Spicer says Hitler didn't use chemical weapons.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Spicer says Hitler didn't use chemical weapons.

Post by _DarkHelmet »

What an idiot.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/11/us/p ... .html?_r=0

“We didn’t use chemical weapons in World War II. You know, you had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons,” Mr. Spicer said.
Asked to clarify his remarks, Mr. Spicer acknowledged that Hitler used chemical agents, but maintained that there was a difference.

“I think when you come to sarin gas, he was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing,” Mr. Spicer said, and mentioned “Holocaust centers,” apparently referring to Nazi death camps.

This guy needs to stop talking. I realize that his small brain can't fully process a thought before it comes out of his mouth. But if you're going to bring up bad guys to show how Assad is even worse, steer clear of Hitler. Even if you think there might be something horrible that Hitler didn't do, odds are he probably did.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Spicer says Hitler didn't use chemical weapons.

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

He's not really helping the view that he and the admin are Alt-Right White NuNazi Supremacists when he's literally a Hitler apologist.

LOL. These “F” in' guys. It's like subgenius/Majax/Bach/ldsfats is writing his material. Lolol.

- Doc

ETA: Is it too much to ask to let ONE GOD DAMN DAY GO BY without THIS ADMIN DOING SOMETHING OBJECTIVELY RE-TARD-ED?
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

I heard some clips on the radio today. After his first gaffe, he tried to walk it back with something about how at least Hitler didn't gas his own people.

Apparently someone tried to give him a heads up (I would imagine by hissing something like "German Jews!! German Jews!!) because in the third clip, he tried to walk it back again by saying at least Hitler didn't drop the gas right on the middle of people's homes and towns. Right. He was humane enough to spare their homes when he rounded them up. There are no words.

I can hardly wait for Saturday Night Live this week. Melissa McCarthy will kill it. They won't even have to write a skit. She can just quote him word for word.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Lol. I mean you just can't make this up. They don't even think German Jews were worthy of citizenship.

BUT. NOTHING. And I mean NOTHING would give any of his supporters any reason to change their minds unless he suddenly decided he was a Democrat one day.

That's it. This is hands down the weirdest Presidency I've seen in my life. I thought Bush was a gaffe master, but boy oh boy these guys make Idiocracy reality.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Lol. I mean you just can't make this up. They don't even think German Jews were worthy of citizenship.

BUT. NOTHING. And I mean NOTHING would give any of his supporters any reason to change their minds unless he suddenly decided he was a Democrat one day.

That's it. This is hands down the weirdest Presidency I've seen in my life. I thought Bush was a gaffe master, but boy oh boy these guys make Idiocracy reality.

- Doc

Don't they? I was reminded the other day of President Cumacho (?) in that movie. I realized they could re-script it, replacing the movie president story line with actual Trump data, and it would make the movie seem LESS realistic. That's saying a lot.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

And then when apologizing on Wolf Blitzers show, he says he feels bad that he didn't stay focused on the real issue, which is Trump's attempts to destabilize the region. Seriously? And then he struggles to pronounce a name and Wolf has to help him out. Trump needs to give this guy a job that doesn't require him to speak in public.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Word to the wise. Stay well away from Hitler analogies.