Real Exorcisms

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Real Exorcisms

Post by _Maksutov »

For LittleNipper. Just like Jesus!

love,

Maksutov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiBzVFkGQ_c
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Re: Real Exorcisms

Post by _spotlight »

Oh my Oden, you mean there is evidence for the existence of god today? Time to get back to church! :rolleyes:
Where are the pigs that the spirits go into instead that die? I'm hungry. :lol:
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

spotlight wrote:Oh my Oden, you mean there is evidence for the existence of god today? Time to get back to church! :rolleyes:
Where are the pigs that the spirits go into instead that die? I'm hungry. :lol:

That worried me, too. It might not be so authentic after all. But since God can do anything (per Nipper), maybe he sent the evil spirits into some nearby micro-organisms so as not to alert the Satanic legions of PETA. :wink: Apologetics is fun!

Can Christians believe in micro-organisms? :eek: How do we know those microscopes aren't deceiving us like the gas chromatograph and the Hubble telescope and DNA sequencing machine? :eek: :eek:
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Colossians 1:16 ►

New International Version
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

LittleNipper wrote:Colossians 1:16 ►

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Because fibble fap and forbis, flappity floo. :cool:
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Post by _spotlight »

Heroin, Marijuana, Cocaine, Hitler, Stalin, Genghis Khan, Pol Pot.
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

spotlight wrote:

Heroin, Marijuana, Cocaine, Hitler, Stalin, Genghis Khan, Pol Pot.

Ebola, Bubonic Plague, Parasitic Wasps

Hey! Lighten up on the Marijuana. We got some Rastas here. :lol:
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Nipper has just gotten to the passage where evil spirits are sent to a herd of pigs. It is clear that sending the spirits to another animal was purely incidental. Not necessary in any way.

Considering the utube link it appeared long on the theatrical to me. There was an associated utube where a person formerly involved was critical of the exorcisms. He though hypnotism and money were involved. I am not an expert on hypnotism but it is easy to wonder if that plus williness to participate in the theater plus suggestibility might be the operating principals.

I suppose people may have already thought of all that though.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

huckelberry wrote:Nipper has just gotten to the passage where evil spirits are sent to a herd of pigs. It is clear that sending the spirits to another animal was purely incidental. Not necessary in any way.

Considering the utube link it appeared long on the theatrical to me. There was an associated utube where a person formerly involved was critical of the exorcisms. He though hypnotism and money were involved. I am not an expert on hypnotism but it is easy to wonder if that plus williness to participate in the theater plus suggestibility might be the operating principals.

I suppose people may have already thought of all that though.

Huck, you're a nice guy but don't expect me to consider the logic of sending evil spirits into a herd of pigs. We could countenance silliness like that before we knew what the brain was. Now it's just superstition--and a family business:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk65kdAVNXI

Demonic possession doesn't exist except as mental illness and fraud. I think you have role playing, Biblical cosplaying if you like, where people like to go through this stuff. Just like those who get their rocks off dressing like Jesus and carrying a wooden cross around. That doesn't make you Jesus, it just gives you a ritual experience that you can tell yourself has meaning.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Maksutov, I had not wished to ask you to consider the logic of tossing evil spirits into pigs. I do think you made a good addition to my comments about the Utube video. People may wish to participate in the theater for reasons you pointed to.