The Trinity Explained

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Re: The Trinity Explained

Post by _LittleNipper »

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote: Which only goes to demonstrate that --- “If you don’t stand for something, you’ll be sure to fall for anything.”

I didn't know you were a follower of Hinckley. :lol:

Not quite, I didn't know that you were a UNITARIAN... :wink:
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:I didn't know you were a follower of Hinckley. :lol:

Not quite, I didn't know that you were a UNITARIAN... :wink:

I've attended the First Unitarian Church in SLC before. Nice folks. :cool:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Mittens
_Emeritus

Post by _Mittens »

The Book of Mormon teaches only One God and never suggests any more

Alma 11:

26 And Zeezrom said unto him: Thou sayest there is a true and living God?

27 And Amulek said: Yea, there is a true and living God.

28 Now Zeezrom said: Is there more than one God?

29 And he answered, No.

1 Nephi 13: 41 And they must come according to the words which shall be established by the mouth of the Lamb; and the words of the Lamb shall be made known in the records of thy seed, as well as in the records of the twelve apostles of the Lamb; wherefore they both shall be established in one; for there is one God and one Shepherd over all the earth.

Book of Moses 1:

6 And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for he is full of grace and truth; but there is no God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I know them all.
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

I think the confusion lies in that we can't perceive dimensions beyond what our senses can understand. We are limited in our ability to visualise what the trinity means.

I look at it as Jesus prayed to the father. Jesus and the father have the same goal and their 'souls' if you like are intertwined as one.

Maybe... who knows for sure? All I know is we can not possibly comprehend what is going on out there beyond what can be shared in this life.
Just punched myself on the face...
_iwanttotalk
_Emeritus

Post by _iwanttotalk »

wasn't the trinity in the Book of Mormon the same as normal protestantism. It changed over time
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

The Book of Mormon has a twist of modalism to it. A interesting study is the evolution of the Mormon God...from the Book of Mormon, LoF, BY’s God, to Devine investiture.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Mittens
_Emeritus

Post by _Mittens »

iwanttotalk wrote:wasn't the trinity in the Book of Mormon the same as normal protestantism. It changed over time

The Book of Mormon agrees with the Creeds and Traditional Christianity and completely and contradicts Mormonism
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve