Major red flag re Trump/Russia

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Major red flag re Trump/Russia

Post by _Jersey Girl »

beastie wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
I know that much. Did they say that they offered and Trump declined? I'm not understanding where you're getting that Trump wasn't interested.

It is Trump's job to ask.

edit on: Imagine this. If, after Pearl Harbor had been attacked, if FDR had not met with and discussed this attack with relevant members, what would we think?

Our country was attacked. And our president isn't interested in finding out more about it.

I'm not entirely sure that post Pearl Harbor is analogous to the investigation into Russian ties, but let's go with it. If the investigation also includes investigation into possible Trump satellite ties to Russia, how much could they actually tell him at this point?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

beastie wrote:This may have been pointed out elsewhere. Heck, there may even be an entire thread devoted to it. If so, I apologize that I can't keep up with everything in this crap storm.

But one of the major red flags to me is the fact that both Comey and Sessions have made it clear that Trump has ZERO interest in investigating, in any way, what Russia did.

I find this stunning. I'm not even sure what it means. It may just mean that Trump is such a hopeless narcissist that he can't be bothered to be interested in Russia's meddling as long as he won. Or it could mean that his thinking is really being challenged by something (dementia?) that prevents him for seeing how important it is to figure this out. Or it could mean that he, or members of his close team, did, indeed, collude with Russia.

Whatever the reason, to me, it's set my hair on fire. (well, even more than it already was) I can't see how anyone - even Trump supporters - aren't bothered by this fact. And it does appear to be confirmed fact thanks to Comey and Sessions' testimonies.

I know "treason" is being thrown around a lot, but it does feel treasonous to me to not even care that Russia is meddling in the very foundation of our democracy.

It is no secret that the Russians are pleased, if not delighted with Trump's election, even if for no other reason that they realized that the election of such an incredibly narcissistic, ignorant and selfish buffoon to President could not fail to greatly diminish U.S. prestige and influence in the world. It is no controversy that this is already happening. Even prominent, powerful and well informed Republicans can hardly deny that reality honestly. I don't think it is much of a stretch to associate the word "treasonous" with Trump and at least some of his coterie of appointees.
Some Schmo wrote:I actually think this is the primary indicator of Drumpf's guilt (as I've said before, I don't know what he's guilty of, but there has to be something). I don't really suspect collusion. I think it's more likely Russia has something on the President which they are leveraging to the hilt. Most likely it's something financial.

I believe Sessions when he claims he wasn't involved in helping the Russians win the election. What I don't believe is that he's unaware that the Russians have said leverage. I believe he's a pathetic victim of his own ambition.

I think that collusion on Trump's part is more likely than not. Remember that during the campaign he publically encouraged the Russians to hack into the DNC. This was at least incredibly stupid of him, even if not evidence of collusion. Regardless, even if not actually guilty of that, there is ample justification to suspect he is guilty of something or other that the Russians are "leveraging to the hilt." Trump's own actions and words are among the strongest reasons to suspect that, and he hasn't the wit to realize that he is digging his own pit!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:I'm not entirely sure that post Pearl Harbor is analogous to the investigation into Russian ties, but let's go with it.

That Pearl Harbor analogy wasn't in reference to possible Russian ties, Jersey Girl. Take Drumpf out of the picture.

The Russians tried to interfere in our election. That is an act of war (a revival of the Cold War). That is the attack the president not only seems uninterested to combat going forward, he's not even interested in the particulars. He doesn't want to believe it likely because he realizes (rightly) that it delegitimizes his election. He still barely acknowledges it happened. That is what is incredibly unsettling.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:I think that collusion on Trump's part is more likely than not. Remember that during the campaign he publically encouraged the Russians to hack into the DNC. This was at least incredibly stupid of him, even if not evidence of collusion. Regardless, even if not actually guilty of that, there is ample justification to suspect he is guilty of something or other that the Russians are "leveraging to the hilt." Trump's own actions and words are among the strongest reasons to suspect that, and he hasn't the wit to realize that he is digging his own pit!

Well, awareness of what Russia was doing and actually helping them with the particulars are two different things.

But we are in full agreement that he is guilty of something (aside from wanton idiocy). Just his deference to Putin alone is incredibly suspicious, let alone his constant whining about the investigations.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:I'm not entirely sure that post Pearl Harbor is analogous to the investigation into Russian ties, but let's go with it.

That Pearl Harbor analogy wasn't in reference to possible Russian ties, Jersey Girl. Take Drumpf out of the picture.

The Russians tried to interfere in our election. That is an act of war (a revival of the Cold War). That is the attack the president not only seems uninterested to combat going forward, he's not even interested in the particulars. He doesn't want to believe it likely because he realizes (rightly) that it delegitimizes his election. He still barely acknowledges it happened. That is what is incredibly unsettling.

I messed up that sentence! I had written investigation into Russian interference into the election, revised and somehow deleted that part.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Well, they need to investigate this recent ____ show:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... on-sold-to

The majority of real estate properties sold by President Trump’s corporations since he clinched the Republican nomination for president have been purchased by shell companies, a new investigation has found.

USA Today spent six months analyzing the transactions of every real estate property that Trump and his companies own and found that 70 percent of purchasers were shell companies, which allow people to buy property without revealing the buyer’s name.

Only 4 percent of the buyers used shell companies in the two years before, according to the newspaper.

- Doc

Part of the difficulty here is that I think we're in collective scandal overload. There is just such a constant stream of serious scandals that many of them don't get the attention they deserve, like this one.

Hopefully, since Mueller is doing a lot of hiring, they'll be able to follow all these myriad leads.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Some Schmo wrote:

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. That Trump seems to have so little interest in the fact that our country was attacked, and is still under attack, is incredibly disturbing.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com