It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Why does The Book of Mormon teach 4th and 5th century Cr
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:26 pm 
God

spotlight wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
You beseech GOD to save you and thank GOD for sending Jesus Christ to pay the penalty you (we all) should have paid in full (eternal separation from GOD). After that GOD will begin to lead you and bring you closer and closer to HIM. I believe GOD will give you a clearer understanding of scripture and through His eyes you will gain discernment that is not based on "feelings" but a foundation of real substance...

What you describe is a process of confirmation bias. Been there done that. It isn't evidence of anything more than man's ability to believe weird stuff.

So anyone who without having up to this point in time any reason or evidence whatsoever to believe there is such a thing as a god must beseech and thank this god? How would one do that exactly at this point in time? Doesn't make any sense. What makes less sense is this god sending people off to suffer eternally for failing to do this with no reason whatsoever to do it - at this point in time.

You ask GOD to reveal HIS reality to you. But that means realizing that God may have send an idiot like me to answer your questions.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:38 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
You ask GOD to reveal HIS reality to you. But that means realizing that God may have send an idiot like me to answer your questions.

There's the rub Nipper. You provide the interpretation for me of a rather mundane fact or occurrence. In other words it's make believe. Make it up. Believe it. Anything else?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:43 am 
God

spotlight wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

There's the rub Nipper. You provide the interpretation for me of a rather mundane fact or occurrence. In other words it's make believe. Make it up. Believe it. Anything else?
So, how did life originate on this planet? Why is there design? Why is there evil? What is good? Why do some people lead seemingly charmed lives and other face constant struggles? I can lead you to the water,; however, it's up to you to take a drink. GOD never said for Christians to beat people over the head with the Gospel. He merely expects Christians to share it. This I have done ---- repeatedly for your benefit. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:10 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
So, how did life originate on this planet? Why is there design? Why is there evil? What is good? Why do some people lead seemingly charmed lives and other face constant struggles? I can lead you to the water,; however, it's up to you to take a drink. GOD never said for Christians to beat people over the head with the Gospel. He merely expects Christians to share it. This I have done ---- repeatedly for your benefit. :ugeek:

Yes Nipper, I realize what you are engaged in. It's really not that dissimilar to my mission activity in Argentina in the 70s. I thought I was doing the same thing and without the education that I now have I supposed as well that everything I taught to others was a reflection of ultimate reality just as you do.

Your questions have nothing whatsoever to do with the veracity of your theology. To understand this suppose there is in the world a society of believers that believe in a race of aliens that are responsible for the existence of life on earth. Suppose these aliens are not of our universe but are supposed to be from some greater realm of existence that would pass for supernatural powers in comparison to ourselves in this reality. They also believe that this universe was created very recently like yourself. I point out to them these same contradictions that I have brought up to you and they, like yourself, ask me how life got started then. They, not comprehending how evolution works to apparently create things that appear to be designed ask me why design exists. They point to good and evil and an unfair life where some are charmed while others starve.

Like you, if I fail to provide answers that satisfy them, they use that occasion to assert that their story of aliens who created our universe must by default be the correct explanation for us and all that there is. You are no different. If you were born in Iraq or Iran you'd be a Muslim preaching to me instead of a Christian. If you were raised in a Jehovah Witness family you'd be a Jehovah Witness. Or you'd be a Mormon or a believer in Odin or Thor if born in a different age. You have nothing special Nipper. You have simply never questioned anything you've grown up with.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:55 pm 
God

spotlight wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

Yes Nipper, I realize what you are engaged in. It's really not that dissimilar to my mission activity in Argentina in the 70s. I thought I was doing the same thing and without the education that I now have I supposed as well that everything I taught to others was a reflection of ultimate reality just as you do.

Your questions have nothing whatsoever to do with the veracity of your theology. To understand this suppose there is in the world a society of believers that believe in a race of aliens that are responsible for the existence of life on earth. Suppose these aliens are not of our universe but are supposed to be from some greater realm of existence that would pass for supernatural powers in comparison to ourselves in this reality. They also believe that this universe was created very recently like yourself. I point out to them these same contradictions that I have brought up to you and they, like yourself, ask me how life got started then. They, not comprehending how evolution works to apparently create things that appear to be designed ask me why design exists. They point to good and evil and an unfair life where some are charmed while others starve.

Like you, if I fail to provide answers that satisfy them, they use that occasion to assert that their story of aliens who created our universe must by default be the correct explanation for us and all that there is. You are no different. If you were born in Iraq or Iran you'd be a Muslim preaching to me instead of a Christian. If you were raised in a Jehovah Witness family you'd be a Jehovah Witness. Or you'd be a Mormon or a believer in Odin or Thor if born in a different age. You have nothing special Nipper. You have simply never questioned anything you've grown up with.

