"I won New Hampshire because it is a drug-infested den"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

"I won New Hampshire because it is a drug-infested den"

Post by _DarkHelmet »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/politics/ ... index.html

I don't think Trump intended it to be taken this way, but when he brags "I won New Hampshire because New Hampshire is a drug-infested den" my immediate thought was you would have to be stoned out of your mind to vote for Trump.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: "I won New Hampshire because it is a drug-infested den"

Post by _The CCC »

Don't know about N.H, but West Virginia has a yuuge Opioid problem and they went big time for Drumpf. Maybe Drumpf should build his wall around West Virginia. :wink:

Drumpf lost N.H to Clinton, and N.H is now fighting back against Drumpf.
SEE http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/n ... disgusting
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

I genuinely wonder just how apoplectic right wing media and even "mainstream" media would be if a Democratic leader kept describing places he's trying to curry favor with as hellholes. I wonder how it'd go if it was just Jeb Bush.

That said, I think there is some reason to think that the opiod crisis did contribute to a general dissatisfaction in the public that pushed in the direction of the non-incumbent party being voted for. Hard to know if it was enough to be decisive, but it probably played some role.

Trump probably was referring to the primary there. It's again hard to know how much Trump's xenophobic messaging was helped by opiod anxieties. Some, probably. Trump won New Hampshire primarily because of its geographic and cultural proximity to New York.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Opioid crisis aside (which happens to be a 50 alarm fire involving both young and old, not just youth as he seems to have stated) does anyone else think he just took a bite out of fall tourism travel to New Hampshire with that statement?
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

DarkHelmet wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/politics/trump-new-hampshire-drugs/index.html

I don't think Trump intended it to be taken this way, but when he brags "I won New Hampshire because New Hampshire is a drug-infested den" my immediate thought was you would have to be stoned out of your mind to vote for Trump.

Whereas my first thought is that people stoned out their mind don't usually show up at the polls....ergo fewer people who liked Hillary voted.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »