by way of introduction

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_manmormon
_Emeritus

by way of introduction

Post by _manmormon »

I thought I ought not to say a few things by way of introduction. I am forty years old and have been a Mormon all my life. The religion has always appealed to me because of its claims of truth. Joseph Smith claimed all of these things boldly and unabashedly. Truth is all I am interested in. I am still a Mormon (at least until they grow me out) because to me Joseph Smith provided the only meaningful logical explanation for what goes on on this planet. My loyalty is to truth, I would gladly walk away from Mormonism tomorrow if someone could disprove it to me. I don't care about Joseph's wives or if his brothers would have woke up when Moroni visited him. All that crap is useless speculation, it is the doctrine he left behind that concerns me. I believe it, I just have no confidence in the current leadership of this church.
P.S. manmormon is an illusion to Emerson's American Scholar. A man is what I seek to be Mormon is just something I do. Or Mormonism was created for the man and not man for Mormonism, if you prefer.
Thank you, and I am never offended by an attack as long as there is a good argument in it.
P.S. I have a blog if it interests anyone
[url]darrellscroggins.com[/url]
I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?
GB
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Re: by way of introduction

Post by _LittleNipper »

Hello, and thank you for the information. I have distant Mormon relatives. I have never been a Mormon and I believe the biblical epic fully is the truth and explains everything. God loves and saves. The Bible is all about Christ ---- when, where, why, and how. I do not see this present world as a proving ground. I see it as messed up and God's objective is to save whosoever will for the next life. I do not accept the Book of Mormon as authentic. The Apostles didn't need or quote it and neither does Christ. I see my earthly opportunity is to be a Christian and not a Mormon, and as a witness for Christ and not for the authenticity of some missing/found book.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

manmormon,

Have you heard of Denver Snuffer? If you truly believe in Joseph Smith but feel the FP/Q12 have fallen his teachings and followers might be right up your alley.

For better conversation here, drop down to the Terrestrial forum, most of us post there.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hi manmormon! :smile:

Thanks for the intro.

Welcome to the board!

Look forward to seeing some of your future contributions.

Peace,
Ceeboo