David J. Hand The Improbability Principle

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

David J. Hand The Improbability Principle

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I *FINALLY* got my copy.... Now I have yet another fantastic book to sink my teeth into! Thanks to all you who encouraged me to get this source.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Re: David J. Hand The Improbability Principle

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Did you like it?
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

That's nice, but it doesn't really tell us much.

So, what's the premise of this "improbability principle" about which the book is, and how does it apply to Mormonism?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:So, what's the premise of this "improbability principle" about which the book is, and how does it apply to Mormonism?

Even more important in the grand key scheme of the universe, could this so-called "improbabilty" be coupled with an infinite drive to power a starship? How it applies to Mormonism is an interesting question.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Philo Sofee wrote:I *FINALLY* got my copy.... Now I have yet another fantastic book to sink my teeth into! Thanks to all you who encouraged me to get this source.

?
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

moksha wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:So, what's the premise of this "improbability principle" about which the book is, and how does it apply to Mormonism?

Even more important in the grand key scheme of the universe, could this so-called "improbabilty" be coupled with an infinite drive to power a starship? How it applies to Mormonism is an interesting question.

At this time I feel inspired to proclaim it highly likely that some kind of improbability drive mechanism led to the coming forth of Mormonism's foundational truth claims, and helps direct ongoing doctrine and policy decisions of that great Church yet today.

I say this due to the fact that (aside from Scientology) a (pseudo)religious organization with a more improbable set of foundational truth claims and self-contradictory doctrine and policies is hard to imagine.

42 and Ramen
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."