The Adamic language

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Re: The Adamic language

Post by _spotlight »

Maksutov wrote:If you watch From Dusk Till Dawn, you'll see the Reformed Egyptian symbol for it over the establishment. That's the best I can do. :cool:

My Odin, you have a good memory. I do remember watching the movie. My wife is into anything with vampires. I didn't remember the sign over the building. It is pretty nice. :surprised:
The neon sign is lit up through the power of Kae-e-vanrash.
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee
_Johannes
_Emeritus

Post by _Johannes »

Philo Sofee wrote:Since the entire story of Adam and Eve is a mythological construct, of course, the "Adamic language" is as well.

Undoubtedly, but it's an interesting piece of intellectual history, isn't it? Particularly as Smith wasn't the first or the last person to speculate on such things.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Ven lärnoy püki votik, vödastok plösenon fikulis. Mutoy ai dönu sukön vödis nesevädik, e seko nited paperon. In dil donatida, ye, säkäd at pebemaston, bi tradut tefik vöda alik pubon dis vöds Volapükik. Välot reidedas sökon, e pamobos, das vöds Volapükik pareidons laodiko. Gramat e stabavöds ya pedunons in nüdug; too loged viföfik traduta pakomandos ad garanön, das sinif valodik pegeton. Binos prinsip sagatik, kel sagon, das stud nemödik a del binos gudikum, ka stud mödik süpo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volap%C3%BCk

got it?

Volapük is a constructed language, created in 1879–1880 by Johann Martin Schleyer, a Roman Catholic priest in Baden, Germany. Schleyer felt that God had told him in a dream to create an international language.

god didn't teach him adamic
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_Johannes
_Emeritus

Post by _Johannes »

I can't find it on Google, but I remember reading an article on Volapuk which had a story about a girl at a party who got talking about minority languages and said something like "I learned Volapuk and I swear, if I meet one other person in the world who knows it I will go to bed with him there and then". Needless to say, it turns out that the guy standing behind her....