Republican Boogeymen

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: Republican Boogeymen

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:
subgenius wrote:Because no threat appeared or bombing occurred after Obama was elected?
Kevin Graham, how are you still this stupid?

God you're dumb. Obama didn't start a war with a new enemy.

yeah, he just kept the war going when he said he would stop it....and then used drones to kill with impunity. You're right, he took the high road.

Kevin Graham wrote:Obama continued to bombed ISIS which is a product of the Iraq war he inherited from Bush.

Oh yeah, i forgot - "Bush's fault" because Obama can't possibly be responsible for his own Presidency because he is black,,,just another victim of whitey, eh?

Kevin Graham wrote: A war conjured up on false pretenses because, as I said, Republican Presidents are always needing a boogeyman to justify their playtime in the war room.

Good thing all those Democrats like Kerry, Clinton, etc denied that boogeyman...imagine how stupid your theory would be if the Democrats joined in on the whole boogeyman facade, eh?
(i know you hate facts on these sort of topics but you also look like an idiot with the Afghanistan votes)

Kevin Graham wrote:Nixon engaged in regime change in Chile. Then, in the 12 years of Reagan and Bush we attacked five other countries; Nicaragua, Grenada, Panama, Haiti and Iraq.

Good thing Bill Clinton never created a boogeyman or Obama...imagine if Bill or Barack had created some sort of boogeyman from a minority population of militia groups or racists? Or what if Obama had beat the drum if ISIL? or Clinton with Kosovo?....yeah, you are stupid on so many examples. Maybe you should focus on your remedial math skills so you can appear less ignorant on the next economic thread that pops up.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:
subgenius wrote:Because no threat appeared or bombing occurred after Obama was elected?
Kevin Graham, how are you still this stupid?

God you're dumb. Obama didn't start a war with a new enemy. Obama continued to bombed ISIS which is a product of the Iraq war he inherited from Bush. A war conjured up on false pretenses because, as I said, Republican Presidents are always needing a boogeyman to justify their playtime in the war room.

Nixon engaged in regime change in Chile. Then, in the 12 years of Reagan and Bush we attacked five other countries; Nicaragua, Grenada, Panama, Haiti and Iraq.

Bill Clinton - a botched mission in Somalia (black hawk down).

George W. Bush - Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Iran

Barack Obama - With a coalition of other countries, enforced United Nations Security Council Resolution 1973 in Libya.

Donald Trump's 1st 6 months gives us two new boogeymen - North Korea, Venezuela.

and as a footnote, exactly who has created the boogeyman currently known as "Trump" ? - goodness you white racist Georgia hicks that think living near Atlanta makes you sophisticated sure are stupid, no wonder you vote Democrat...and no wonder you are too much of a coward to call Mayflower and move....or at least to scared too ask you wife for permission.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

yeah, he just kept the war going when he said he would stop it....and then used drones to kill with impunity. You're right, he took the high road.

Drones were part of the war from the beginning, well before he took office. And Obama's use of drones dramatically cut down on American casualties. Under Bush, we suffered an annual average of 781 American casualties between 2003 and 2007 in Iraq. Between 2009-2016 under Obama we averaged just 41 per year. If the data were flipped or had this had happened under any other Republican President you'd be calling him a true patriot, a genius and a hero. Obama has saved thousands of American lives at home and abroad. But because he's black with a D after his name, you demonize him.

This is a President who actually understood that his first duty was to protect American lives and optimizing the use of drones, however tragic that may have been to foreign civilians (as if you give a crap about any of them), was a genius way of accomplishing that feat. But all of this still misses the point about starting wars with new boogeymen for political benefit. Obama didn't do any of that. For example, regime change in Syria was already in the works during Bush but Obama backed away from that policy entirely.
Oh yeah, i forgot - "Bush's fault" because Obama can't possibly be responsible for his own Presidency because he is black,,,just another victim of whitey, eh?

He's responsible for his Presidency but he isn't responsible for starting a war created by his predecessor, moron.
Good thing all those Democrats like Kerry, Clinton, etc denied that boogeyman...

We had eight years of a Clinton Presidency and acknowledging a potential threat from Iraq isn't the same thing as conjuring up fake evidence to support an invasion, which is precisely what the Bush administration did. Only Bush said Iraq posed an "imminent threat" with tales of WMDs that didn't exist. They were selling fear on FOX News and America bought into it. Nearly two decades later America is still buying the same snake oil from the next Republican in office.
imagine how stupid your theory would be if the Democrats joined in on the whole boogeyman façade, eh?cessor you idiot. That's the issue here.