I don't wish to hurt your feelings; however, I don't believe you had any Bible education to be a suitable "missionary". In fact you likely knew less about the Bible than you did the book of Mormon. I've spoken to not a few Mormon missionaries and found them to be very naïve and actually rather speechless when confronted by even a simple Liberty Baptist student... The idiocy of aliens having brought life here is that it only extends the issue ---- who created the aliens? And not everyone who is treated "poorly" reacts with evil, and some who have everything only seems to want more. There are plenty of modern thinkers living in New Jersey who might have converted me to their logic, but it didn't happen. There are plenty of Jehovah Witnesses who are now True Christians. JW's like to rewrite the Bible to suit their doctrine --- but this like the fake book of Mormon eventually cause many to leave that organization in search of the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:29 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
I don't wish to hurt your feelings; however, I don't believe you had any Bible education to be a suitable "missionary". In fact you likely knew less about the Bible than you did the book of Mormon. I've spoken to not a few Mormon missionaries and found them to be very naïve and actually rather speechless when confronted by even a simple Liberty Baptist student.

I will bet I've read the entire Bible more times than you have Nipper. I was in the habit of reading it as well as the rest of the LDS canon once a year for a majority of my life. Granted that was simply reading it without consulting the view of scholars but I'll bet you are not in agreement with scholars in your interpretation either.

Quote:
The idiocy of aliens having brought life here is that it only extends the issue ---- who created the aliens?

It is a thought exercise only. I am not making that claim. That is why I threw in the idiotic claim that they were from a supernatural realm above our universe. And who created your god? You see Nipper there is no distinction between the idiotic alien and your god besides the name we choose to use to represent the basic idea here.

It's fairly easy to see through other people's sacred cows but a little tougher to see through our own.

Quote:
And not everyone who is treated "poorly" reacts with evil, and some who have everything only seems to want more.

And how is this evidence for the existence of a god exactly?

Quote:
There are plenty of modern thinkers living in New Jersey who might have converted me to their logic, but it didn't happen. There are plenty of Jehovah Witnesses who are now True Christians. JW's like to rewrite the Bible to suit their doctrine --- but this like the fake book of Mormon eventually cause many to leave that organization in search of the truth.

A literal take on the Bible has been disproved Nipper. The fact that you are ignorant of this does not make it otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:25 pm 
God

spotlight wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
I don't wish to hurt your feelings; however, I don't believe you had any Bible education to be a suitable "missionary". In fact you likely knew less about the Bible than you did the book of Mormon. I've spoken to not a few Mormon missionaries and found them to be very naïve and actually rather speechless when confronted by even a simple Liberty Baptist student.

I will bet I've read the entire Bible more times than you have Nipper. I was in the habit of reading it as well as the rest of the LDS canon once a year for a majority of my life. Granted that was simply reading it without consulting the view of scholars but I'll bet you are not in agreement with scholars in your interpretation either.

Quote:
The idiocy of aliens having brought life here is that it only extends the issue ---- who created the aliens?

It is a thought exercise only. I am not making that claim. That is why I threw in the idiotic claim that they were from a supernatural realm above our universe. And who created your god? You see Nipper there is no distinction between the idiotic alien and your god besides the name we choose to use to represent the basic idea here.

It's fairly easy to see through other people's sacred cows but a little tougher to see through our own.

Quote:
And not everyone who is treated "poorly" reacts with evil, and some who have everything only seems to want more.

And how is this evidence for the existence of a god exactly?

Quote:
There are plenty of modern thinkers living in New Jersey who might have converted me to their logic, but it didn't happen. There are plenty of Jehovah Witnesses who are now True Christians. JW's like to rewrite the Bible to suit their doctrine --- but this like the fake book of Mormon eventually cause many to leave that organization in search of the truth.

A literal take on the Bible has been disproved Nipper. The fact that you are ignorant of this does not make it otherwise.

How is the existence Israel explained and why is it in the center of everything over and over. Why are prophetic revelations coming to be fulfilled. Do you realize that until the 1920's the likelihood that Israel would ever exist again was pretty must considered allegorical and that all the blessings GOD promised Israel supposedly fell solely to the CHURCH. The reality is that most Christians who believed this way are having a harder and harder time explaining Israel and the fact that the US now recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Now, who would have imagined that 5 years ago? Who would imagine that there is the reality that the Temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem? What small percentage of the world's population is of Jewish descent? And yet they are among the smartest, the most talented, the brightest and coveted group of people that ever lived. And they just happen to be the ones to whom Jesus born.......................

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:53 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
How is the existence Israel explained and why is it in the center of everything over and over. Why are prophetic revelations coming to be fulfilled. Do you realize that until the 1920's the likelihood that Israel would ever exist again was pretty must considered allegorical and that all the blessings GOD promised Israel supposedly fell solely to the CHURCH. The reality is that most Christians who believed this way are having a harder and harder time explaining Israel and the fact that the US now recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Now, who would have imagined that 5 years ago? Who would imagine that there is the reality that the Temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem? What small percentage of the world's population is of Jewish descent? And yet they are among the smartest, the most talented, the brightest and coveted group of people that ever lived. And they just happen to be the ones to whom Jesus born.......................

