Clips for inner jogging?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Amore
_Emeritus

Clips for inner jogging?

Post by _Amore »

Clean comedy...

Tim Hawkins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52OoXrF6z20

Kid History
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMX-07Lu6zM

Laughter's good medicine! :smile:
_Amore
_Emeritus

Re: Clips for inner jogging?

Post by _Amore »

_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Ok... how about memes or whatever...

_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Amore wrote:Ok... how about memes or whatever...

I always thought what would Jesus do was not the best metric by which to live your life. Getting tortured to death is not on my bucket list.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

You should listen to Dan Savage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8SOQEitsJI

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:You should listen to Dan Savage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8SOQEitsJI

- Doc

Wow - he didn’t beat around the bush. He does make a good point that most, if not all married people have probably wondered or fantasized about being with others besides their spouse. And many have sexually been with more than one person over their lifetime, so in that sense few are strictly monogamous. I like his suggestion of having more realistic expectations, however, I don’t think polygamy or affairs should be praised as good for society (children & lifetime effects of it).
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Some Schmo wrote:
Amore wrote:Ok... how about memes or whatever...

I always thought what would Jesus do was not the best metric by which to live your life. Getting tortured to death is not on my bucket list.

I’ve thought similarly. If you take the command to “follow Jesus” all of the way, who would want to end like that?

Still, I think it was Carl Jung who suggested Christianity was the best religion in terms of taking the symbolic spiritual path as far as it did. I’m not referring to Sunday school answers, but more like ideas that are true but deemed heretical or worse. Ie: The snake in the garden of Eden is thought by some to be Christ. Lucifer=light-bringer. Nothing like being betrayed to see the light! Some see God as 2 sides of the same coin... yin and yang, “opposition in all things.” Jesus wrestled with Satan in the wilderness - & to a large extent (though not completely), the kingdom of both God and Satan are within. And there are times when you need to tap into the evil potential but in a controlled way - for good.

“Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person to the right degree at the right time for the right purpose and in the right way, that is not easy.” - Aristotle

by the way, This thread changed gears quickly. You guys getting so serious on me now? :D
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

As the Marys and I like to say...
"Look to Some Schmo for your comedy needs."
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Following religion to its logical conclusions is emergent comedy. It's jokes writing themselves.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.