Mitt Romney on the news today

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Mittens
_Emeritus

Re: Mitt Romney on the news today

Post by _Mittens »

jo1952 wrote:
Mittens wrote:-Doctrine and Covenants section 132:

37 Abraham received concubines, and they bore him children; and it was accounted unto him for righteousness, because they were given unto him, and he abode in my law; as Isaac also and Jacob did none other things than that which they were commanded; and because they did none other things than that which they were commanded, they have entered into their exaltation, according to the promises, and sit upon thrones, and are not angels but are gods.

Does any one here agree Abraham Isaac and Jacob are now gods like Mormon faux scripture teaches

I think it was actually Brigham Young who put D&C 132 into the D&C; it was added AFTER Joseph's death. Brigham was not a True Messenger; he manufactured a lot of crap in order to promote his own agenda. Meanwhile, there are lots of contradictions in the Bible as well; they don't only exist in accepted LDS canon outside of the Bible.

It is amazing to watch how you so diligently put down the LDS Church when your own belief system suffers from the very same types of inconsistencies; which manifests personal actions on your part which are in direct conflict with Christ's teachings. Meanwhile, you never do try to answer the questions posed to you, though you continue to point out the problems you have with the LDS. Meh....so be it.

What has been changed since the 4th and 5th century AD in Christendom . I still believe those Creeds written then and The Book of Mormon teaches those Creeds :lol:
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

huckelberry wrote:Mittens, sometimes you give the impression that you read nobodies posts here but your own.
He is not alone with this feature.

huckelberry wrote:If your read a bit more broadly you would notice that very few if anybody here believes in DC 132.
This means nothing.

For example I not believe in the Bible (as scripture, word of god etc.) but it is part of the word literature; as such, many times is worth to quote.

Book of Mormon, D&C, church site items are the best sources to know what the believers believe. Or what the believers say they believe...
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_jo1952
_Emeritus

Post by _jo1952 »

Mittens wrote: What has been changed since the 4th and 5th century AD in Christendom . I still believe those Creeds written then and The Book of Mormon teaches those Creeds :lol:

I see. So you believe Creeds written some 300 and 400 hundred years after Christ even though they are not what Christ taught. Is that why you ignore Christ's teachings? Is that why you don't answer questions about what He taught---because they don't agree with the Creeds?

Both the Bible and the Book of Mormon teach the fulness of Christ's gospel. It can be found in Matthew chapters 5, 6, and 7; and again in 3 Nephi chapters 12, 13, and 14. The Creeds don't teach His gospel message; they teach what man has decided people must believe in order to be called a Christian. Christ taught a way to live in peace; and He gave us clues about who we are. Christ warned about false prophets. Christianity does not recognize she is one of them (or many--depending upon how you apply the many denominations and churches that grew out of Christianity). Part of the evidence that she has deceived many, is the very fact that she does not teach what Christ taught. She has taught things about Christ which are false. Now, this is hard to hear because people can't see what they don't want to see; our egos don't like to admit the possibility that we have been deceived. We don't want to believe that the traditions of our fathers about Christ, is not what Christ taught.

Even so, Christ allows us the free will to believe whatever we want to believe. While He taught a way to live in peace, He did not demand that we live that way. He would not interfere with our free will desires; though He did warn:

Matthew 7:21 ¶Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The iniquity of people causes them to stumble and be blind and deaf. Iniquity is the belief that we are special, chosen, better than others. God is not a respecter of persons; additionally, according to the Book of Mormon, all are alike unto God. The rain falls on everyone; the sun shines on everyone. Christians think they are special or chosen because they believe that by virtue of how they have achieved the requirements of being called Christian, they are now in better standing with God. Thus, they work iniquity. All religions do this. But the blind and the deaf will never be able to accept this, because they love being considered special and chosen. They think they are saved and respected by God; yet God is not a respecter of persons. In this frame of mind, they will never be able to know the Father and enter the kingdom of heaven. Religion has created those concepts (God, Satan, Heaven, Hell, Good, Evil, Sin, etc..); but since that is not what is really going on here in mortality, they will never be able to enter something that was never real to begin with.....sigh. Because they won't give up those beliefs, there is no room inside of their minds to accept any other possibilities---including the Real Truth about who we are and why we are here.

Christ and other True Messengers teach messages using the words of religion because it is the religious who they are trying to teach their messages to. That is why Christ taught we need to have the eyes to see and the ears to hear; and why He used parables as a teaching tool.

If we believed what He taught, we would be able to understand who the Father is, and where and what the kingdom of heaven is....and thus enter it (In other words, by entering the understanding of what is really going on...Christ used the words "kingdom of heaven" because those are the terms used by religion.). We just need to have the eyes to see them/the ears to hear. We don't need to physically go anywhere. Neither the Father, nor the kingdom of Heaven are what ANY religion teaches. In fact, religion is something made up in the vain imaginations of men; and has nothing to do with what is really going on here. As such, the requirements religion has imagined aren't necessary; though they do need to be given up in order to understand what Christ and other True Messengers have taught from time to time.

Meanwhile, because the world refuses to live the way of peace taught by Christ, there is no peace on earth. When He returns, He will set up a government under which all people will be treated with equality.