Tony Schwartz: Trump will walk away

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Tony Schwartz: Trump will walk away

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I have no way of knowing if this guy has it right or not, or if he's just trying to get his "name in the paper". Still, it's intriguing enough and I could see it become reality. Looks to me like Trump has painted himself into a corner with his own big mouth and chaos making.

What do you all think? Do you see him resigning and how could he declare victory? What's victorious about beating it the hell out of dodge?

What's he gonna do? Tell the Rep's and Dem's that they refuse to cooperate and get anything done, so what, screw you guys I'm going home? Little nod to Cartman there. ;-)

'Art of the Deal' co-author predicts Trump is about to resign

Co-author of President Trump's book "The Art of the Deal” says the Trump presidency is effectively over and Trump himself is getting ready to walk away.

Tony Schwartz has been a frequent critic of the president since he took office, and tweeted out his latest thoughts on Wednesday.

"The circle is closing at blinding speed. Trump is going to resign and declare victory before Mueller and congress leave him no choice," Schwartz wrote via Twitter. ""Trump's presidency is effectively over. Would be amazed if he survives till end of the year. More likely resigns by fall, if not sooner."

Schwartz, who’s been predicting resignation for a couple of months now, says President Trump would make a deal for immunity to avoid prison time in exchange for him stepping down.

Schwartz says the Russia investigation will be huge and that the president doesn’t want to go to jail.

The prediction from Schwartz comes after Trump left himself open to praise from "alt-right" activists and criticism from lawmakers, business leaders and political pundits alike on Tuesday afternoon when he said there were "two sides" to the deadly Charlottesville protests last Saturday. His comments have prompted a wave of backlash from activists, media pundits and lawmakers alike on a local and national scale.

While some, including Vice President Mike Pence, have rushed to the president's side, many have speculated that Trump's ad-libbed moment prompted a rift in the White House between those focused on effective messaging -- like chief of staff John Kelly -- and those with more nationalist views like chief strategist Steve Bannon. 

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /23080457/
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: Tony Schwartz: Trump will walk away

Post by _The CCC »

I don't believe Drumpf will resign. His ego would never allow it.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

The CCC wrote:I don't believe Drumpf will resign. His ego would never allow it.

I know, but don't you think he could throw up his hands in "disgust" on account of the "obstructionists"?
Chinese Proverb
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Jersey Girl wrote:
I know, but don't you think he could throw up his hands in "disgust" on account of the "obstructionists"?

Doesn't seem to be his MO. His is to double down, attack the press, and Republican leaders. So far it is working with some 75% of Republicans still supporting him.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

The CCC wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Doesn't seem to be his MO. His is to double down, attack the press, and Republican leaders. So far it is working with some 75% of Republicans still supporting him.

I guess we'll see what happens with the Republicans. This current round (Charlottesville) pushed many to openly speak out against him.

I wish this country could just settle down, but we can't when chaos is being generated by our own President going back to even before he actually took office!
Chinese Proverb
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Republicans were fine with calling Obama every vile name in the book for over 8 years, and shutting down the government. They have run on racism, religious bigotry, and reducing the size of the government to point where they can drown it in a bathtub since 1968. Drumpf is but the culmination of that effort.