing you to hold a campaign rally eight months into your first term as president.

I'm sorry that in the course of that rally I forced you to misquote yourself and to devote one reference to Heather Heyer, the woman killed during the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, versus an inordinate number of references to the journalists who cover you and your administration.

I definitely should not have made you fail to mention the 10 American sailors who died or are missing from the Navy destroyer USS John S. McCain after it collided with an oil tanker Monday.

That was callous of me, and I am deeply sorry.

I also showed poor judgment in making you seem almost annoyed that you had to properly denounce the various hate groups that marched in Charlottesville chanting, "Jews will not replace us!"

And I definitely shouldn't have had you say this during the rally: "I hit 'em with neo-Nazi. I hit them with everything. I got the white supremacists, the neo-Nazis. I got them all in there, Let's see. KKK, we have KKK."

That almost made it sound like condemning hate groups made you the victim. Please accept my apology for that bit. It was callous and wholly inappropriate.

While I'm apologizing for Nazi stuff, I'm sorry I entered your brain and forced you to express sympathy for Jeffrey Lord, a commentator who was recently fired from CNN for tweeting "Sieg Heil!" at the head of a liberal watchdog group.

In retrospect, that was a weird and dreadfully timed thing to have you say, and I hope you will forgive me.

I regret having you say the following about clean coal: "They're going to take out clean coal, meaning they're taking out coal, they're gonna clean it."

Upon further reflection, that statement made it sound like you haven't the foggiest idea what the term "clean coal" means and are quite unintelligent. That is 100 percent my bad. Perhaps with time we can mend the damage my recklessness has done to your reputation.

On two occasions, I lied to you via telepathy and convinced you that the cameras broadcasting your rally had been shut down because the media were too frightened to share your criticism of CNN and other outlets. That was transparently false, particularly since I watched the rally in its entirety on CNN. I'm sorry I made you lie about that. Twice.

Rather than have you refer to Republican Sen. John McCain, a war hero currently battling brain cancer, by name, I took the cowardly and childish path of instructing you to mock and taunt him using the phrase, "One vote away." That was a reference to McCain's deciding vote against your health care bill, which would have repealed Obamacare.

Hearing you screeching, "One vote away!" like an insolent child did not set the presidential tone I hoped it would. It was a terrible decision by me, and I am drowning in my own shame.

Convincing you to say that you will, if necessary, shut down the government in order to build your preposterous border wall was folly of near-biblical proportions, framing you as either: stubborn and narcissistic to the point of jeopardizing the country's fiscal well-being and doing real harm to Americans who rely on government services just to save face, or a liar.

I will never live that one down.

I could go on and apologize for the lies I implanted in the left frontal lobe of your brain, including, but not limited to: CNN's ratings are down (they're up); a historic increase in defense spending (your proposed increase is neither historic nor a done deal); and there weren't many protesters outside the rally (there were thousands).

But what's the point? I have clearly failed you and, along with all media members, am responsible for your divisive rhetoric and mind-boggling unwillingness to step outside yourself for even one fraction of a moment and notice that you sound like an infantile madman.

I promise, from here on, to pamper you, to coddle your ego, to deflect all blame on others and to never accurately report on you, because that causes you to call me fake news.

Please accept this apology. I am not at all proud of the things I've made you do.

And America shouldn't be either.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I too apologize.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:59 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 25683
Location: Off the Deep End
I would like to apologize for the fact that the Secret Service just made it clear that they no longer have the funds to support his trips to various locations and the fact that he continues to make trips to various locations, including his most recent rally to Phoenix which is his 8th non-essential rally since his inauguration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... mp_rallies

Shame on me, for making him fire up Air Force One and dragging unpaid Secret Service around the country like that, and sticking it to the people. What was I thinking? I apologize to President Trump and the American people. I shall strive to Make America Great Again in the future.

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I too apologize.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:53 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 8674
Location: Your mother's purse
Jersey Girl wrote:
I would like to apologize for the fact that the Secret Service just made it clear that they no longer have the funds to support his trips to various locations and the fact that he continues to make trips to various locations, including his most recent rally to Phoenix which is his 8th non-essential rally since his inauguration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... mp_rallies

Shame on me, for making him fire up Air Force One and dragging unpaid Secret Service around the country like that, and sticking it to the people. What was I thinking? I apologize to President Trump and the American people. I shall strive to Make America Great Again in the future.

