It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:46 pm 
Nursery

Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:26 pm
Posts: 7
And, can it be lost? If so, how?

From Wikipedia...

Quote:
Exaltation or Eternal Life is a belief among members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that mankind can return to live in God's presence and continue as families. Exaltation is believed to be what God desires for all humankind. The Church teaches that through exaltation believers may become joint-heirs with Jesus Christ as stated in Romans 8:12 and Revelation 21:7. The objective of adherents is to strive for purity and righteousness and to become one with Jesus as Jesus is one with the Father. A verse in the canonized scripture, Doctrine and Covenants, states that those who are exalted will become gods, and a 1925 statement from the church's highest governing body said that "All men and women are in the similitude of the universal Father and Mother... capable, by experience through ages and aeons, of evolving into a God."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:19 pm 
Nursery

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:39 pm
Posts: 23
Well, since it is a made-up concept, you can say it is whatever you want it to be.

Just sayin'...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:04 pm 
Bishop

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:45 pm
Posts: 487
slskipper wrote:
Well, since it is a made-up concept, you can say it is whatever you want it to be.

Just sayin''...


touché


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:10 am 
God

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:00 pm
Posts: 1030
slskipper wrote:
Well, since it is a made-up concept, you can say it is whatever you want it to be.

Just sayin''...


Sure, but if you want to keep church standing, you cannot veer off the party line too loud or persistently.

I used to be able to get on board with the concept of eternal baby-making, but then again I'd also let myself imagine that there'd be enough time to zoom around the universe, watch "movies" of the history of all time, and get to know the celestial version of all the people I loved and hated who end up there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:42 am 
World's Top Zion Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 9843
Location: North Side of The Apocalrock
Actually exaltation is found in the first chapter of the Book of Genesis. Reading it with the Restoration Eye we see that God created man in his 'likeness and image' meaning in his glory as well as his image. But these were male and female and these two were commanded to multiply and replenish the earth and in the next chapter they had finished all the hosts thereof. And THEN this pair were placed into the physical Garden of Eden and given to assimilate the gross elements of that sphere of existence called 'clay'. And after Adam had assimilated this gross tether that diminished his power of an exalted being trapping him upon this earth the same element was taken from Adam's side to assimilate the same within the woman. And I suppose in a kinder and gentler assimilation of the same tether to keep them in the Garden. Problem was that Eve had no conceptions.....why?.....because she had just finished all of them in the pre-earth commandment to multiply and replenish where they had finished all the hosts thereof. (that would be in the many billions).

The FALL therefore was required so that the woman could have her conceptions multiplied unto her and these then would be physical bodies because of the change already made upon them assimilating the grosser elements of this world.

Bottom line here for the faithless is that Joseph Smith did not make up exaltation. Being God's living prophet who had received the gift and power of the Holy Ghost he expounded truths that had been included from the beginning. Can I get an AMEN?

I forgot to mention that when the man and woman were first 'made' which was actually their resurrection to eternal life, they were ALREADY MARRIED as they were not afterwards given to each other before being commanded to multiply. THERE IS THE BIG CLUE.

_________________
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:11 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 10768
Location: Multiverse
Eternal condescension. :lol:

_________________
You have made this ludicrous assertion about Israelite religion in the New World. Produce one shred of non-faith based evidence to prove it. --Philip Jenkins


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:01 pm 
World's Top Zion Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 9843
Location: North Side of The Apocalrock
Maksutov wrote:
Eternal condescension. :lol:

Which is the greater condescension? Believing too much or believing nothing at all?

_________________
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:06 am 
God

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:00 pm
Posts: 1030
Nightlion wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
Eternal condescension. :lol:

Which is the greater condescension? Believing too much or believing nothing at all?


Strawman.

I believe that if there is a God, God is not expecting me to believe other people speak with God's authority. I would have more reverence for God than that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:32 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:49 am
Posts: 8162
Location: Somewhere between bemused and curious.
In Mormonism, it is the same type of concept as OTIII in Scientology. A feel good made up goal designed to keep the masses obedient.

I challenge any believer to come up with an in depth description of what actually happens in the average day of an exalted being and why such a description isn't any more ridiculous than what Scientology teaches.

