It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shut Down U.S. Govt if Wall not payed for????
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:48 pm 
God

Whatever happened to having Mexico pay for this wall? So punish the US citizens by shutting down the govt to get the money for US to pay for a wall we DO NOT want?! WTF?????

"Science believes in accountability here and now. Religion believes in it in the hereafter." - Maksutov

Post subject: Re: Shut Down U.S. Govt if Wall not payed for????
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:52 pm 
Apostle

What party's vote will shut down the govt?

(and aren't you the guy who dorned a "Tanner" name tag some time ago? )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:52 pm 
Area Authority

Seems like Trump is in over his head, but he doesn't seem to know it. When I get in over my head, I usually know it, but not always. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:12 pm 
God

Philo Sofee wrote:
Whatever happened to having Mexico pay for this wall? So punish the US citizens by shutting down the govt to get the money for US to pay for a wall we DO NOT want?! WTF?????

Is this today's news or something? What did I miss?

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:24 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Philo Sofee wrote:

Is this today's news or something? What did I miss?

Huckabee Sanders's responses were telling. Asked four times, she completely declined to reiterate that Mexico would pay for the wall. Each time, she deflected.

First:

Q: Sarah, the president promised over and over again during the campaign that Mexico would pay for the wall. So why is he now threatening a government shutdown if Congress won't pay for it?

SANDERS: The president's committed to making sure this gets done. We know that the wall and other security measures at the border work. We've seen that take place over the last decade, and we're committed to making sure the American people are protected. And we're going to continue to push forward and make sure that the wall gets built.

Then:

Q: Why is he threatening a shutdown over — over paying for it? … He asked people — his crowds chanted back at him, 'Mexico's going to pay for it,' and now he's pushing — threatening a shutdown of the — of the government.

SANDERS: No. Once again, the President's committed to making sure this happens, and we're going to push forward.
Then:

Q: Since the president is going full-court press threatening a shut down over funding of the wall, does that mean he is abandoning any efforts to negotiate with Mexico any payment for construction?

SANDERS: Certainly, I don't think any efforts have been abandoned.

And then:

Q: How is that not a concession from this White House that Mexico isn't actually going to pay for this wall and American taxpayers will?

SANDERS: Again, this is something the president is committed to. He's committed to protecting American lives and doing that for the border wall is something that's important. It's a priority and we're moving forward with it.

QUESTION: But he's not saying that Mexico is going to pay for it.

SANDERS: He hasn't said they're not, either.

So we're going to build a wall and we've haven't said that Mexico isn't going to pay for it. Doesn't quite have the same soaring oratorical b.s. stench as the campaign speech version.

- Maxine (Ajax) Waters
"History is a process of rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
Strange Fruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:26 am 
God

Shutting down the government is a Republican thing. Each time they did it it cost the US Billions of dollars. What is one definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:22 am 
God

Trump warns about Mexican gangs roaming the streets with sugar cane knives if the govt is shut down. See it here live:

https://streamable.com/5gm37

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:22 pm 
God

It would be cheaper and more efficient to build a wall around Drumpf. Everyone would be better off.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:38 pm 
Apostle

Philo Sofee wrote:

So Philo(?), if we reduce the US citizen taxpayer dollar supporting those who are not legal citizens, but get to live illegally off of US taxpayers - do you believe we are at at least making someone else, other than you and me, pay for this in the long run? Are we not enforcing the laws of our constitution, which is a taxpayer rightful expectation? Is that the issue you have a problem with? Or is your issue actually a physical barrier to entry issue?

(and didn't you once wear a name tag of "Tanner" on your shirt for publicity years ago?)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:44 pm 
God

bach is the king of loaded questions here because he's just too stupid to care enough about what's actually true.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:48 pm 
God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:52 pm 
Apostle

The cost of illegal immigration dwarfs the cost of the wall. I would gladly increase my tax burden by up to 10% to pay for the wall. We seem to have forgotten that government was about protecting our rights and our borders. This election was a reminder to Democrats and RINOs of the rights of the forgotten citizens of this country.

Build the wall.
Build the wall.
Build the wall.
Build the wall.

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:04 pm 
God

Maxine Waters wrote:
The cost of illegal immigration dwarfs the cost of the wall.

