Does the Mormon God love His children?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Does the Mormon God love His children?

Post by _Maxine Waters »

I ask this question with complete sincerity. Disregard my avatar. It's about another fight that's neither here nor there.

I suppose all we really know about the Mormon God is what the prophet tells us. And for all practical purposes, the prophet is the Mormon God here on earth. So based on what the prophet requires and expects of his people, does he love them?

The people show their love by giving their time, their labor, their money, their loyalty, and even control of their very will itself (the only thing Mormons believe they can truly give away since all other things are Gods anyway). What does the prophet give them now? What evidence do we have that he loves them other than statements claiming He does?
Last edited by Guest on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Does the Mormon God love His children?

Post by _Dr. Shades »

He builds malls for them to shop at.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

He builds malls for them to shop at.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Maxine Waters wrote:I ask this question with complete sincerity. Disregard my avatar. It's about another fight that's neither here nor there.

I suppose all we really know about the Mormon God is what the prophet tells us. And for all practical purposes, the prophet is the Mormon God here on earth. So based on what the prophet requires and expects of his people, does he love them?

The people show their love by giving their time, their labor, their money, their loyalty, and even control of their very will itself (the only thing Mormons believe they can truly give away since all other things are Gods anyway). What does the prophet give them now? What evidence do we have that he loves them other than statements claiming He does?

No mortal prophet is the Mormon God.
That's as stupid as saying Drumpf is the United States.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

He gave them chloroform in print so they would not have to rely on the anesthesia of men.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

deleted, This was depression talking
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_SPG
_Emeritus

Post by _SPG »

The CCC wrote:
Maxine Waters wrote:I ask this question with complete sincerity. Disregard my avatar. It's about another fight that's neither here nor there.

No mortal prophet is the Mormon God.
That's as stupid as saying Drumpf is the United States.

The "Church" might want you to think that all we know about the Mormon God is what the prophet tell us, but that isn't true. Every Mormon has a say in what the Mormon God is. Depending upon how much you care, your wisdom and insights about God are just as likely to get added to Mormon lore as the prophets.

The beauty of Mormonism is largely contained in the idea that Joseph Smith restored the priesthood to regular humans. This means that ordinary people can act for God in their lives, such as marry/seal, baptize, bless, heal, have revelation, etc. This implies that ordinary humans have access to the power of God, that we are in fact connected to God.

So yes, the Mormon God loves his children. Mormonism, has in recently years, has gone more mainstream Christianity which implies saving through priests and membership dues. In the priesthood order, while men (not yet women) might hold different offices, they all have the same priesthood, (within the Melchizedek Order. In other words, technically, the prophet has no more priesthood to receive revelation Elder Joe Plumber. The "church" might not recognize Elder Plumber as a Seer, but that doesn't mean he isn't and that other around him don't see him as such. Joseph Smith tried to give women the priesthood, but the men of the day would have nothing to do with it.
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Post by _deacon blues »

Having suffered from depression I recognize the feeling- abandoned by God- that comes in deep depression. With the help of good, knowledgeable people, I recovered. Then God came back. Where did he go while I was depressed? I believe he expressed himself through Human Love.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

SPG wrote:
The "Church" might want you to think that all we know about the Mormon God is what the prophet tell us, but that isn't true. Every Mormon has a say in what the Mormon God is. Depending upon how much you care, your wisdom and insights about God are just as likely to get added to Mormon lore as the prophets.

The beauty of Mormonism is largely contained in the idea that Joseph Smith restored the priesthood to regular humans. This means that ordinary people can act for God in their lives, such as marry/seal, baptize, bless, heal, have revelation, etc. This implies that ordinary humans have access to the power of God, that we are in fact connected to God.

So yes, the Mormon God loves his children. Mormonism, has in recently years, has gone more mainstream Christianity which implies saving through priests and membership dues. In the priesthood order, while men (not yet women) might hold different offices, they all have the same priesthood, (within the Melchizedek Order. In other words, technically, the prophet has no more priesthood to receive revelation Elder Joe Plumber. The "church" might not recognize Elder Plumber as a Seer, but that doesn't mean he isn't and that other around him don't see him as such. Joseph Smith tried to give women the priesthood, but the men of the day would have nothing to do with it.

In the Church all men are prophets, seers, and revelators for their own family's. What we all are not is prophets, seers, revelators for the whole Church.

If you want to know what is happening in the Church just as the Sisters. :biggrin:
_SPG
_Emeritus

Post by _SPG »

The CCC wrote:In the Church all men are prophets, seers, and revelators for their own family's. What we all are not is prophets, seers, revelators for the whole Church.

If you want to know what is happening in the Church just as the Sisters. :biggrin:

But, that is a just a church things. Of course, for the sake of order, there must be a central authority on prophecy. Otherwise, I would get re-baptized and set the church straight. But, there is church wisdom that came from non-prophet status men and women.