Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Meet PERFUME, MormonDiscussions.com's official Japanese

Post by _Dr. Shades »

The following is a historic song: This was the very first one created for Perfume by Yasutaka Nakata, the man who would go on to become their songwriter, musician, and producer. . . and who remains all three even now. Oddly, the song never saw the light of day until well over 15 years later, when it appeared as a bonus track to "Perfume the Best Pᶟ," their first "Greatest Hits" album.

"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:Buried in the long list in page 11 of this thread, I have located what I'm convinced is Perfume's very first "public" performance with their current line-up and of a song all their own, i.e. not a cover (which happens to be the first song in the "The Early Years" post in the first page of this thread). It took place on March 17, 2002, which means they were each 13 years old. Just look at their ages and imagine how long they've been performing together:

It was during a recital at their performing arts school.

Adorable. Nocchi wasn't in the group then, was she? She replaced a member, right?

See, I know stuff. Maybe not as much as you do, but I pay attention.

:cool:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:The following is a historic song: This was the very first one created for Perfume by Yasutaka Nakata, the man who would go on to become their songwriter, musician, and producer. . . and who remains all three even now. Oddly, the song never saw the light of day until well over 15 years later, when it appeared as a bonus track to "Perfume the Best Pᶟ," their first "Greatest Hits" album.

I might be a new convert to Perfumemaniacism, but I could easily fire up my Stones thread again and keep it going indefinitely like you do this thread. I almost resurrected it last week and I probably will at some point here.

I'm just saying I get it.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:Adorable. Nocchi wasn't in the group then, was she? She replaced a member, right?

No and yes, respectively. She replaced Yuka Kawashima, a.k.a. "Kawayuka," after the latter voluntarily left the group in order to spend more time on her studies. But that's indeed Nocchi in the video you watched, hence the reason I described it as what's most likely their earliest recorded performance with their current line-up.

Jersey Girl wrote:I might be a new convert to Perfumemaniacism, but I could easily fire up my Stones thread again and keep it going indefinitely like you do this thread.

And there wouldn't be a thing wrong with doing so.

I'm just saying I get it.

And bless you for that.

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT:

Perfume were recently "cartoonized" when they appeared as themselves in a kids' show. Each episode is only a minute and 25 seconds long. The show revolves around an office worker whose lunchbox contents are sentient and able to speak. See what happens when our three favorite ladies arrive and "out" him as having a crush on one of his co-workers:

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Perfume's newest single dropped yesterday. It's the theme song from the movie "Shijinsou no Satsujin":

In my opinion, it needs a lot more bass. Its lack thereof causes it to creep dangerously close to the generic "idol"-pop ubiquitous to Korea and Japan. Was Yasutaka Nakata, their manager / songwriter, just phoning it in this time?

But who knows, maybe it'll grow on me with time.

--Louis Midgley
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:Perfume's newest single dropped yesterday. It's the theme song from the movie "Shijinsou no Satsujin":

In my opinion, it needs a lot more bass. Its lack thereof causes it to creep dangerously close to the generic "idol"-pop ubiquitous to Korea and Japan. Was Yasutaka Nakata, their manager / songwriter, just phoning it in this time?

But who knows, maybe it'll grow on me with time.

I don't usually visit these threads because I sometimes find it hard to resist throwing Shades some shade, given his obsequious worship of this band.

Imagine my delight to find a Shades criticism of Perfume! Holy large crap chunks! They are human to him after all!
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.