Intuitive vs Analytical Thinking on Religion

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Re: Intuitive vs Analytical Thinking on Religion

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

I agree. From my experience when I was living life intuitively (childlike perspective), my faith in God was a lot stronger. When I began to question and analyse, I lost that faith. Also of note; when I lived intuitively and did an IQ test my IQ was considerably higher than after I became cynical and analytical. Haha.
Just punched myself on the face...
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:I agree. From my experience when I was living life intuitively (childlike perspective), my faith in God was a lot stronger. When I began to question and analyse, I lost that faith. Also of note; when I lived intuitively and did an IQ test my IQ was considerably higher than after I became cynical and analytical. Haha.

If you live intuitively and don't study for the test, you are still going to fail. :wink:

Also, I don't think cynical is a good trait, and an analytical minded person can still use intuition quite well. Intuition is what you might use a lot when you cannot get there analytically. It may not be right as consistently, but when that's all that is left, go with it.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Themis wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:I agree. From my experience when I was living life intuitively (childlike perspective), my faith in God was a lot stronger. When I began to question and analyse, I lost that faith. Also of note; when I lived intuitively and did an IQ test my IQ was considerably higher than after I became cynical and analytical. Haha.

If you live intuitively and don't study for the test, you are still going to fail. :wink:

Also, I don't think cynical is a good trait, and an analytical minded person can still use intuition quite well. Intuition is what you might use a lot when you cannot get there analytically. It may not be right as consistently, but when that's all that is left, go with it.

What are you trying to say? :P
Well, yes one can be intuitive and analytical - like when I was living intuitively, I asked a lot of questions. Living intuitively provided a lot of those questions, perhaps the correct word would have been logically, rather than a bit airy fairy. I agree cynicism is not a good trait, it's rather depressing actually. That is what happens when you ask too many questions and end up questioning the point of everything lol. What is right in this world?
Just punched myself on the face...
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:What are you trying to say? :P
Well, yes one can be intuitive and analytical - like when I was living intuitively, I asked a lot of questions.

Analytical thinkers ask a lot of questions. It's just that they are more willing to analyse the evidence to answer those question in rational logical ways. This is why they probably tend to be less religious.