It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cracks and Crackers in Charlottesville
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:53 pm 
God

E Pluribus Unum seems to be fading from our national consciousness. The largest alt-right/white-supremacist rally in modern history was occasioned by a car ramming into a crowd of counter-protestors.
Some of the violence in this country is reminding me of the early days of the civil rights movement, by which I mean a time when white supremacists still felt they had a legitimate claim to mainstream American politics.

- Maxine (Ajax) Waters
"History is a process of rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
Strange Fruit

Post subject: Re: Cracks and Crackers in Charlottesville
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:35 pm 
1st Quorum of Seventy

Where were you when:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eXcLuIq23tw

And what did you say?

...and what was the agenda of the driver of the car today?

Can't stand white surpremecists!! Can't stand, with equal disgust, the double standard demonstrated today with the media and liberals with their memories!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:46 pm 
God

More fake news from bach.

Go ahead, try to distance this group from Republicans. Their purpose was to 'unite the Right.'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:55 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:

Go ahead, try to distance this group from Republicans. Their purpose was to 'unite the Right.'

So, you're cool with the Communists marching today?

- Doc

In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:38 pm 
God

that was probably a Trump supporter, I hope the media points that out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:44 pm 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
that was probably a Trump supporter, I hope the media points that out.

Well, it's a Dodge Challenger with a spoiler on the rear deck. I doubt if they tore off their Hillary sticker before barreling into the crowd.

- Maxine (Ajax) Waters
- Will Durant
Strange Fruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:01 pm 
God

These white supremacists know they have the alt-right support of Steve Bannon and Donald Trump.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:06 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:

I was going to bump the thread that had the right-wing fantasy video you pulled from a family member's facebook page involving running over protesters. Now that our search engine sucks, I couldn't find it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:10 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:

So, you're cool with the Communists marching today?

- Doc

The Republican president of the United States was highly equivocal in offering a non-condemnation of Nazi terrorism. That's more closely tied to Republicans than a communist march would be for, say, a random liberal on a message board.

More than that, though, right-wing discourse is filled with wish-fulfillment memes of running over left-wing protesters with cars. If you're tapped into a red-state information feed, you've almost certainly seen it more than once. More than one Republican legislature tried to pass a law recently seemingly making running over protesters blocking traffic legal. I haven't seen much news today, but hopefully some of the coverage is pointing this out. As a right-wing fantasy that developed in response to the BLM protests, it's *not* a fringe thing.

I don't think you can stereotype a conservative or Republican as someone who would support something like this, but at the same time you can't ignore a large, hateful culture swirling around this awful act that has some tacit support within Republican power.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:30 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
I was going to bump the thread that had the right-wing fantasy video you pulled from a family member's facebook page involving running over protesters. Now that our search engine sucks, I couldn't find it.

I vaguely remember that. But yeah, that'd be awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:31 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:
EAllusion wrote:

I vaguely remember that. But yeah, that'd be awesome.

It was an involved thread. The problem is that our board search engine now only goes back into the very recent past. I tried google's, but that's always a sketchy proposition.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:50 pm 
God

James Alex Fields Jr. is the man responsible for the murder today.

A registered Republican (surprise!).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:20 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
I don't think you can stereotype a conservative or Republican as someone who would support something like this, but at the same time you can't ignore a large, hateful culture swirling around this awful act that has some tacit support within Republican power.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen happen in our country. We literally have people not only supporting a Confederate General but are openly supportive of Nazism. Literally two out of the four things that were existential threats to our country and we have 5th columnist traitors now openly advocating ideals that are at odds with everything we stand for in America. If these people aren't traitors to the men and women who died to preserve our union and democracy I don't know what is.

However, on the flip side of the extremism coin you have Communists, which I'd argue constitute the 3rd out of 4 'things' that presented an existential threat to our country, marching with 'antifa', anarchists, BLM types, and a coalition of other Leftists that frankly worry me because they're not very supportive of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Of course they would say they're advocates of equality, but I just don't believe it because they're willing to suspend our freedoms to advance their agenda. They're pretty bad, tbh.

All we need now is for British royalists to show up to make this party complete.

