Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Meet PERFUME, MormonDiscussions.com's official Japanese

Post by _Dr. Shades »

"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Interestingly, Perfume just revealed an independent single today, i.e. not a track from "Future Pop," their most recent studio album. Behold:

• ナナナナナイロ (seven-seven-seven-seven-seven colors; a reference to the number of colors in a rainbow)

I'm nothing if not honest, so I'll admit that I'm not quite sold on this single. . . nor are many others in the Perfumesphere. People have noticed that their writer and producer, Yasutaka Nakata, has been quite experimental of late, and Perfume's music has of course been subjected to his whims, which has resulted in their newest album being considered by many to be one of if not the weakest one of theirs so far.

Perfume's members have been expressing of late that they want to try their hand at songwriting. Due to contractual obligations it all has to be done by Mr. Nakata, 'cause having co-writers would cause him to lose a huge cut of the profits.

I'm thinking that if he doesn't hurry and get over this phase and return to producing what works, it might be time for Perfume to look for another producer.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:Image

I really needed to see these beautiful faces today. Thanks Shades!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Dr. Shades wrote:Interestingly, Perfume just revealed an independent single today, i.e. not a track from "Future Pop," their most recent studio album. Behold:

• ナナナナナイロ (seven-seven-seven-seven-seven colors; a reference to the number of colors in a rainbow)

Perfume's members have been expressing of late that they want to try their hand at songwriting. Due to contractual obligations it all has to be done by Mr. Nakata, 'cause having co-writers would cause him to lose a huge cut of the profits

Will be a very soon to be recognized whether they really have talent or just novelty promotion. If they can’t write or create on their own - it (as I predict) will be another “Pleasant Valley Sunday”!

Dr. Shades wrote:
zerinus wrote:They all sound the same to me. Are they all singing the same song? :lol:

You've got to be kidding. How many did you listen to?

I brought forth the very same obvious observation months ago and got prisoned for doing so. Go figure the obvious bias of filtering posts!

(Does this response to a fair comment even make it Shades)
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Bach wrote:Will be a very soon to be recognized whether they really have talent or just novelty promotion. If they can’t write or create on their own - it (as I predict) will be another “Pleasant Valley Sunday”!

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:I really needed to see these beautiful faces today. Thanks Shades!

You're very welcome; the pleasure's all mine.

In other news, the online magazine scmp.com, in the "News & Trends" portion of its "Style" section, posted the following timely article. The title says it all:

The subtitle reads, "Authentic fan engagement, infectious electropop, intricate dance moves, and dazzling sci-fi backdrops at their concerts makes Perfume a powerhouse group in Japan[.]"

The author talks a little bit about the San Jose concert, at which I was in attendance. Enjoy!

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Vote for PERFUME to perform in the 2020 Olympics!

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Dear participants,

The Tokyo Olympics organizing committee is asking for votes to determine which musical acts should perform in the opening and/or closing ceremonies. What that means for us, here, is that we all get to show our support for our official Japanese electro-pop group by voting for Perfume at the following link:

https://siesta-tokyo.com/article/439086791.html

It's in Japanese, of course. The list of potential acts is quite long, so you should probably click "CTRL + F", input "Perfume," then press the "Enter" key. Once there, click the box next to their name, then scroll down until you see the button-looking graphic, then mouse-click on it.

Do it for MormonDiscussions.com. Do it for me. Do it for Perfume.

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Vote for PERFUME to perform in the 2020 Olympics!

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I looked it over. It's too late for me to figure it out right now even with the translation feature. But of course I will do it for Perfume. I will do it for MDB. I will do it for you. You are my best founder and visionary!

I might be calling for help tomorrow. :eek:

p.s. I still want my own planet.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb