How do you feel about a WHITE woman who identifies as black?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: How do you feel about a WHITE woman who identifies as Brian Laundrie

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Shades...I wasn't going to use this example, but I feel like I need to now. If you were to meet the Jersey Boy you would see that he is lily white. He was a green eyed, blonde (think white/platinum blond) and fair skinned as a child. He is Hungarian and Ukranian. That all matches, right?

Except for the fact that he's also African.

Yeah, but not enough to experience what more fully African Americans experience.

Same with the lady in the opening post.

Why are you shifting focus away from your original question to me? You asked me to determine the race of person's in a photograph based solely on their physical appearance.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Water Dog wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:I have 3 decades of experience and education in the field of child development/behavioral science. Feel free to ask me anything you like.

And all that experience culminates into pleading arguments that a red headed white girl is actually biologically black! Impressive!

No, you inane dolt. Read the posts I have made. Or better yet, get someone to read this post by Quasi to you. It's shorter.

Quasimodo wrote:We have all descended from Africans. We all have black ancestors. Homo Sapiens (us... whatever race) developed in Africa and later dispersed throughout the world. Mitochondrial DNA research is very clear on this.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:Why are you shifting focus away from your original question to me? You asked me to determine the race of person's in a photograph based solely on their physical appearance.

Yes. Now, please determine the race of those two people based solely on their physical appearance, according to highest DNA %.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Quasimodo wrote:♬If you wanna be black be black
If you wanna be blue be blue

Are you suggesting that Rachel might have a career in Avatar sequels, being an Andorian on Star Trek, or even as a Smurfette?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

moksha wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:♬If you wanna be black be black
If you wanna be blue be blue

Are you suggesting that Rachel might have a career in Avatar sequels, being an Andorian on Star Trek, or even as a Smurfette?

:lol:

I actually had Ruth Gordon singing in my head when I messed with those lyrics. If Smurfs had been around when Cat Stevens wrote that, I'm sure he would have included them somewhere. My apologies to Cat Stevens, Ruth Gordon and Bud Cort.

Here is how it's supposed to sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGze_1DWbE
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Quasimodo wrote:
I actually had Ruth Gordon singing in my head when I messed with those lyrics. If Smurfs had been around when Cat Stevens wrote that, I'm sure he would have included them somewhere. My apologies to Cat Stevens, Ruth Gordon and Bud Cort.

Great movie. Too bad about Cat Stevens, though. :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Maksutov wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:

Great movie. Too bad about Cat Stevens, though. :wink:

Yeah, that was odd. I think he is backing away from all that now. He is on tour again. I got a note from a cousin in South Africa that he had tickets to see him in Johannesburg.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Re: How do you feel about a WHITE woman identifies as black?

Post by _Maxine Waters »

Water Dog wrote:Questions, please give me a straight answer. Should I hand my scholarship money for black kids over to the white girl or not? If a white girl fills out an application form pretending to be black, should she be prosecuted for fraud?

I think it's a real shame scholarship money can't be given out to the candidate that shows the most potential and who perhaps has the most pressing economic situation. Why does race have to be part of the criteria?
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: How do you feel about a WHITE woman identifies as black?

Post by _EAllusion »

Maxine Waters wrote:I think it's a real shame scholarship money can't be given out to the candidate that shows the most potential and who perhaps has the most pressing economic situation. Why does race have to be part of the criteria?
Most scholarships don't take race into account, so it can?

The justification for affirmative action goes something like this:

Society is rife with deeply-embedded prejudice and bigotry that feed tangible discriminatory actions at the public and private levels. Additionally, various institutions within the United States, governments, schools, businesses, long had laws and policies that sustained, fostered, enabled, and effectuated this discrimination. After hundreds years of such policy has helped create a society riven with dysfunction and prejudice, is it really justice for them to decide to simply wash its hands of the matter and adopt a laissez-faire attitude? In the sense that if you break something, you have a moral obligation to fix something. Even if we take as a given that a laissez-faire approach is ideal as an initial matter, any intellectually honest person would have to acknowledge that a situation created by hundred years of public and private policy pushing ideas, norms, and beliefs firmly in one direction creates a vastly different social environment than would prevail without that. People look at this and ask those institutions and individuals to counter-balance that with allowing preferential treatment of certain races to offset societal disadvantages created by this past and present situation.

I'm not an affirmative action supporter, but I don't think you actually understand the basis for it and I think it is intellectually dishonest or ignorant not to reckon with a strong case for it.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Without an understanding of history we are condemned to repeat its tragedies.