What does an exalted being from LDS theology do on day 85 of year 1,542,685,265,862,792,547,963 of his existence that he has not already done billions of times before?

Really, all LDS theology promises for exaltation is the ability to make babies forever. Think about it. We are Elohim's kids. On this earth alone there have been hundreds of billions of His kids, and He has created worlds without numbers. So we are the sons and daughters of some god who has trillions of kids.

That makes us special.

It reminds me of the case of the fertility doctor who used his own sperm to father over 75 kids. How special those kids must feel to know they all share the same dad.

Exaltation is a concept design to milk money and obedience from the gullible.

_________________
"The lives we lead now are not dress rehearsals, they are the only performance we have. Therefore what matters is what we have here, the people we know and and love and the good we can do for the world"
Sean Carroll


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:25 pm 
World's Top Zion Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 9843
Location: North Side of The Apocalrock
Meadowchik wrote:
Nightlion wrote:
Which is the greater condescension? Believing too much or believing nothing at all?


Strawman.

I believe that if there is a God, God is not expecting me to believe other people speak with God's authority. I would have more reverence for God than that.


You condemn yourself with your own logic. Having experience with God is not speaking for him. It is simply telling the truth.

_________________
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:13 pm 
God

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:00 pm
Posts: 1030
Nightlion wrote:

You condemn yourself with your own logic. Having experience with God is not speaking for him. It is simply telling the truth.


You've crossed that line many times here, Nightlion. I won't do it, personally I find that claiming expertise about others' relationship to God is irreverent. That's my experience, and I hold myself to that standard and expect the same reverence of others who would share their experiences of the Divine.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:00 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:42 pm
Posts: 19250
Location: Koloburbia
Here is an example of the process of exaltation:

During November of this year, Charles M. Manson will be eligible to have his Temple Work done at either the Manti or the Logan Temples following the one-year wait policy. He is tentatively scheduled to be sealed to Sister L. Squeaky Fromme. His sponsor will be President Theodore R. Bundy of the West Haven Paradise Mission. Upon arrival at the West Haven Paradise Mission, Elder Manson will be given a patriarchal blessing by Mission Patriarch, Grigori Y. Rasputin. It is expected that he will join the spiritual promotions law firm of DeSade McConkie.

Hope that helps.

_________________
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:49 am 
God

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:00 pm
Posts: 1030
moksha wrote:
Here is an example of the process of exaltation:

During November of this year, Charles M. Manson will be eligible to have his Temple Work done at either the Manti or the Logan Temples following the one-year wait policy. He is tentatively scheduled to be sealed to Sister L. Squeaky Fromme. His sponsor will be President Theodore R. Bundy of the West Haven Paradise Mission. Upon arrival at the West Haven Paradise Mission, Elder Manson will be given a patriarchal blessing by Mission Patriarch, Grigori Y. Rasputin. It is expected that he will join the spiritual promotions law firm of DeSade McConkie.

Hope that helps.

Meanwhile, folks like Tom Phillips and William Law are on their way to Outer Darkness because their integrity compelled them to leave the church.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: What is Exaltation ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:55 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:49 am
Posts: 8162
Location: Somewhere between bemused and curious.
So the advantage I see in having moved past belief is how easy it is to see the silly nature of many of the concepts in Mormonism. I can actually enjoy a conference talk now because I see it in a completely different light. (I said "a talk", more than that puts me right to sleep). What you are seeing at conference is nothing more than a highly produced sales pitch. As you listen to a talk, phrases like "exaltation" just jump right out at you, because no one really knows what that means, but hey it makes things sound really important.

Consider the recent efforts by Durrant and Cook to coin new important sounding phrases, like "ponderize" and "non-consensual morality". These are just misguided attempts to add more words to the LDS lexicon of words that don't mean anything but sound really important. They should be commended for their efforts, because in the end what this conference is all about is giving the masses new vague concepts that they can spend the next year discussing.

In Mormonism what "exaltation" really means is our God loves us more than your God.

_________________
"The lives we lead now are not dress rehearsals, they are the only performance we have. Therefore what matters is what we have here, the people we know and and love and the good we can do for the world"
Sean Carroll


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group