I like how you brush study after study provided to you showing that illegal immigration is actually a net gain both on economic productivity and lifetime government receipts and just insist the opposite. You believe, without real evidence, that illegal immigration costs as much as necessary to pour endless money into stopping it.

Quote:
I would gladly increase my tax burden by up to 10% to pay for the wall.
That's sufficient taxes to pay for both universal health care and free college education for the entire country. It could be used to wipe out the national debt very rapidly. Or, alternatively, it is a major chunk of private economic activity and the standard of living progress associated with that.

You think a marginally effective wall on the Southern border is more valuable than that. This is how dedicated you are to racism.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:50 pm 
God

Bach wrote:
So Philo(?), if we reduce the US citizen taxpayer dollar supporting those who are not legal citizens, but get to live illegally off of US taxpayers - do you believe we are at at least making someone else, other than you and me, pay for this in the long run?

Given the relatively stable number of illegals within the country over the last 10 years, asking US taxpayers to pay for a tremendously expensive and easily defeated vanity wall - while still paying into the system that you claim funds a certain number of illegals stealing bennies - only means that you will saddle the taxpayer with more debt overall.

You claim to be in the banking industry, yet a grasp on simple mathematics eludes you. Interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:17 am 
Apostle

Quote:
You think a marginally effective wall on the Southern border is more valuable than that. This is how dedicated you are to racism.

Yes, we've heard that. Anyone who wants to enforce the border is racist. It's not just me who rejects that. The Republican primaries and the general election rejected that in 2016. Given how evil these racists must be, how is it so appealing for Latin American people to move to a country where nearly half are the kind of racist that you refer to?

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:41 am 
God

Maxine Waters wrote:
Quote:

Yes, we've heard that. Anyone who wants to enforce the border is racist. It's not just me who rejects that. The Republican primaries and the general election rejected that in 2016. Given how evil these racists must be, how is it so appealing for Latin American people to move to a country where nearly half are the kind of racist that you refer to?

No, you are racist. This is evidenced by your history of racist posting both here and on Stormfront of all places. Knowing this fact about you explains why you'd be willing to pay a major increase in income taxes to fund a border wall that is is almost certainly going to have a marginal impact on immigration flow and couldn't possibly pay for itself in gained economic benefit.

It's a non-sequitur to argue that people Donald Trump winning the Republican primary proves that racial resentment doesn't underlie people's desire for a border wall, but it's also a red herring in your case, so I'm going to ignore it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:54 am 
Apostle

Quote:
No, you are racist.

I'm starting to think you want me to be racist. It's the only way you have left to discredit the economic nationalism movement that is starting to have a lot of success.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:05 am 
God

Maxine Waters wrote:
Quote:
No, you are racist.

I'm starting to think you want me to be racist. It's the only way you have left to discredit the economic nationalism movement that is starting to have a lot of success.

Not a single economic nationalist policy has passed at the federal level since the election of Trump. By "economic nationalism" you probably mean, "keeping the Mexicans out" and by "success" you mean the year over year drop in immigration (and tourism) to the US due to fears of the Trump admin and what it represents.

There's an off chance you're just crediting the economy Trump inherited to Trump's policy that you've decided to describe as "economic nationalism" without any causative relationship even minimally articulated in your mind. But that wouldn't fit within the flow of conversation here.

To be clear, I'm saying your racism helps explain why you'd let the government pick your pocket to an extreme degree to fund an ineffective symbol to xenophobia. I also don't think you understand how much a 10% bump in taxes actually represents. This exaggerated the problem. The principle remains in any case.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:09 am 
God

Ajax,

I'm interested in your explaining economic nationalism. Bullet points would be fine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:05 am 
God

Maxine Waters wrote:
The cost of illegal immigration dwarfs the cost of the wall. I would gladly increase my tax burden by up to 10% to pay for the wall. We seem to have forgotten that government was about protecting our rights and our borders. This election was a reminder to Democrats and RINOs of the rights of the forgotten citizens of this country.

Build the wall.
Build the wall.
Build the wall.
Build the wall.

Unregistered immigrants are net plus for the economy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:41 am 
Apostle

Quote:
Unregistered immigrants are net plus for the economy.

The American voter isn't buying that of BS anymore thankfully.