Huacachina

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: Huacachina

Post by _The CCC »

Stupid Troll. They are using/despoiling a resource faster than it can be replaced. In other words crapping where they live.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

The CCC wrote:Stupid Troll. They are using/despoiling a resource faster than it can be replaced. In other words crapping where they live.

you is either really dumb - is really slow - or need of refill for your donepezil prescription
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

subgenius wrote:Tell that to Las Vegas

True that. There's a really cool exhibit in the State Museum inside the Springs Preserve that shows the overall water usage, compared to the population to demonstrate the difference water conservation efforts have made over the decades.

Even with all of the conservation efforts though, a trip to Lake Mead, and seeing how low the level has fallen, is almost surreal.

At some point, people are either going to need to abandon their pools, and anything that can’t survive off a monthly spittle; or, start importing desalinized water from the coast.

Hopefully by the time it comes to that, I'll be retired comfortably somewhere that doesn't suck the essence out of me each summer.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski