Will the Mormon Church be next?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: Will the Mormon Church be next?

Post by _The CCC »

LitttleNipper:

As long as there are algebra tests in public schools praying will also be there. What the USSC said was you can't use the public schools to force a religious ordinance.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:But it must be understood that when the value of the CHURCH was eliminated from public institutions by the misguided view of a slight majority of the Supreme Court, the educational system of the United States collapsed. Education to ponder and think became secondary ---- Education to indoctrinate became the rule.

What a huge steaming, stinking crock of lying stuff this is, Nipper. Even for you. This is the Jack Chick version of history, a pathetic fraudulent cartoon. But since you can't keep straight the events of the last century, once again we're reminded that we certainly can't trust you beyond that, like in the Bible days. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Education didn't collapse. The injection of sectarian activities into public schools was restricted. Oh the horror. Public schools weren't going to preach. They never should have. It happens today from time to time and it's both unConstitutional and disgusting.

Why do you violate the Commandments that you claim to believe in by 'bearing false witness', Nipper? Oh, because the truth makes you look bad. Uneducated. Incoherent. Dishonest. Got it.

Here is what Nipper considers a UNIVERSITY.Image

The main purpose of this...building...is to teach creationism. Let's just call that INDOCTRINATION, shall we? Nipper's Christian "education" is anything but. :wink:

So, Creation is discussed in public science classes as freely as evolutionism (if at all) --- without hindrance? So, Intelligent Design is not totally ignored or ridiculed if/while explaining Biology in public education? So Christmas and Easter are openly discussed and publicised by public school educators as they might "Gay" Pride"?

When the Bible was once read, as part of the opening exercise in elementary and high school, students were encouraged to ponder eternity and how the present is influenced by the past --- that's what HISTORY is all about. Why learn what makes no difference? You are the false witness. I was there! I witnessed the changes. I noted the early stages of disrespect and the unearned feelings of entitlement we see so widely held today.

Evolution had been around for years but it always faced competition from Biblical Creation. And frankly, whenever and wherever the Bible was given respect, education prospered --- evolution had to be toned down or took a back seat. It was not until the daily respect for the Bible was removed that students could come to imagine that their very existence was mere random chance, and once that became the excepted logic, students began to think why bother ---eternity is not a reality and the government is the only god (and we all know what good they are) :rolleyes:

Frankly, I'm not impressed with ivy covered stone walls nor the Capitol dome when all they contain is humanistic garbage and rotting bones. People and not buildings is what education is all about. AND the redeemed people and not grand edifices is what the CHURCH is all about. Remember that the early church often worshipped in catacombs and modest houses and not grand cathedrals.
Last edited by Guest on Fri May 05, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:But it must be understood that when the value of the CHURCH was eliminated from public institutions by the misguided view of a slight majority of the Supreme Court, the educational system of the United States collapsed. Education to ponder and think became secondary ---- Education to indoctrinate became the rule.

What a huge steaming, stinking crock
Education didn't collapse.

Maksutov , I think your rhetoric ,having previously reached maximum pitch falters at this vision provided by Nipper.

I sympathize, sputtering perhaps.
Maybe if volumn is turned back down. ???????,.

Nipper, you realize the riots and antiwar movement did not happen mid sixties but later? Whether you think those moves to reject the ultimate power of government were good or not I cannot imagine how they are a result of government indoctrination or some supreme court decision.

Do you really think it is the schools job to convert people to Christianity through Bible reading? Are there not churches? Are there not parents? Are there not neighbors? Has God lost the ability to draw people by the Holy Spirit?

I think false teachers pretending Christianity but just taking money do more to create suspicion of religion in young people than everything you mentioned.

new math?
perhaps it was the invention of the zero which started making it all so complicated.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Nipper, thinking again I do remember some police riots in the earlier portion of the 60s when they arrested America most important prophet, Dr King. Those police were the product of the older school system in America. Do you really want to bring back the old days? It was great, mob murders of black Americans done with impunity. We can go back to the good old days when the main welfare program for women was houses of prostitution found all across this great Christian nation. Make sure they work for the dollars they get.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

huckelberry wrote:Nipper, thinking again I do remember some police riots in the earlier portion of the 60s when they arrested America most important prophet, Dr King. Those police were the product of the older school system in America. Do you really want to bring back the old days? It was great, mob murders of black Americans done with impunity. We can go back to the good old days when the main welfare program for women was houses of prostitution found all across this great Christian nation. Make sure they work for the dollars they get.

Sorry, but even dignity is not handed out for free. It must be earned. And blacks are beginning to discover this simple truth --- the smart ones anyway... King was arrested by Democrats and now blacks are manipulated by them with promises. Prostitution is still prostitution, only Americans are trying their best to label good evil and evil good to hide their sins. At one time such would have seemed irrational. :ugeek:
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

huckelberry wrote:Nipper, thinking again I do remember some police riots in the earlier portion of the 60s when they arrested America most important prophet, Dr King. Those police were the product of the older school system in America. Do you really want to bring back the old days? It was great, mob murders of black Americans done with impunity. We can go back to the good old days when the main welfare program for women was houses of prostitution found all across this great Christian nation. Make sure they work for the dollars they get.

Nipper isn't interested in history or science or, really, even the Bible. He has his fantasy version of the universe and past events that exists in his head and nowhere else and he is happy with that. This is why so many people are leaving religion. It's not fair because Nipper is not a typical Christian, but the Christians give the Nippers cover to continue their fabrications and denials.

"this great Christian nation"...see what I mean? :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Maksutov wrote:

Nipper isn't interested in history or science or, really, even the Bible. He has his fantasy version of the universe and past events that exists in his head and nowhere else and he is happy with that. This is why so many people are leaving religion. It's not fair because Nipper is not a typical Christian, but the Christians give the Nippers cover to continue their fabrications and denials.

"this great Christian nation"...see what I mean? :wink:
First, this isn't a "Christian " nation. I'm interested in the Biblical version of History, science with Biblical insight, and the Bible with a Holy Spirit understanding. Religion stinks, Christianity is all about a personal RELATIONSHIP with GOD. A nation may apply Biblical principles; however, nations don't go to heaven --- believers do.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

LittleNipper wrote:I'm interested in the Biblical version of History, science with Biblical insight, and the Bible with a Holy Spirit understanding. Religion stinks, Christianity is all about a personal RELATIONSHIP with GOD. A nation may apply Biblical principles; however, nations don't go to heaven --- believers do.

So Christianity isn't a religion. Christianity can never be analyzed, evaluated, judged because there are billions of Christianities, one for each person in their relationship with GOD, all different. If that's all that was required, there was never any reason for the Bible or the lives of the prophets. Everyone could have just had their personal relationship with GOD without all of that other social/cultural/institutional mess. But that isn't what happened and that isn't where we are now. So it's another tall tale for you to add to your collection.

Face it, you want that old time religion. Doesn't matter that it's been refuted for 400 years. You can have the benefits of modernity while reveling in prescientific irrationality. Which is okay for entertainment but ridiculous as a worldview. Unless you are a leading member of the Society for Creative Anachronisms and the Bible is your LARP. :wink: We'll be looking for your selfies in Sword and Sandal Cosplay.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Post by _deacon blues »

I'm glad the invective in this thread was toned down. I think most people recognize reality without invective.
Thanks Matsutov, for the information about the Spencer Kimball biography. I'd forgotten about that CD in the back.
Thanks Little Nipper for expressing your views. Being a school teacher, and experiencing public education in Utah for the past 30 years, I don't agree with much of what you said, but you have an interesting viewpoint, and you expressed it clearly and well.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

deacon blues wrote:I'm glad the invective in this thread was toned down. I think most people recognize reality without invective.
Thanks Matsutov, for the information about the Spencer Kimball biography. I'd forgotten about that CD in the back.
Thanks Little Nipper for expressing your views. Being a school teacher, and experiencing public education in Utah for the past 30 years, I don't agree with much of what you said, but you have an interesting viewpoint, and you expressed it clearly and well.

Thank you, for your comments. One must remember that the Bible /Prayer issue transpired some 53 years ago. A lot has changed since then and gum chewing in the classroom is no longer the major concern --- at least here in New Jersey.

I do have to wonder though if you made a request for the parents of a student to come in for a conference (even if you allowed them to pick the day and time), how often would they be a no-show? It is odd , don't you think that people seem to have time for so many things but have issue with what would seem to be at least "moderately" important. AND how often might only one parent show up?

I can honestly say that such was not norm 50 years ago.