Mormon as a "Devil Word"

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Mormon as a "Devil Word"

Post by _moksha »

I may not agree with President Nelson that Mormon is a "Devil word", but I accept his right to declare it to be such. Members are going to need to restock their library shelves with books devoid of the word Mormon. Not sure what they will rename their main book.

It would be interesting to do the Salem Witch trial dunking test to see if the Book of Mormon, Mormon Doctrine, and the complete works of Dr. Daniel C. Peterson were heavier than a duck.

So, what are your opinions on this new "Devil word"?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon as a "Devil Word"

Post by _I have a question »

I think it's useful, in demonstrating Nelsons point, to transpose the word Mormon in current common usages, with Satan.

Mormonism - Satanism
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Satans Tabernacle Choir
Meet The Mormons - Meet The Satanists
The Book of Mormon...well, you get the point

The man is suffering from stark raving megalomania and incurable buffoonery.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Didn’t you guys hear?
It’s now COJ COLDS

To spell it out... COJ = Cup of Joe
And no hot drinks - must be COLD-s
The little s is just to remember you are a little saint - when you magnify the word of wisdom by not only avoiding HOT drinks - but ensuring they are COLD as ice, willing to sacrifice.

_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Mormon spelled backwards is Nomron and Nomron is pretty close to Nimrod (using Nhm = Nahom logic). Nimrod was associated with that great deception perpetrated by Satan himself at Babel (at least according to this very reliable christian apologetic site http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/nimrodandbabel.html). So, there you have it. Mormon = Satan and therefore a "Devil Word."
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Joseph Smith was involved with the Masons. They decorate their "temples " with pentagrams. They work hard to devalue Christianity...https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sea ... ty_weather

It is obvious that Mormons are unknowingly (it is hoped ) involved in a cult They distort who GOD is, and they limit the atoning power of Jesus Christ...
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

LittleNipper wrote:They decorate their "temples " with pentagrams.

While not used as Christian symbols, since when did pentagrams or carvings of the Masonic handshake become anti-Christian?

Masons might observe the stop sign, but so do Evangelicals (except in certain parts of Alabama).
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

moksha wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:They decorate their "temples " with pentagrams.

While not used as Christian symbols, since when did pentagrams or carvings of the Masonic handshake become anti-Christian?

Masons might observe the stop sign, but so do Evangelicals (except in certain parts of Alabama).
Since they are founded on and accredited to Satanic worship they become anti-Christ. Satan wants to discredit, undermine ans destroy Christianity anyway he can. He hates Christ.
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Maybe... the real revelation is that our church is from Jamaica-man!
It all began when a man asked another man for more cup of joe - but for some reason said COJ, and then said, “More - man.” When it was given to him cold, he naturally assumed this “Mor-man” was tied to the COJ-colds. I see you with your weird expression-man. It all was a test from the source - God’s Jamaican!

Redemption song https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WsnEh8LY83Y#action=share
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Amore wrote:Maybe... the real revelation is that our church is from Jamaica-man!
It all began when a man asked another man for more cup of joe - but for some reason said COJ, and then said, “More - man.” When it was given to him cold, he naturally assumed this “Mor-man” was tied to the COJ-colds. I see you with your weird expression-man. It all was a test from the source - God’s Jamaican!

Redemption song https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WsnEh8LY83Y#action=share

I think you’ve got it.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

:)