No, that isn't the issue you idiot. The issue is the number of Republican vs. Democrat Presidents who actually start new wars, new reigme change policies, etc. Republicans tend to be trigger happy. Saying Clinton believed Iraq was a potential threat, therefore she is just as guilty as President Bush for lying about his reasons for invasion, is just flat out stupid. Her husband was President for eight years and never once invaded. That's the issue. Those who actually start new wars and those who don't. Not whether they think another country poses a potential threat.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

To hear Subs tell it FDR started WW2 by bombing Pearl Harbor. :rolleyes:
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:

Drones were part of the war from the beginning, well before he took office. And Obama's use of drones dramatically cut down on American casualties. Under Bush, we suffered an annual average of 781 American casualties between 2003 and 2007 in Iraq. Between 2009-2016 under Obama we averaged just 41 per year. If the data were flipped or had this had happened under any other Republican President you'd be calling him a true patriot, a genius and a hero.

So, what you are saying is that Obama did not stop the war when he said he would stop the war, thanks for the clarification.

Kevin Graham wrote:Obama has saved thousands of American lives at home and abroad. But because he's black with a D after his name, you demonize him.

Yeah, Obama did that...and thanks for yet another clarification because i was about to point out how being rich, old, white and republican never gets demonized around here so we should all be grateful for your insightful observations on how unfair life is for a black man...a black man elected as President 2 times, etc....yep, poor guy is a victim because of his skin color...or....he is a trophy because of his skin color...look at how your racism insist on parading him around like a fat pig in a county fair....you must be so proud.

Kevin Graham wrote:This is a President who actually understood that his first duty was to protect American lives and optimizing the use of drones, however tragic that may have been to foreign civilians (as if you give a crap about any of them), was a genius way of accomplishing that feat.

wait a second! earlier in this post you said the drones were already part of the war...i guess Bush had a genius idea in your opinion.

Kevin Graham wrote:But all of this still misses the point about starting wars with new boogeymen for political benefit.

Yes, indeed the current lack of any meaningful policy or convincing candidate has left the Democrats with no other than creating a race war with a boogeyman in Office and a minority population of people who essentially bought their protest sundries at party city.

Kevin Graham wrote: Obama didn't do any of that. For example, regime change in Syria was already in the works during Bush but Obama backed away from that policy entirely.

Yeah, and that was a massive foreign policy failure by Obama and something the Syrian people surely do not appreciate. Are you really so stupid as to think Obama's foreign policy, anywhere, was a point of success?
Geez you're still just a dumb Georgia redneck, aren't ya?

Kevin Graham wrote:

He's responsible for his Presidency but he isn't responsible for starting a war created by his predecessor, moron.

Didn't say he started it you thought vacuum...i pointed out that he did not stop it like he said he would...instead, as you put it, Obama optimized the war....so, once again, you are kinda stupid.

Kevin Graham wrote:
Good thing all those Democrats like Kerry, Clinton, etc denied that boogeyman...

We had eight years of a Clinton Presidency and acknowledging a potential threat from Iraq isn't the same thing as conjuring up fake evidence to support an invasion, which is precisely what the Bush administration did. Only Bush said Iraq posed an "imminent threat" with tales of WMDs that didn't exist. They were selling fear on FOX News and America bought into it. Nearly two decades later America is still buying the same snake oil from the next Republican in office.

And yet still the Democrats can't even outsmart these guys...believe it or not KG, you are the idiot here.

Kevin Graham wrote:
imagine how stupid your theory would be if the Democrats joined in on the whole boogeyman façade, eh?cessor you idiot. That's the issue here.

No, that isn't the issue you idiot. The issue is the number of Republican vs. Democrat Presidents who actually start new wars, new reigme change policies, etc. Republicans tend to be trigger happy. Saying Clinton believed Iraq was a potential threat, therefore she is just as guilty as President Bush for lying about his reasons for invasion, is just flat out stupid. Her husband was President for eight years and never once invaded. That's the issue. Those who actually start new wars and those who don't. Not whether they think another country poses a potential threat.

