Museum of the Bible opening

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Amore
_Emeritus

Re: Museum of the Bible opening

Post by _Amore »

FenceSitter,

What you wrote implied Creationism being taught in all public schools, which is factually incorrect. You helped me realize there are some relatively few that are pushing to teach Creationism in school, & we probably agree that school is not the place for that.

It’s ironic how you hate anyone telling you what to believe or do, yet you’re telling people they must accept marriage based on sexual distortions that statistically prove to be harmful. Herd mentality - got you too.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Amore wrote:FenceSitter,

What you wrote implied Creationism being taught in all public schools, which is factually incorrect. You helped me realize there are some relatively few that are pushing to teach Creationism in school, & we probably agree that school is not the place for that.

It’s ironic how you hate anyone telling you what to believe or do, yet you’re telling people they must accept marriage based on sexual distortions that statistically prove to be harmful. Herd mentality - got you too.

Here is exactly what I wrote regarding creationism in public schools.

he dangerous parts of these types of claims, is that they spill out into our public education system. That somehow we must give equal time in our schools to nonsense like creationism or intelligent design. These are blatant efforts to paint religious dogma as if it were science. If someone want to teach those things in church, fine, but keep it out of our public schools.

No where does that imply or could be read as "all public schools."

You seem to have problems with reading comprehension, jumping to unsupported conclusions and then accusing people of herd mentality that disagree with you.

I will also note no retraction on your part for calling me a liar when I showed you to be wrong.

It is obvious you have no idea how to follow a train of thought or create a cogent argument.

We're done.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

FenceSitter,

You sure have been displaying a lot of irony - or is it hypocrisy- first about hating anyone telling you what to believe then showing intollerance to people who don’t believe as you do.

Then you put me down and demand an apology for you claiming public schools teach Creationism. You wrote, “That somehow we must give equal time in our schools to nonsense like creationism or intelligent design.” “Our schools” include all our public schools. If you wrote, “some of our public schools” that wouldn’t have been so deceptive. But I am sorry I accused you of lying even though what you wrote was deceptive.