Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Meet PERFUME--our new official Japanese Electro-pop grou

Post by _Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:Good news, everyone...

I don't know why, but reading this (in the context of what followed) cracked me up.

I suppose it's a little like reading, Good news, everyone. It's my birthday!
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:Good news, everyone...

I don't know why, but reading this (in the context of what followed) cracked me up.

Let's face it: Any new material from our official--and favorite!--Japanese electropop group is good news, is it not?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

If anyone wants to see a full-length Perfume concert--and, let's face it, who doesn't--here is their performance of May 10, 2009, the second of two nights in the Yoyogi National Gymnasium:

PERFUME LIVE: Disco! Disco! Disco!

You're welcome!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Dear fellow Perfumaniacs,

Let's face it, it's been waaay too long since we've experienced a full-length Perfume concert in all its glory. To alleviate that sad state of affairs, here is their performance of October 15, 2009, in the Yokohama Arena:

PERFUME LIVE: Triangle Tour (supertitled in Chinese)

You're welcome!

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Meet PERFUME--our new official Japanese Electropop group

Post by _Dr. Shades »

--Louis Midgley
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

Young, school age female Japanese singing groups are very trendy in Japan.

I watched one performing on a local college campus while visiting Japan. They were maybe junior high age. There was a large crowd gathering to watch them perform (outdoors on a cool autumn day.)

It was explained to me that older men enjoy watching the girls perform as a form of voyeurism.

That some splinter off into groups and become singing sensations such as Perfume, is to be expected from the pool of talent they started from.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Hello, fellow Perfumaniacs:

December is now upon us, and that can only mean one thing: The Christmas season has officially arrived. To help get us into a festive spirit, our favorite musical act will now treat us to a rendition of a popular yuletide song:

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

GOOD NEWS!! Perfume's new single & video is now on YouTube!!

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Dear fellow Perfumaniacs,

FANTASTIC NEWS: Perfume's brand-new new single and video is now up on YouTube, having been posted just over three hours ago as I type this. ENJOY!

For trivia buffs, it was filmed on Guam.

(Moksha: If you choose to reply to this post, it is not necessary for you to post your usual Perfume observation. Thanks in advance.)

--Louis Midgley
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Re: GOOD NEWS!! Perfume's new single & video is now on YouTu

Post by _CameronMO »

Thanks for sharing, Shades!
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.