THREE TESTS THE Book of Mormon CANNOT PASS

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: THREE TESTS THE Book of Mormon CANNOT PASS

Post by _Maksutov »

"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Post by _spotlight »

LittleNipper wrote:Either one believes in GOD or one doesn't. If one believes in GOD then GOD created. Creation involves the supernatural to one degree or another. If your aim is to find a natural explanation for everything then the god of such a mindset is TIME. Time becomes the excuse that evolutionists toss at Creationists. I well remember that long dead TV orator Carl Sagan line, "Billions and billions of years ago..." Sounds educated but in fact it is a waste of time...

The existence of god and the supernatural does not eliminate the contradictions Nipper. If I'm wrong here explain how I am wrong in particular with respect to the permafrost.
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

spotlight wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:Either one believes in GOD or one doesn't. If one believes in GOD then GOD created. Creation involves the supernatural to one degree or another. If your aim is to find a natural explanation for everything then the god of such a mindset is TIME. Time becomes the excuse that evolutionists toss at Creationists. I well remember that long dead TV orator Carl Sagan line, "Billions and billions of years ago..." Sounds educated but in fact it is a waste of time...

The existence of god and the supernatural does not eliminate the contradictions Nipper. If I'm wrong here explain how I am wrong in particular with respect to the permafrost.
You don't believe the Flood occurred.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

If only we could stuff science back into the bottle and return to the Dark Ages. People were true believers back then and instinctively knew to not walk under ladders lest a dragon would eat them. Nothing wrong with a Saint burying herself up to the waist for the summer in a nice garden back in the Dark Ages, but now? Noooo! Science would ruin it.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Post by _spotlight »

LittleNipper wrote: You don't believe the Flood occurred.

Yes, true enough. But that is because of the data. You are doing what I did early on in my life. I assumed that the data was just sort of a vague collection that was possible to interpret in two different ways depending upon the starting assumptions but that is not the case. If it were the case then the first geologists that began looking into this would have never changed their view that they began with. They were all flood geologists at first. They were forced to abandon that viewpoint because of the data.
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

spotlight wrote:
LittleNipper wrote: You don't believe the Flood occurred.

Yes, true enough. But that is because of the data. You are doing what I did early on in my life. I assumed that the data was just sort of a vague collection that was possible to interpret in two different ways depending upon the starting assumptions but that is not the case. If it were the case then the first geologists that began looking into this would have never changed their view that they began with. They were all flood geologists at first. They were forced to abandon that viewpoint because of the data.

The data all points to catastrophic events that just happen to occurred across the globe. You simply do not wish to accept the reality that they all are primarily one and the same event that lasted a year.
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Post by _spotlight »

LittleNipper wrote:The data all points to catastrophic events that just happen to occurred across the globe. You simply do not wish to accept the reality that they all are primarily one and the same event that lasted a year.

You don't know me Nipper. I almost had a mental breakdown trying to hold onto young earth creationism in contradiction to the facts. I wanted young earth creationism to be true. I spent my college education on that hope in an attempt to show where old earth ideas were wrong. So you are completely wrong here as you are in general. I would have loved for it to have proven to be the case that the evidence pointed to a young earth. But continue to tell yourself whatever story you need to in order to hold your fantasy together.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

spotlight wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:The data all points to catastrophic events that just happen to occurred across the globe. You simply do not wish to accept the reality that they all are primarily one and the same event that lasted a year.

You don't know me Nipper. I almost had a mental breakdown trying to hold onto young earth creationism in contradiction to the facts. I wanted young earth creationism to be true. I spent my college education on that hope in an attempt to show where old earth ideas were wrong. So you are completely wrong here as you are in general. I would have loved for it to have proven to be the case that the evidence pointed to a young earth. But continue to tell yourself whatever story you need to in order to hold your fantasy together.

Don't try so hard. The old world ideas are being undermined slowly as we get closer and closer the Catching Away. Once that happens one will either believe that aliens did it (total denial of GOD), that GOD selectively punished a select group of people (denial of Christianity), or they will finally understand and will be faced with very hard choices that may involve even torture and death by the Antichrist and or receiving the mark of the BEAST.

Creationists have been working very heard but slowly. They are true to the Bible and do try to develop theories that are not contrary to the word of GOD. Evolutionists, unfortunately, have about a 2 hundred year lead and "highbrow" notoriety for as long. On top of that is the reality that all government funding and public educational influence has been under 100% secular control since 1963. Such an environment would make anyone nuts who is trying to accomplish the opposite on their own.
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Post by _spotlight »

LittleNipper wrote:
Don't try so hard. The old world ideas are being undermined slowly as we get closer and closer the Catching Away. Once that happens one will either believe that aliens did it (total denial of GOD), that GOD selectively punished a select group of people (denial of Christianity), or they will finally understand and will be faced with very hard choices that may involve even torture and death by the Antichrist and or receiving the mark of the BEAST.

Creationists have been working very heard but slowly. They are true to the Bible and do try to develop theories that are not contrary to the word of GOD. Evolutionists, unfortunately, have about a 2 hundred year lead and "highbrow" notoriety for as long. On top of that is the reality that all government funding and public educational influence has been under 100% secular control since 1963. Such an environment would make anyone nuts who is trying to accomplish the opposite on their own.

In other words the conspiracy theory you advance about science having an agenda really is the case with creationists. :wink:
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

spotlight wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

In other words the conspiracy theory you advance about science having an agenda really is the case with creationists. :wink:

Show me the evolutionist who doesn't have any regard for evolution before he begins his research, or the archaeologist who doesn't know he's looking for Troy before he seeks after it, And I'll show you people without goals.