Testimony of Micah Wilder

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Testimony of Micah Wilder

Post by _Maksutov »

huckelberry wrote:
Maksutov wrote:And how many of Paul's letters are forgeries? :cool:

Followers of Paul likely wrote first and second Timothy and Titus. Ephesians and Colossians were possibly written by followers of Paul.

I rest my case. Words of men, pretending to be other men and pretending to knowledge of divine personages and events. It's an old con but it still has takers, doesn't it? :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Maksutov wrote:
huckelberry wrote:Followers of Paul likely wrote first and second Timothy and Titus. Ephesians and Colossians were possibly written by followers of Paul.

I rest my case. Words of men, pretending to be other men and pretending to knowledge of divine personages and events. It's an old con but it still has takers, doesn't it? :wink:

What I see is that Paul established groups to continue the message he understood was given to him. After he died leaders in those groups he established wrote some things in his name. It would appear they thought they were justified to do so and you, Maksutov, do not. Ok but I do not see how that logically changes the value of Pauls letters one way or the other.

Actually one should not be surprised to discover that every one of the portions of the New Testament were written by men using their human mind. That certainly does not mean they are a con but they being a con could be something that one could believe.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Maksutov wrote:Augustine was the wonderful dude who taught that "between urine and feces we are born". Mentally unhealthy, even for the times. Maybe you'd prefer Origen, who cut his junk off for Jesus, or Cyrus, who murdered Hypatia for Jesus.

At some point Augustine made a simple biological observation and you fly to calling him mentally unhealthy. Are you perhaps a bit over sensitive? What is the location of these words and why and in what way does the man make this observation?

Origen realized his mistake. It was youthful extremism. He did do some thoughtful writing later.

Of these three Cyrus would be the one I find least likeable or acceptable. At that time manipulating crowds and mobs was a path to political power. It appears Cyrus wanted that and his manipulation resulted in the disreputable killing.

////

Muksukov, now you bring up the guy with the golden dog house. I guess that is memorable as we have a president who sits on a golden throne (in his bathroom)
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

huckelberry wrote:
Maksutov wrote:Augustine was the wonderful dude who taught that "between urine and feces we are born". Mentally unhealthy, even for the times. Maybe you'd prefer Origen, who cut his junk off for Jesus, or Cyrus, who murdered Hypatia for Jesus.

At some point Augustine made a simple biological observation and you fly to calling him mentally unhealthy. Are you perhaps a bit over sensitive? What is the location of these words and why and in what way does the man make this observation?

Origen realized his mistake. It was youthful extremism. He did do some thoughtful writing later.

Of these three Cyrus would be the one I find least likeable or acceptable. At that time manipulating crowds and mobs was a path to political power. It appears Cyrus wanted that and his manipulation resulted in the disreputable killing.

////

Muksukov, now you bring up the guy with the golden dog house. I guess that is memorable as we have a president who sits on a golden throne (in his bathroom)

He's also a great fan of faith and the Bible, I'm told. :lol:
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Maksutov wrote:

He buggers both. The image of Cyrus is a bit faint but there is a possible similarity.
All kinds find a use for the Bible, even antichrist.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

huckelberry wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

He buggers both. The image of Cyrus is a bit faint but there is a possible similarity.
All kinds find a use for the Bible, even antichrist.

Hmm. Looks like you're on the wrong side of this one.

https://www.thetrumpprophecymovie.com/about

What if you heard a Voice, different from your thinking voice, a Powerful Voice talking to you in the second person inside your head? Giving you details you’d never imagined about one of the most important events in the world? Would you listen? More importantly, if you’re a Christian, and live your life in accordance with your understanding of His will and purpose, what would it take to convince you that God had spoken to you?

Mark Taylor, a recently retired fireman; had this experience. Around 2 a.m. on the night of April 28, 2011, and unable to sleep he was channel surfing when he clicked on C-Span. The man on the screen was Donald Trump, and Mark had the premonition that he heard God say “You are hearing the voice of the next President.” Little did Mark know several dozen video recordings of others documented that they also got the same message and were equally convinced it came from God.

Yep. Not only is Trump the Second Coming of Nixon, he's also the Second Coming of Christ. :lol:
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Well the voice said to me, but I cannot be sure it was other than an echo ,

Joel2 "Blow the trumpet in Zion ,sound the alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming , it is near, a day of darkness and gloom ......Yet even now says the Lord return to me with all hour heart, ... rend your heart and not your clothing."

May our country learn better ways from this punishment from the Lord. We have been sent an affliction which mirrors the dark parts of our hearts.