God made man in his image

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: God made man in his image

Post by _Philo Sofee »

LittleNipper wrote:But just like the Universe, we have a beginning. GOD doesn't have a beginning. He is eternal in both directions. We are eternal in one direction only.

Well I mean yeah, that' one assumption......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

Just luck that a 2 month old baby that dies and becomes God was not the one to make man in his own image. Per Joe in King Follet Discourse those that die as infants rule as Gods in the same form as when they died.

Adam and Even crawling because they were created as 2 month old babies? Can't even speak to name all the animals?
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Philo Sofee wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:But just like the Universe, we have a beginning. GOD doesn't have a beginning. He is eternal in both directions. We are eternal in one direction only.

No, it is biblical ---------defiantly not Mormon, but it's biblical. :ugeek:
Psalm 90:2 King James Bible
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Before the mountains were formed, even before You formed matter and this planet, even from an eternity past to eternity into the future ---- You alone are GOD!
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

SteelHead wrote:Awwww.... look at all the adults who still believe in the tooth fairy. Sooooo cute.

The tooth fairy was my mom. :wink:
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

That is certainly rife with assumptions......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Philo Sofee wrote:

No, it is biblical ---------defiantly not Mormon, but it's biblical. :ugeek:
Psalm 90:2 King James Bible
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Before the mountains were formed, even before You formed matter and this planet, even from an eternity past to eternity into the future ---- You alone are GOD![/quote]

Philo says:
Like I said it's in the Bible and therefore it's one possible interpretation. I don't give a flying flip if it's in a book that doesn't mean it's not an interpretation.
Dr CamNC4Me
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

God made man IN his image. ^^ what if he imagined man? Or man is literally made within the image of God, I.e. God is nature, all around. Or DNA? O.O.

I wouldn't worry about it. Even in our lifetime meanings of words have changed drastically. And translations can't be exact down to the small words that connect the key words surely. And we all know the bi le has been twisted and adapted to suit the people in power. Much like the media and propaganda of the world today.