- Doc

In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 pm 
God

The claim of the John Birch Society(what today would be called the Alt-Right) was and is that blacks are Communists or their dupes, including President Eisenhower.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:01 am 
God

CCC,

There were literally Communists marching yesterday. Thw WWP and others were marching openly and under their own banners. Why do you say just say things?

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:35 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:

Don't get me wrong. I think it's one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen happen in our country. We literally have people not only supporting a Confederate General but are openly supportive of Nazism. Literally two out of the four things that were existential threats to our country and we have 5th columnist traitors now openly advocating ideals that are at odds with everything we stand for in America. If these people aren't traitors to the men and women who died to preserve our union and democracy I don't know what is.

However, on the flip side of the extremism coin you have Communists, which I'd argue constitute the 3rd out of 4 'things' that presented an existential threat to our country, marching with 'antifa', anarchists, BLM types, and a coalition of other Leftists that frankly worry me because they're not very supportive of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Of course they would say they're advocates of equality, but I just don't believe it because they're willing to suspend our freedoms to advance their agenda. They're pretty bad, tbh.

All we need now is for British royalists to show up to make this party complete.

- Doc

What you're seeing is the canary in the coal mine. This is the way a society fragments. You are correct. Many of the people protesting have given up on democracy. This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately. When do people give up on democracy? I think they give up when they feel the collective wisdom offered by democracy is an existential threat. When the other side is not the loyal opposition but the enemy. That is the ultimate outcome of increasing polarization in our society.

Abraham Lincoln wrote:
We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

Donald Trump wrote:
It’s been going on for a long time in our country. It’s not Donald Trump, it’s not Barack Obama.

Lincoln's words, no matter how eloquent, did not prevent the Civil War. Our situation is different today. There is no Mason-Dixon line. Many states would have a large free State of Jones, or would be like Bleeding Kansas. There is no practical or impractical geographical dissolution of the Union.

It would be nice if we had a President who truly understood the history of our political fault lines and had some sense of vision to achieve, but Trump does not articulate a way out. He instinctively deflects any potential blame by observing that this has been going on for a long time in our country.

That does not mean there is no way out. It just means our President will not be leading us. Hopefully some of the leadership on both sides of the aisle will recognize of making some statements of unity.

- Maxine (Ajax) Waters
- Will Durant
Strange Fruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:34 am 
God

It shouldn't be a surprise, but the killer is obviously alt-right.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:18 am 
God

No sure which side would Bach, Subgenius and Majax be on if they were at that rally, but my guess is that they would be safe from any vehicular harm.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:09 am 
God

It also turns out the killer had a black friend, therefore this Nazi terrorist cannot harbor racist views per the logic of several posters here. QED.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:46 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
CCC,

There were literally Communists marching yesterday. Thw WWP and others were marching openly and under their own banners. Why do you say just say things?

- Doc

I don't care cares if communists, Nazis, Republicans, Ult-Right, and/or the KKK, simply march. They like every other person in this country has the right to peaceably assemble and march. Using a speeding car to murder and maim is not peaceful.

If a Muslim had been accused of this Drumpf would have been calling for his execution just like he did for the Central. Park five. When his Alt-Right white supporter does it. It is bothsiderism.

The times Drumpf has incited violence at his rallies.

SEE http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump-ra ... sF4HM4Iiqm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:00 am 
God

The CCC wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
CCC,

- Doc

I don't care cares if communists, Nazis, Republicans, Ult-Right, and/or the KKK, simply march. They like every other person in this country has the right to peaceably assemble and march. Using a speeding car to murder and maim is not peaceful.

If a Muslim had been accused of this Drumpf would have been calling for his execution just like he did for the Central. Park five. When his Alt-Right white supporter does it. It is bothsiderism.

The times Drumpf has incited violence at his rallies.

SEE http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump-ra ... sF4HM4Iiqm

Well, they don't agree with you. They incite violence and attack fascists and anyone they consider to be a Conservative:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/na ... cb09800b8b

That's just one example of dozens where groups like them call for violence. BLM, for example, would march down the street chanting "The only good pig is a dead pig." No surprise members of their movement shot and killed cops.

- Doc