Don't be so ignorant about the secret service, this is not their first budget crunch, this happened under Obama as well, so get you some ginkgo biloba and apologize for your politically selective memory and shallow insight into SS budgeting

Just one example
http://m.govexec.com/management/2014/10 ... res/95801/

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I too apologize.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:38 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 10105
subgenius wrote:
Don't be so ignorant about the secret service, this is not their first budget crunch, this happened under Obama as well, so get you some ginkgo biloba and apologize for your politically selective memory and shallow insight into SS budgeting

Just one example
http://m.govexec.com/management/2014/10 ... res/95801/


What your link says is that the Secret Service was "underfunded" during Obama. That isn't the same thing as too much over spending which is clearly the case because of Trump's ridiculous vacation trips and campaign rallies that only serve to stroke his ego.

This is the same President who requires briefings of positive news about himself twice per day.

Stop being so ignorant. We're dealing with a man-child, a narcissist and a moron.

_________________
"I Learned More at McDonald's Than at College." - ldsfaqs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I too apologize.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:42 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 25683
Location: Off the Deep End
Kevin Graham wrote:

Stop being so ignorant. We're dealing with a man-child, a narcissist and a moron.


Trump or subgenius? Both?

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I too apologize.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:42 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 10105
Jersey Girl wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:

Stop being so ignorant. We're dealing with a man-child, a narcissist and a moron.


Trump or subgenius? Both?


Both. Because...

Stupid is as stupid does.

_________________
"I Learned More at McDonald's Than at College." - ldsfaqs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I too apologize.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:03 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 8674
Location: Your mother's purse
Kevin Graham wrote:
"underfunded" isn't the same thing as too much over spending .

Kevin Graham everybody - once again proving he can out-stupid anyone, anytime, anywhere

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I too apologize.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:17 pm 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 pm
Posts: 6080
SEE http://www.dictionary.com/browse/underfunded
SEE http://www.dictionary.com/browse/underfunded


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I too apologize.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:12 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 11815
Location: On the imaginary axis
If I say "the department I work for is underfunded", I mean that it requires a larger budget allocation in order to fulfil its role adequately. It does not imply that I have ignored my budget by spending more money than was allocated.

If I say "the department I work for is overspending", I mean that I have ignored the budget set for the department, and have spend more money than was allocated. There is no way it can mean anything else, because "overspending" simply means "spending over the budget".

So it is possible that the Secret Service was underfunded in the Obama period, without overspending its budget; I don't know whether it happened or not.

It is however a matter of fact on public record that in order to provide the increased demands for security made by Trump's large and frequently travelling family, plus his repeated breaking of campaign promises to spend most of his time in the White House in favour of visiting golf resorts (remember he mocked Obama for playing golf), the Secret Service is being forced to overspend its budget, since otherwise it would not be able to provide the protection that it is its duty to provide for the President and his family.

(And let's not forget that a large part of the money being spent goes to pay for accommodation in hotels owned by - Trump! What's not to like? That makes him SMART!)

_________________
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I too apologize.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:25 am 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 pm
Posts: 6080
Congress underfunded security at our embassies, and satellites. Then blamed Obama when the crap hit the fan. Dump forces the USSS to pay for high priced porta potties when he is on vacation at one of his resorts. Then crickets from Congress.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I too apologize.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:27 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am
Posts: 8674
Location: Your mother's purse
Chap wrote:
adequately.

no sh%t sherlock...that's kinda the arbitrary notion in question....whilst i understand, given your obvious amateur positions, that you have an awe-struck attitude for American politics and budgets - but it seems rather obtuse to state "adequately" as if it were some characteristic that is solely defined by whatever political party you support.

So, for example, I can easily say that i was underfunded because my budget was not adequate for my spending whereas you were obviously overspending because your budget was stupid.

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: I too apologize.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:55 am 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 pm
Posts: 6080
Stupid Troll Congress controls the purse strings. Under-funding is where Congress doesn't pay enough to meet the needs of the government. Overspending is where the President spends more money than is allocated by Congress, or at a faster rate than the money was designed to last for.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EAllusion and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group