Answers to Creationist Attacks on C-14 Dating

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: Answers to Creationist Attacks on C-14 Dating

Post by _The CCC »

There are UFO's. All are just something Unidentified and Flying. It is the beliefs about what they contain that is the problem.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

The CCC wrote:There are UFO's. All are just something Unidentified and Flying. It is the beliefs about what they contain that is the problem.

Of course. There are unidentified objects of all kinds. What I'm referring to is the subcultural view that began in the late 1940s and is based around "flying saucers" and humanoid extraterrestrials that allegedly operate them as interplanetary, interstellar and "interdimensional" vehicles.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

I know. :biggrin:
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

The CCC wrote:I know. :biggrin:

It's worth clarifying. UFO is as big a blank as GOD, and generates as much pure speculation. :lol:

I think we can learn a lot about early Mormonism by studying the first 20 years of the UFO phenomena and by studying the career of Uri Geller. :wink:
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

All religions are pretty strange when viewed by the outsider. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to believe in 20 or no Gods. It neither breaks my leg of picks my pocket.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

The CCC wrote:All religions are pretty strange when viewed by the outsider. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to believe in 20 or no Gods. It neither breaks my leg of picks my pocket.

Good quote. :wink: But it has its exceptions. A religion that teaches people to do things like avoid vaccines does much worse than breaking legs.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

True if allowed to be in contact with people not of their belief. Though I don't know how we could enforce such a quarantine. :twisted: