Respecting Religious Beliefs and Requests

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Respecting Religious Beliefs and Requests

Post by _moksha »

We have been asked to refrain from using the words Mormon and LDS by President Nelson. The new word which we are supposed to use in place of Mormon to honor the request of President Nelson is Cojcolds.

The new Mormon name Cojcolds is pronounced "codge colds". It is quite a mouth full but it is respecting the wishes of the former Mormon Church.

Hope all you ex-Cojcolds are able to comply without too much difficulty.

--- You can continue to use Pastafarians since the Flying Spaghetti Monster has made no similar requests, despite the hollow boasts of that lout Rigatoni ---
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_DrW
_Emeritus

Re: Respecting Religious Beliefs and Requests

Post by _DrW »

As a point of general interest, we Pastafarians (analogous to the now disfavored term Mormons) remain free to use FSM (analogous to Cojcolds' now disfavored term LDS). We also have no issues with The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

In fact, Pastafarians are free to do pretty much whatever they feel appropriate (in general accordance with the Golden Rule) without perceived disrespect, insult, or sin against His Noodley Goodness.

Best of all, we Pastafarians can simply forget about religion for extended periods of time and still be warmly welcomed should we elect to sit down to a delicious spaghetti feast with fellow Pirates.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

DrW wrote:As a point of general interest, we Pastafarians (analogous to the now disfavored term Mormons) remain free to use FSM (analogous to Cojcolds' now disfavored term LDS). We also have no issues with The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

In fact, Pastafarians are free to do pretty much whatever they feel appropriate (in general accordance with the Golden Rule) without perceived disrespect, insult, or sin against His Noodley Goodness.

Best of all, we Pastafarians can simply forget about religion for extended periods of time and still be warmly welcomed should we elect to sit down to a delicious spaghetti feast with fellow Pirates.

Ramen, DrW!
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

moksha wrote:We have been asked to refrain from using the words Mormon and LDS by President Nelson. The new word which we are supposed to use in place of Mormon to honor the request of President Nelson is Cojcolds.

The new Mormon name Cojcolds is pronounced "codge colds". It is quite a mouth full but it is respecting the wishes of the former Mormon Church.

Hope all you ex-Cojcolds are able to comply without too much difficulty.

--- You can continue to use Pastafarians since the Flying Spaghetti Monster has made no similar requests, despite the hollow boasts of that lout Rigatoni ---

:lol:
Ok, thanks for the important revelation. (I coulda had a V-8!) I do have a question, Brother Moksha. What is a coj and will you bare your testimony about why it must be colds?

Just after I asked you that question, I happened to find this - must be revelation!!!!

So, now I propose that next Sunday’s opening hymn be https://youtu.be/QrY9eHkXTa4 ... By the raise of the right toe everyone manifest... any opposable toes? It’s unanimous!!!!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Be thankful that the Church of Ziontology (Ziontologists) was not chosen to replace Mormon Church (Mormons).

Why? Just COZ.
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

moksha wrote:Be thankful that the Church of Ziontology (Ziontologists) was not chosen to replace Mormon Church (Mormons).

Why? Just COZ.

:)
Moksha, I hate to break it to you, but “what’s in a name”?

I just heard preaching in Sacrament meeting that reflected zionist ideologies... https://rense.com//general60/zcre.htm
_mikegriffith1
_Emeritus

Post by _mikegriffith1 »

I am surprised that this thread was deemed appropriate for the celestial forum.
Mike Griffith
LDS Information Web Page
http://ldsinfo.miketgriffith.com/
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

mikegriffith1 wrote:I am surprised that this thread was deemed appropriate for the celestial forum.

Why?
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Here, Mike.

It's Nice Day. Put on your Nice Clothes and go down to the Nice Place. Sit there with the Nice People and sing Nice Songs. Think Nice Thoughts. Hear a Nice Talk. Have some Nice Prayers. Go home and enjoy your Nice Feeling.

Isn't it Nice?
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Remember:
"CTHULHU SAVES... in case he gets hungry later!"

The golden rule is not just the decor plan of Trump's apartment.