Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Dear Perfumaniacs,

FANTASTIC NEWS: Perfume's newest single just dropped on YouTube!!

• Future Pop The eponymous single from the album of the same name. Showcasing their never-ending creativity, this video hybridizes animation with live-action, creating a VERY cool effect. You'll love it!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

I recently discovered a VERY awesome mash-up of 45 of Perfume's songs. The transitions from song to song are far smoother than anything else I've heard, so it sounds like one long rave.

It lasts an hour and 14 minutes, so it's perfect for listening to on your iPhone or Android while you're walking your dog, making lunch, or whatever.

ENJOY!

Some Schmo and rockslider, if you give this one the ol' college try you might be pleasantly surprised.

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:Image

STUNNING.

I mean that sincerely.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:STUNNING.

I mean that sincerely.

Everyone, please pay close attention to the attitude displayed by Jersey Girl, then emulate her stellar example.

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

EXCELLENT NEWS! PERFUME TOURS NORTH AMERICA IN 2019!!!

Post by _Dr. Shades »

EXCELLENT NEWS!!! Perfume Tours North America in 2019!

Fellow Perfumaniacs, our prayers have been answered: The Official J-Pop group of MormonDiscussions.com announced today that they will be touring North America in 2019 to support their latest studio album, Future Pop. They also helpfully unveiled their itinerary:

1. March 30, 2019 (Saturday): New York City
  2. April 02, 2019 (Tuesday): Toronto
  3. April 05, 2019 (Friday): Chicago
  4. April 07, 2019 (Sunday): Dallas
  5. April 10, 2019 (Wednesday): Seattle
  6. April 17, 2019 (Wednesday): San Jose (my hometown, incidentally)
  7. April 19, 2019 (Friday): Los Angeles

To view the list of venues, along with links to their locations in google maps, pricing, and of course to purchase tickets, see:

http://www.perfume-web.jp/cam/FUTUREPOP/world/

(Be sure to click on the "+" symbols.)

Advanced tickets sell for between $45.00 and $55.00, while sales at the door are 10 dollars more.

IMPORTANT: Tickets for all venues go on sale this coming Friday (11-02) at 09:00 Pacific Standard Time, so don't delay!

I have relatives in both the San Francisco metro area and also in and around Seattle, so I'll be taking vacation time to fit in a visit either before or afterward. I'm currently leaning toward San Jose, though, for the nostalgia since it's the city in which I was born and I think the drive is a little shorter. Nevertheless, my wife doesn't work on Fridays, so she may be able to go with me to the L.A. show, but that'll mean we'll have to either drive all night or fly out there.

Which one will you all be attending? I'll let you know what my ultimate decision is so we can meet each other face-to-face if possible.

See? In this world of fear and uncertainty, there are a few brief shining moments that we can all celebrate together. PERFUME IN 2019!!

--Louis Midgley
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: EXCELLENT NEWS! PERFUME TOURS NORTH AMERICA IN 2019!!!

Post by _Res Ipsa »

If you end up in Seattle, please let me know. I’ll treat you to a better representative of the bar scene. :wink:
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Res Ipsa wrote:If you end up in Seattle, please let me know. I’ll treat you to a better representative of the bar scene. :wink:

Thank you, my friend. I can only imagine Seattle's bar scene is orders of magnitude better than Salt Lake City's.

--Louis Midgley
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

for what it's worth, the Paramount in Seattle is a great venue for them.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951