Chubby Fat Boy

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Chubby Fat Boy

Post by _Coggins7 »

Hey, baby, goin' to the dance
I know what's good for you tonight
Are you worried if your Bishop sees
will your slip be showing when you dance with me

'Cause I'm a chubby fat boy
Yeah a chubby fat boy
Chubby fat boy

I'm waiting right here for you
Got punch and chocolate chip cookies too
Come on over here let's do it
Chubby fingers and sticky goo 'scuse it

Yeah a chubby fat boy
Chubby fat boy

I'm just a chubby fat boy
Chubby fat boy, chubby fat boy
Chubby fat boy

I've been a nerd since I don't know when
You're a cutie yes and I know its true I'll be a nerd 'till the end
I'm a loner polyester and crumbs
Every night I think of you as you're thinking I'm dumb

Yeah a chubby fat boy
Chubby fat boy

Cmon, cmon boy
Chubby fat boy

Hey, Im a dirty white boy
Chubby fat boy, yeah, Im a Chubby fat boy
Chubby fat boy, Chubby fat boy, yeah
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Chubby fingers and sticky goo 'scuse it

Why does this instantly remind me The Stand?

Harold Lauder

Harold is 16 years old and lived in Ogunquit, Maine, at the beginning of the novel. He is the brother of Fran Goldsmith’s best friend, Amy Lauder, and is an outcast in his local high school. Harold doesn’t help matters for himself by being rather obnoxious and uppity. A talented writer, he prefers to use a manual typewriter. After the superflu hits the world, it wipes out the entire population of Ogunquit except for himself and Fran. The two decide to head to the Stovington Plague Center in Vermont, leaving their directions on the roof of a barn.

Harold falls in love with Fran and sees himself as her protector of sorts. When they meet Stuart Redman, Harold refuses to allow him to join, even going so far as to attempt to shoot Stu, but after a conversation in which Stu tells him he just wants to come along and that Harold can have Fran, Harold relents. After the facility proves to be a disappointment, the survivors head to Nebraska, and then Colorado to join Mother Abagail, picking up more survivors along the way. Harold attempts to profess his love for Frannie, only to be rebuked. As Fran becomes involved with Stu, a jealous Harold plots his revenge.

Harold quickly becomes a respected and well thought of member of the Boulder Community. Often, his ideas are used to better the community. In a moment of clarity, Harold realizes that he truly is accepted and valued in this strange new world, and that he has the freedom to choose a new life for himself as a respected member of the community. Unable to escape his past humiliations, however, he rejects his last chance at redemption and surrenders instead to his dreams of vengeance, particularly on Fran and Stu (he goes so far as to aim a rifle at Stu while scouting for the missing Mother Abagail, but does not fire). Soon after this, Nadine Cross approaches him and reveals an in-depth knowledge of Harold’s insecurities, hatreds and fears. She hints at her own. They enjoy a decadent sexual playtime. Harold succumbs to Nadine’s seduction. He fulfills Flagg’s wishes and creates a bomb to destroy the Free Zone Committee.

After detonating the bomb—which kills seven people—Harold and Nadine make their way to Las Vegas. However, Harold ends up wrecking his motorcycle and breaking his leg after slipping on an oil slick. Flagg, mistrustful of Harold for being "too full of thoughts," has apparently arranged the accident. Harold survives the accident, though terribly injured, and attempts to shoot Nadine. He misses and Nadine abandons him and continues to travel alone to meet Flagg in the desert.

Realizing that he is dying, Harold writes a note in which he takes responsibility for his actions, though he knows he cannot be forgiven. He states that he only hopes the Almighty can accept that he was misled. Harold commits suicide by shooting himself in the head. His body is later found by Stu, Larry, Glen, and Ralph, and Stu remarks that Harold’s actions were a waste not only of Nick and Susan, but of himself as well. In the miniseries, he is played by Corin Nemec.

[edit]

I know im phoning this insult in but when you can make the smallest contribution over none at all, well...you know.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Speaking of The Stand, I never drive through the Queens-Midtown tunnel without thinking about it...
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Blixa wrote:Speaking of The Stand, I never drive through the Queens-Midtown tunnel without thinking about it...

haha!
Lost in time
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Pretty funny, Coggins!

I do want to say that I never thought Dallas was dumb. Nerdy, socially awkward and aggressive, yes, but dumb - no.

I don't like to hurt people's feelings and I didn't want to do that to Dallas. That's why I tried to avoid him (but I went to great pains to not make it too obvious), because turning him down would hurt his feelings. I was teased terribly in seventh grade due to a perm gone bad and the boy jeans my mother bought on sale at Sears, which she forced me to wear to school, so I understood what it felt like to be the outcast. I wouldn't have minded dancing two or even three dances with Dallas, but he wasn't capable of restraint. He had to have every slow dance. There were other boys with whom I wanted to dance. I really was trying to spare his feelings in my own, probably misguided, way.

Clever lyrics, Coggins.

KA
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Blixa wrote:Speaking of The Stand, I never drive through the Queens-Midtown tunnel without thinking about it...

Just a shot in the dark.....but is that the scene with Larry Underwood of "Baby Dig Your Man" fame?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Bond...James Bond wrote:

Just a shot in the dark.....but is that the scene with Larry Underwood of "Baby Dig Your Man" fame?

I havent heard that (fictional) song title in a while!

Thanks for the reminisce Bond
Lost in time