Oh, if that is the issue then why have you not actually spoken to that issue...this "number" has seemingly escaped your posts here - and undoubtedly will avoid any culpability by a Democratic Senator that voted or supported such a thing.
I never said Clinton believed anything, but she sure voted for something....and as for Bill's 8 years - perhaps your idiocy could reference which President fired cruise missiles in Iraq on June 26, 1993. Or explain the 1996 Operation Desert Strike....see, here is the issue KG, you are ignorant of actual history and actual facts. You watch the Daily Show and Bill Maher and truly believe these guys are espousing facts and "reality" - when they are just peddling snarky entertainment to big foreheads like yourself. Move on KG you are out of your depth, these are grown-up topics.
But hey at least Clinton never considered a US military strike on bombing the Yongbyon nuclear reactor in 1994 because of a North Korea nuclear issue...apparently that would just be an act of boogeyman-ery.

gee, your buffoonery on these topics is both laughable and pathetic - i am praying for your wife.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Kevin: Republican President's start wars all the time.
Subs: Obama didn't end the war like he said he would!
Kevin: How does this change the fact that Republicans START the wars?

Yeah, you're pretty dumb.

wait a second! earlier in this post you said the drones were already part of the war...i guess Bush had a genius idea in your opinion.

The difference is that Obama used them effectively. A point that should have found its way through most subgenius brains.
Yeah, and that was a massive foreign policy failure by Obama and something the Syrian people surely do not appreciate.

Yes, I'm sure Syrians wanted to be bombed. Isn't that the same stupid logic you were pushing back in 2003 with Iraq? Obama's foreign policy in Syria was a success in that we were not responsible for thousands of American lives lost via an invasion. Obama didn't appoint Assad. You can't blame every sad incident on the globe as a massive failure of American foreign policy. Unless of course the President is either black, a Democrat or both.
Didn't say he started it you thought vacuum...i pointed out that he did not stop it like he said he would...instead, as you put it, Obama optimized the war....so, once again, you are kinda stupid.

I said he didn't start it you pathetic idiot. Try to keep up or just go back to trolling. Your red herring about him "not stopping it" has nothing to do with the point. But he stopped as much of it as he could and pulled nearly everyone out of Iraq. But technically you can say we're still there because of a few thousand, so you're going to pounce on it as proof he's a liar. The funny thing about all this is that Republicans including you never wanted him to pull out of Iraq. You attack him for doing so while at the same time attack him for only pulling out 95% of the troops. You're all hypocritical idiots.
And yet still the Democrats can't even outsmart these guys...believe it or not Kevin Graham, you are the idiot here.

What guys? Trump was against the war too, remember? LOL.
Oh, if that is the issue then why have you not actually spoken to that issue...this "number" has seemingly escaped your posts here - and undoubtedly will avoid any culpability by a Democratic Senator that voted or supported such a thing.
I never said Clinton believed anything, but she sure voted for something....and as for Bill's 8 years - perhaps your idiocy could reference which President fired cruise missiles in Iraq on June 26, 1993. Or explain the 1996 Operation Desert Strike....

These were not unprovoked military strikes. Each one of those launches was in response to Iraqi aggression dumbass. Desert Strike was a response to Iraqi military's biggest offensive since 1991 and the other was in response to an Iraqi plot to assassinate George H.W. Bush. But in your pathetic little mind, these two examples are synonymous with Republican Presidents starting new wars with other countries.
here is the issue Kevin Graham, you are ignorant of actual history and actual facts.

Actually I'm not, which is why just mopped the floor with your stupidity. You know how I know? Because when you're opponent is hiding behind a pseudonym while constantly mentioning your wife, you know you're dealing with a moron and a coward. If you ever saw me in a restaurant you'd be hiding in a corner praying I couldn't figure out who you were. Typical ignorant Republican who likes to talk trash anonymously, but in real life is the biggest dweeb you've ever seen.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:Kevin: How does this change the factfantasy that Republicans START the wars?

FIFY

what changes fantasy is actual facts...ya know, like the facts you cannot provide in support of your fantasy

Throughout American History, the war count is as follows - Democrats=16, Republicans=10.

(See, KG - once again facts don't line up with what you want to believe is real...think about it for a second you moron...World War I, World War II, Korea, Viet Nam, Kosovo, Vera Cruz, Pancho Villa, Mexican-American, Barbary, etc...all started by Democratic Party member Presidents.....KG, you are an idiot of your own country's history, which makes sense seeing as how you are a Georgia moron)

So, yeah....get back to your boogeyman-ing of Trump and just ignore the irony of your ignorance
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Yep just as I said Subs blames FDR for WW2, because he bombed Pearl Harbor.