Cracks and Crackers in Charlottesville

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Cracks and Crackers in Charlottesville

Post by _Jersey Girl »

beastie wrote:
Maxine Waters wrote:I'm not sure I believe those things but even if I did, that's not hatred. Even if I wouldn't marry outside my race, that's not an evil racism as you see it. It's my right as a free man. You're the one creating a straw man and exagerating.

You're a racist piece of crap. I don't give a goddamn about what your twisted mind thinks about one goddamned thing right now.

I love a little wine with my beastie.

;-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

The fact that you somehow imagine you don't deserve this harsh judgement is bizarre.

How does it help your cause to say this?
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Jersey Girl wrote:

I love a little wine with my beastie.

;-)

I have no regrets. :lol:
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Maxine Waters wrote:
The fact that you somehow imagine you don't deserve this harsh judgement is bizarre.

I don't know what you imagine my "cause" is. Right now, I'm just engaging in some needed venting after the horror of Charlottesville. You are a deserving target.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Maxine Waters wrote:

Should she just stay silent? Should anyone who opposes preferential treatment toward one race or another just let it happen?

The problem is that you just don't get the issue, Majax, and I'm guessing you never will. How does your rhetoric help?
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Growing up in a foreign country, which had its own mild forms of racism but nothing so indelibly associated with the country's heritage as the American animus toward African Americans, the history in this country almost always struck me as the kind of thing you'd see in movies only. It occurs to me after seeing what happened over the weekend in Virginia that I've still never really understood the racial tensions that are a part of the fabric of this nation.

And when I say that, I mean it literally. I try to get inside the head of a person who wants to claim that Caucasian's are the supreme race to understand what makes them believe that, and I honestly can't do it. Usually, if I make the effort, I can understand someone else's point of view. On this issue, I'm at a complete loss.

I suppose that's likely part of why Obama set a record with his tweet about people not being born to hate other races - that it's a learned behavior. It has to be, because I can't for the life of me understand the rationale behind it.

And there's a part of me that thinks that maybe a great number of these people don't really hate others of another race, that their hostility is borne out of economic insecurity and that they've been brainwashed by demagoguery. I suppose that's what I consider the preferred situation. I don't want to believe people hate others just because of who their ancestors happened to be.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.