HELP! Can anyone locate my favorite song for me?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Gazelam wrote:
I've been hanging out at the beach and haven't kept track of the board for a while.

Doesent your frosting melt in the sun?

No, my frosting doesn't melt in the sun! I keep it fresh and delicious by cooling it in the water periodically. My skin is another matter entirely. It's turning dark and loathesome.

KA
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Does the song sound better when you're in the dark with a strobe light and a pacifier in your mouth?

Just kidding, we all have our guilty pleasures. Mines Sinead O'Connors first album.

Troy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-kd5QO8fyE
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Thanks to SilentKid, Mr. Coffee, and EVERYONE who has "feelers" out or who is otherwise attempting to help me on my quest.

CupCake Queen, THANK YOU!! OMG, YES, THAT'S IT!! You're a lifesaver! (Although I'd still like to find a place where I can download it, of course)

To nitpick a little, there's a slightly superior version--the "Brisk Mix"--that you can listen to on YouTube here (which I never would've found had it not been for KimberlyAnn). The problem is, it was imported from Dance Dance Revolution and is therefore less than half the length of what you'd hear on www.di.fm. But the portion you do hear is indeed from my favorite song/mix.

KimberlyAnn wrote:OK, Dr. Shades, first of all, since you're the one usually giving the spelling lessons, I feel obligated to point out that it's "Love, Life and Happiness". :P

Actually, if you go to the di.fm message board I linked to above, you'll see that on the streaming audio site it is, indeed, billed as "Love, Life, & Happyness." Besides, the day I misspell a word as easy as "happiness" is the day I put a bullet into my own brain.

Second, I just now listened to that song on YouTube. I don't like it at all. Your musical taste baffles me. You like the wrong Def Leppard album and now I find out you like girly techno pop? Hmmm...

What can I say. . . "girly techno pop" is, hands-down, the best music out there.

skippy the dead wrote:Shades - do you use a bit torrent client?

No, since I have no idea what a "bit torrent client" even is.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Dr. Shades wrote:Thanks to SilentKid, Mr. Coffee, and EVERYONE who has "feelers" out or who is otherwise attempting to help me on my quest.

CupCake Queen, THANK YOU!! OMG, YES, THAT'S IT!! You're a lifesaver! (Although I'd still like to find a place where I can download it, of course)

To nitpick a little, there's a slightly superior version--the "Brisk Mix"--that you can listen to on YouTube here (which I never would've found had it not been for KimberlyAnn). The problem is, it was imported from Dance Dance Revolution and is therefore less than half the length of what you'd hear on www.di.fm. But the portion you do hear is indeed from my favorite song/mix.

KimberlyAnn wrote:OK, Dr. Shades, first of all, since you're the one usually giving the spelling lessons, I feel obligated to point out that it's "Love, Life and Happiness". :P

Actually, if you go to the di.fm message board I linked to above, you'll see that on the streaming audio site it is, indeed, billed as "Love, Life, & Happyness." Besides, the day I misspell a word as easy as "happiness" is the day I put a bullet into my own brain.

Second, I just now listened to that song on YouTube. I don't like it at all. Your musical taste baffles me. You like the wrong Def Leppard album and now I find out you like girly techno pop? Hmmm...

What can I say. . . "girly techno pop" is, hands-down, the best music out there.

Dr. Shades, there are people on this board who have trouble spelling easy words such as happiness. If they all felt like you, you'd be talking to yourself for the most part. Spelling snob. :P

Really, saying you'd put a bullet into your own brain is awful. Don't say such things. Especially over spelling. Sorry, I'm a mother; I feel compelled to chastise you for such silliness.

You're welcome for the link. I wish I knew of a place where you could download it.

KA
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

Dr. Shades wrote:

It's a method used to download various file types, that uses a network of people all uploading and downloading the file simultaneously in order to speed up the file transfer and increase reliability. Of course, using a bit torrent client is perfectly legal - what you download may be subject to copyright laws (and with that disclaimer, the lawyer in me is satisfied). I have been known to employ a bit torrent client to download things that I may not otherwise be able to find through more conventional channels. I found your song in a much larger torrent (the official name of a file to be transferred) containing a number of other songs - it's possible to just download that one song if you have the right tools.

If you feel like being adventurous, I can try to help you out with the tools and instructions.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)