Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: GOOD NEWS!! Perfume's new single & video is now on YouTu

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Nice Vid! Makes we want to visit Guam. Or at least parts of Guam.

Can I pick up one of those white transformer tetris thingies on the official fansite?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: GOOD NEWS!! Perfume's new single & video is now on YouTu

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Here's even more good news:

Perfume performed this new single live a mere four days ago (as of this writing). It was filmed in high definition, what's more. So if you want to see how they look and work now, well, here it is. They're consummate professionals, clearly.

It's also subtitled, so you'll be able to read all the English lyrics that are interspersed throughout the song.

ENJOY!

PERFUME - INFINITE FUTURE
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Meet PERFUME--our new official Japanese Electropop group

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Fantastic news!! I discovered a new (to us) selection of Perfume goodness:

• キューティーハニー ("Cutie Honey") an extremely rare piece, performed when they were only 16. The video unfortunately cuts out a bit prematurely.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Meet PERFUME--our new official Japanese Electro-pop grou

Post by _moksha »

Some Schmo wrote:"Who's the arbiter of worthy material?" I suppose they could employ a panel of judges from various points of view...

They would need to tailor their routine differently depending on whether the judge one night was Dr. Dan Peterson and the next night it was Dr. Shades. It would test the native skills of the comedian to switch gears and come up with some workable spelling and grammar jokes. Perhaps any comedy shortcomings could be covered with a dose of Perfume.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Meet PERFUME--our new official Japanese Electro-pop grou

Post by _Dr. Shades »

moksha wrote:Perhaps any comedy shortcomings could be covered with a dose of Perfume.

A dose of Perfume covereth a multitude of sins.

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:Fantastic news!! I discovered a new (to us) selection of Perfume goodness:

• キューティーハニー ("Cutie Honey") an extremely rare piece, performed when they were only 16. The video unfortunately cuts out a bit prematurely.

Just when I think I can stand no more media reports, resignations, hypothetical firing of investigators, Stormy allegations, and threats of missiles that "will be coming soon", Cutie Honey restores my hope with a fresh breath of Perfume!

<3 <3 <3
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:Just when I think I can stand no more . . . Cutie Honey restores my hope with a fresh breath of Perfume!

Congratulations, you "get it!"

--Louis Midgley
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Is Perfume a code word for Seratonin?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Res Ipsa wrote:Is Perfume a code word for Seratonin?

Not yet, but it should be!

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Just when I think I can stand no more . . . Cutie Honey restores my hope with a fresh breath of Perfume!

Congratulations, you "get it!"

Perfume is our bliss.
;-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb