New President - What's the real complaint here? Any guts?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Re: New President - What's the real complaint here? Any guts

Post by _Xenophon »

Doctor Steuss wrote:Looks like the NAHB released updated estimates based on the 20% tariff:

NAHB estimates that the annual impact of the 19.88 percent duty, if in effect throughout 2017, would be a [NET] loss of

•$498.3 million in wages and salaries for U.S. workers,
•$350.2 million in taxes and other revenue for governments in the U.S., and
•8,241 full-time U.S. jobs.

[...]

•6.4 percent increase in the price paid by U.S. customers.

http://eyeonhousing.org/2017/04/impact- ... -april-25/

It's not like home ownership wasn't already at all time lows due to raising costs. I'm certain that increasing prices an extra 6.5% won't negatively impact that further either... :rolleyes:

Bloomberg wrote:The U.S. homeownership rate fell to the lowest in more than 50 years as rising prices put buying out of reach for many renters.

The share of Americans who own their homes was 62.9 percent in the second quarter, the lowest since 1965, according to a Census Bureau report Thursday. It was the second straight quarterly decrease, down from 63.5 percent in the previous three months.

"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Bach wrote:Shades - you should advertise!!!

Bach wrote:Shades, really, you should advertise!

Goddamn it, how many times do I have to tell you this? STOP MENTIONING MY NAME IN YOUR POSTS!!!

Owning a free-speech zone must be a bitch.
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Bach wrote:Shades - you should advertise!!!

Bach wrote:Shades, really, you should advertise!

Goddamn it, how many times do I have to tell you this? STOP MENTIONING MY NAME IN YOUR POSTS!!!

Settle down. I'm bringing you traffic, and your fake emotions demonstrate it.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Quasimodo wrote:It's never a good idea to feed the trolls.

It only encourages them to seek sustenance from honest posters instead of eating their natural diet (I'm assuming some sort of excrement). Their gradual loss of excrement finding skills will only lead to starvation if the honest posters stop feeding them, altogether. This would be a good thing.

Yeah, I know bach is a silly troll, but every now and then I take even troll bait as an opportunity to make a genuine point. I'm sure it gratifies him when people take the bait in some sad, pathetic way, but who cares.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com