It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Our country is in crisis mode
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:02 am 
God

Now.

Trump is an aberration. We do have an imbecile in the White House unable to govern.

If it's Mattis, Tillerson, and John Kelly standing between him and chaos, we are in deep doo doo.

Why wait to tackle him when he goes for the nuclear codes?

Why not do it before that happens?

Our country had more plans in place to remove Fidel Castro during the Bay of Pigs that were viable.

Surely there are more options now than were then ....

Post subject: Re: Our country is in crisis mode
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:37 am 
Founder & Visionary

So, what do you suggest?

--Philo Soffee, 11-30-2017

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:49 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
So, what do you suggest?

Run for the hills. (jkz)

I don't really know. All the news channels are talking about it, but talk is cheap.

Politicians are waiting for the other shoe to drop before they'll do anything, like an all out nuclear war.

That seems ludicrous to me. We all acknowledge the emperor "has no clothes." Yet where is the leadership to do something about it?

It isn't there. We are in a leadership vacuum right now, with a madman for a president.

And that is downright scary.

The details will be relived in the history books for another day. As to what not to do so it doesn't repeat itself.

But it's not too late to act now before it is too late. If there's to be a country for future generations to look forward to.

Inertia is not on our side.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:55 am 
God

AmyJo, I think your anxious state of mind is really exacerbated by not knowing how to react in any other way than calling attention to the crisis. Don't get me wrong, writing is good and can help you collect and gather your thoughts. Donald Trump is the President. He can push the button, he can make the call, but other people execute his orders. Is is a horrible thing that we have a President requiring 24 hour babysitting. But much of the government is staffed by people who are loyal to the Constitution and not Donald Trump.

Other than the Cuban Missile Crisis, this is the scariest time I have lived through. The Cuban Missile Crisis was over in less than two weeks. No one is building bomb shelters in their back yards, but there is a stress that comes from living with the certainty that your President is not the guy you want with his hand on the button. You and I (and a majority of Americans) feel that this man's character represents a national and an international threat. But he was elected (with assistance) and we are stuck with the results of that election. We have House, Senate and DOJ investigations. We have the 25th Amendment. We have men who are serving in the White House with the idea of serving the Constitution.

The two most frightening things about Donald Trump are:

1. He is the President of the United States.
  2. The people of the United States elected him to that office.

I don't think the American People have ever had a man more poorly equipped to lead the nation in the White House. The frightening thing for me about Donald Trump is not merely Donald Trump, it is the collective wisdom of the American People. I know Clinton won the popular vote. I know that there were Wikileaks, tweets and Facebook posting by the Russian Government. Even with all that, I am still amazed and disheartened at how many votes the man received. There is a nihilistic side to the Bannon/Tea Party/Alt-Right that says 'blow is all up'. The most discouraging thing is how many Americans hate their own government without understanding how it works. (Remember the Tea Party Sign: "Government: Hands off my Medicare"?)

Fear can be faith in a negative outcome. If you see the floodwaters rising, don't run around in circles. Start grabbing sandbags. Take that worry and anxiety and put it to use for something good.

- Maxine (Ajax) Waters
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
Strange Fruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 pm 
God

Very few things scare me in life. However having this very foolish moron one Tweet away from Nuclear Armageddon is one of them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:58 pm 
God

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:22 pm 
God

The Electoral College was originally instituted mainly to stop men like Trump from becoming President. Unfortunately, the Electoral college ended up backfiring during the 2016 Presidential election. Now most of us Americans are stuck with a maniac as President that most of us did not want.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:32 pm 
Holy Ghost

AmyJo wrote:
Now.

Trump is an aberration. We do have an imbecile in the White House unable to govern.

If it's Mattis, Tillerson, and John Kelly standing between him and chaos, we are in deep doo doo.

Why wait to tackle him when he goes for the nuclear codes?

Why not do it before that happens?

Our country had more plans in place to remove Fidel Castro during the Bay of Pigs that were viable.

Surely there are more options now than were then ....