Wow. So if the Mormons build a temple at the temple lot in Jackson County Missouri you will convert to that faith?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:52 am 
God

spotlight wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

Wow. So if the Mormons build a temple at the temple lot in Jackson County Missouri you will convert to that faith?
Mormons are not Jewish and trying to live entirely according to Old Testament Law. And only Jerusalem is the cornerstone to following the precepts of Mosaic legalism. Not that that will save the Jews! However, the placing of the image of the Antichrist in that temple midway through the TRIBULATION will cause the blinders to fall off their eyes. This will result in the martyrdom of 144,000 Jewish males (12,000 from each tribe) --- the result of a revolt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:36 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
144,000 Jewish males (12,000 from each tribe)

So never a response to the point being made but only distractions. Let me play too. Jehovah Witnesses have a different interpretation here. If only the Bible were something less vague than a horoscope. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:14 pm 
God

spotlight wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
144,000 Jewish males (12,000 from each tribe)

So never a response to the point being made but only distractions. Let me play too. Jehovah Witnesses have a different interpretation here. If only the Bible were something less vague than a horoscope. :lol:

The JWs do not accept what the Bible reads very simply. What they believe as A Watchtower publication states that “the final number of the heavenly church will be 144,000, according to God’s decree” (Let God Be True, p. 113). The balance of saved humanity, they contend, will live on God’s glorified earth.

The problem with this is that the only ones in heaven must be entirely of JEWISH descent: Revelation 7:4-8

4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel. 5 From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben 12,000, from the tribe of Gad 12,000, 6 from the tribe of Asher 12,000, from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000, from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000, 7 from the tribe of Simeon 12,000, from the tribe of Levi 12,000, from the tribe of Issachar 12,000, 8 from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000, from the tribe of Joseph 12,000, from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

In Revelation 14 we find the 144,000 have an added bonus

1 Then I looked, and there was the Lamb standing on Mount Tziyon; and with him were 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 I heard a sound from heaven like the sound of rushing waters and like the sound of pealing thunder; the sound I heard was also like that of harpists playing on their harps. 3 They were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living beings and the elders, and no one could learn the song except the 144,000 who have been ransomed from the world. 4 These are the ones who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins; they follow the Lamb wherever he goes; they have been ransomed from among humanity as firstfruits for God and the Lamb; 5 on their lips no lie was found — they are without defect...

The Bible isn't vague --- people just don't accept it for what it says.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:34 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:

The Bible isn't vague --- people just don't accept it for what it says.

Of course they don't. It's full of contradictions, lies, gibberish and vicious nonsense, just like you'd expect from ignorant sheepherders who believed in a flat Earth. Humanity has long since outgrown the Bible. You owe everything to scientists now. Biblethumpers didn't create the World Wide Web, physicists did. :cool:

Maybe you should use more capitals. That's always convincing. :biggrin:

In the end Elder Oaks was correct, In Mormonism “it is wrong to criticize leaders even if the criticism is true”. In fact it may be the only real true Doctrine left in Mormonism from the beginning of the restoration. --Bill Reel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:58 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
The Bible isn't vague --- people just don't accept it for what {I say} it says.

^

(Fence Sitter, Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20pm)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:27 am 
God

Yep, believing in the Bible ensures moral superiority.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/cri ... fI4UHCLr28

New accusations of sexual assault by a megachurch preschool volunteer came out in a lawsuit this week after police in North Charleston arrested the man for abusing a 3-year-old boy, according WCSC.

Police arrested Jacop Hazlett, 28, after surveillance cameras at the NewSpring Church campus in North Charleston caught him allegedly molesting a 3-year-old boy, ABC News 4 reports.

That alleged assault happened on Sunday, according to CBS 17, when police say Hazlett took the 3-year-old boy to the bathroom. Police say Hazlett performed oral sex on the boy in the classroom bathroom, the station reports.

In the end Elder Oaks was correct, In Mormonism “it is wrong to criticize leaders even if the criticism is true”. In fact it may be the only real true Doctrine left in Mormonism from the beginning of the restoration. --Bill Reel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:49 pm 
God

mikegriffith1 wrote:
Actually, if you understand the Hebraic background of the Book of Mormon, you can clearly see that the Book of Mormon teaches that there are three separate divine beings in the Godhead and that the Son is subordinate to the Father.

The Creeds do teach Jesus was subordinate to The Father, The Athanasion on line 33 says inferior or subordinate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:18 pm 
God

mikegriffith1 wrote:
Actually, if you understand the Hebraic background of the Book of Mormon, you can clearly see that the Book of Mormon teaches that there are three separate divine beings in the Godhead and that the Son is subordinate to the Father.

Only if you ignore the original version of the Book Of Mormon, you know, before Joseph amended his thinking (and subsequently the book) on the Father & Son relationship.

(Fence Sitter, Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20pm)