What is Exaltation ?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Re: What is Exaltation ?

Post by _Meadowchik »

Nightlion wrote:
You condemn yourself with your own logic. Having experience with God is not speaking for him. It is simply telling the truth.

You've crossed that line many times here, NL. I won't do it, personally I find that claiming expertise about others' relationship to God is irreverent. That's my experience, and I hold myself to that standard and expect the same reverence of others who would share their experiences of the Divine.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Here is an example of the process of exaltation:

During November of this year, Charles M. Manson will be eligible to have his Temple Work done at either the Manti or the Logan Temples following the one-year wait policy. He is tentatively scheduled to be sealed to Sister L. Squeaky Fromme. His sponsor will be President Theodore R. Bundy of the West Haven Paradise Mission. Upon arrival at the West Haven Paradise Mission, Elder Manson will be given a patriarchal blessing by Mission Patriarch, Grigori Y. Rasputin. It is expected that he will join the spiritual promotions law firm of DeSade McConkie.

Hope that helps.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

moksha wrote:Here is an example of the process of exaltation:

During November of this year, Charles M. Manson will be eligible to have his Temple Work done at either the Manti or the Logan Temples following the one-year wait policy. He is tentatively scheduled to be sealed to Sister L. Squeaky Fromme. His sponsor will be President Theodore R. Bundy of the West Haven Paradise Mission. Upon arrival at the West Haven Paradise Mission, Elder Manson will be given a patriarchal blessing by Mission Patriarch, Grigori Y. Rasputin. It is expected that he will join the spiritual promotions law firm of DeSade McConkie.

Hope that helps.

Meanwhile, folks like Tom Phillips and William Law are on their way to Outer Darkness because their integrity compelled them to leave the church.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

So the advantage I see in having moved past belief is how easy it is to see the silly nature of many of the concepts in Mormonism. I can actually enjoy a conference talk now because I see it in a completely different light. (I said "a talk", more than that puts me right to sleep). What you are seeing at conference is nothing more than a highly produced sales pitch. As you listen to a talk, phrases like "exaltation" just jump right out at you, because no one really knows what that means, but hey it makes things sound really important.

Consider the recent efforts by Durrant and Cook to coin new important sounding phrases, like "ponderize" and "non-consensual morality". These are just misguided attempts to add more words to the LDS lexicon of words that don't mean anything but sound really important. They should be commended for their efforts, because in the end what this conference is all about is giving the masses new vague concepts that they can spend the next year discussing.

In Mormonism what "exaltation" really means is our God loves us more than your God.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."