How has your life been negatively affected since Trump was elected? Financially, constitutionally, educationally ...... really, spell it out specifically you whiner without substance!

Are you one of those left over crybabies from the Clinton camp or just one of those who never really had any camp worth pursuing in the first place? Much like EAllusion and Kevin Graham? They spend all their life behind a keyboard/screen as well! Misery loves company!!!

Cry me a river!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:35 pm 
God

Brackite wrote:
The Electoral College was originally instituted mainly to stop men like Trump from becoming President. Unfortunately, the Electoral college ended up backfiring during the 2016 Presidential election. Now most of us Americans are stuck with a maniac as President that most of us did not want.

I dunno. AmyJo seems to perfectly capture the American zeitgeist right now.

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand. eta: He's permablocked for his pro-pedophilia comments.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:52 pm 
God

Most people had no idea that Trump the candidate would fail to sober up and act responsibly as President. I think they assumed that what they saw in the election would turn to a more dignified Presidential demeanor once Trump was in office. Instead, they got an irate Bumbler-in-Chief.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:54 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:47 pm 
God

Brackite wrote:

Well, this post is stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 pm 
God

moksha wrote:
Most people had no idea that Trump the candidate would fail to sober up and act responsibly as President. I think they assumed that what they saw in the election would turn to a more dignified Presidential demeanor once Trump was in office. Instead, they got an irate Bumbler-in-Chief.

Read another way: Bomber-in-Chief.

No matter who surrounds Trump, he is the goon who has access, not them. Which is why Mattis and Kelly were overheard discussing the "Tackle Him first" option before the idiot goes there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:27 pm 
God

Kelly doesn't seem to be in crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejE-niSpx_U

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

John Kelly is what's keeping sanity in the White House at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 pm 
God

Brackite wrote:

That's for sure. Our founding fathers never imagined or foresaw our country would be reduced to a circus clown for a president.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:14 pm 
God

The CCC wrote:
Very few things scare me in life. However having this very foolish moron one Tweet away from Nuclear Armageddon is one of them.

This is how I've felt since before he took office.

It's not something we've ever experienced before as a nation. It's astonishing really we're even discussing the president as a ticking time bomb.

I wish he'd go/resign/get impeached/whatever so we can all sleep better at night.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:18 pm 
God

subgenius wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:20 pm 
God

Bach wrote:

How has your life been negatively affected since Trump was elected? Financially, constitutionally, educationally ...... really, spell it out specifically you whiner without substance!

Are you one of those left over crybabies from the Clinton camp or just one of those who never really had any camp worth pursuing in the first place? Much like EAllusion and Kevin Graham? They spend all their life behind a keyboard/screen as well! Misery loves company!!!

Cry me a river!

Empathy is the ability to feel the pain of someone other than oneself.

How typical, if it doesn't affect Bach personally it affects no one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:40 am 
God

AmyJo wrote:
This is how I've felt since before he took office.

then grow up
AmyJo wrote:
It's not something we've ever experienced before as a nation.

how I've felt since before he took office =/= not something we've ever experienced before as a nation
AmyJo wrote:
It's astonishing really we're even discussing the president as a ticking time bomb.

"We" aren't. Its really just you and few other shut-ins that suffer from butt-hurt and an inability to behave like mature citizens.
AmyJo wrote:
I wish he'd go/resign/get impeached/whatever so we can all sleep better at night.

"we" sleep just fine. Your freak-out is a vast minority, not a majority.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:58 am 
God

AmyJo wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

John Kelly is what's keeping sanity in the White House at the moment.

I don't believe that for a single second.

Did you take time to listen to him field questions at the White House press conference I linked to above? He mentioned the sources that the media is using and the inaccurate reports that he sees. He's not a hysterical person. He's straightforward and his press conference is worth listening to.

I, like you and everyone else, read the media reports every day. I cross check the information and weigh it against what comes directly from the horses mouth, in this case Kelly.

I recommend listening to him field the questions that he did. He's very matter of fact and straight forward.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh