12 AM Election Day

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Re: 12 AM Election Day

Post by _bcspace »

Why have we become so partisan, so polarized?

The context of being united in the Christian sense is being united under one type of belief. That belief is at war with all the rest:

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
Matthew 10
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey honor :smile:

honorentheos wrote:
Kiddo, regardless of the outcome I hope I could be proud to be part of this great country and - whatever my differences with his views - recognize him as the President of the American people. Democrat or Republican, we're all American's first. Or we should be. If that stops being the case, we've all lost.

Interestingly enough, just the other day, I had (almost) this exact same conversation with the real Ceeboo (my eleven real old boy).

Great post, honor! :smile:
And I could not agree with you more!

Peace,
Ceeboo
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Thanks Ceeboo. Maybe there is something about having 11 year old children that triggers these kinds of thoughts? I'd say something cliché about great minds, etc., etc., but I don't fill up to that billing and know you well enough to expect you'd politely deflect the compliment. So, let's say we chalk it up to "great kids help us think alike". Or something like that.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

I've been looking for an old thread and it's been interesting seeing these conversations from around the Romney-Obama contest in light of the current partisanship. We haven't so much come a long ways as much as we've seemed to be reaching an even more critical velocity downward...
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa