Mormons are here to stay

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Amore
_Emeritus

Re: Mormons are here to stay

Post by _Amore »

What's sad is when a money-hungry doctor performs a "sex change" on a child - or anyone - and then they always regret it, because then they are not really one sex or the other.

You can't change chromosomes - you are born as a male or female.
The homosexual "cult" mentality pushes more and more lies that are contrary to basic science.

Yes, I disagree that children of anybody should not be punished by the church - and denying baptism of anyone is unChrist-like.
Yet, I also see clear as day that homosexuals should not rob children of a mother or father, and should not subject them to what are statistically, harmful lifestyles.

Study: Children of Parents in Same-Sex Relationships Face Greater Risks
http://www.citizenlink.com/2012/06/11/s ... ter-risks/
"According to data from the New Family Structures Study, led by Mark Regnerus at the University of Texas at Austin, children raised by homosexual parents are dramatically more likely than peers raised by married heterosexual parents to suffer from a host of social problems. Among them are strong tendencies, as adults, to exhibit poor impulse control; suffer from depression and thoughts of suicide; need mental health therapy; identify themselves as homosexual; choose cohabitation; be unfaithful to partners; contract sexually transmitted diseases; be sexually molested; have lower income levels; drink to get drunk; and smoke tobacco and marijuana."

Adults Raised by Gay Couples Speak Out Against Gay ‘Marriage’ in Federal Court
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/laurett ... eral-court

“Every child need a mum” – A gay man speaks out against gay marriage"
“I don’t want to see children being engineered for same-sex couples where there is either a mom missing or a dad missing,” Mainwaring explained. “Somebody needs to stand up for the rights and needs of children in an age when the selfishness of adults seems to be trumping those rights.”
http://www.ynaija.com/every-child-need- ... -marriage/

Child of lesbian couple speaks out against gay marriage
http://www.dennyburk.com/child-of-lesbi ... -marriage/
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

Amore wrote:What's sad is when a money-hungry doctor performs a "sex change" on a child - or anyone - and then they always regret it, because then they are not really one sex or the other.

Please show where doctors are performing sex change operations on children (who are not intersex or ambiguous). And by child I am assuming you mean someone under the age of 14 years of age.

Also provide evidence that the doctors performing these operations are doing it for the money.

Provide evidence that people who undergo sex change operations "always" regret it.

Thanks.

I'd also be interested to know what you suggest we do about the intersex and ambiguous sex children.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_mocnarf
_Emeritus

Post by _mocnarf »

From 6 members to 15,000,000 members in less than 200 years. That's pretty good growth. Jews have had some 4,000 years and has the same number of members.

You have to taken into account that over the centuries there have been many culling of the Jews by countless number of dictators, tyrants, and the like. Mormons have been spared that type of devastation.
Aim at at nothing and you're sure to hit it.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

mocnarf wrote:
The CCC wrote:
From 6 members to 15,000,000 members in less than 200 years. That's pretty good growth. Jews have had some 4,000 years and has the same number of members.

You have to take into account that over the centuries there have been many culling of the Jews by countless number of dictators, tyrants, and the like. Mormons have been spared that type of devastation.

Sorry, I changed your post a little. It's always good to make an attribution to who is being quoted.

Fifteen Million members is an exaggerated number. From what I have read, five million active members might be more accurate.

I think LDS members are leaving the Church in growing numbers. I am pretty sure that this is a result of new information that can be found on the internet and the very clumsy response from the COB.

Every day, it gets a little more interesting.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

The CCC wrote:Children in the US are not free agents. They can't sign a contract, or do many things a adult can legally do. If you have to get permission from your parents to join any group. You are obviously not qualified to do it.

The problem with the policy and why so many members are upset about it is that it does not give the parents the right to say yes. It's not really going to break up families if the parents are saying yes. It is also a double standard in that the church condemns heterosexuals shacking up but has no problem baptizing their children if they say yes. The group most affected will be children of divorced parents where one is now gay and the child is spending time with both. What it is really about is the influence these people will have on the church. If they can push them out it will mean less influence on church members and how they think of the gay issues. Boundary maintenance. The ONLY reason BY's group did better then the RLDS is that they separated themselves from the rest of society. A group very integrated into the rest of society is a group that will more quickly look like the rest of society.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Quasimodo wrote:Sorry, I changed your post a little. It's always good to make an attribution to who is being quoted.

Fifteen Million members is an exaggerated number. From what I have read, five million active members might be more accurate.

I think LDS members are leaving the Church in growing numbers. I am pretty sure that this is a result of new information that can be found on the internet and the very clumsy response from the COB.

Every day, it gets a little more interesting.

15 Million is accurate as to how many people the church has on it's list. It does not represent adherents. In the US the number of adherents is slowly growing and just maintaining the LDS percentage of the US population. In the US the LDS adherents have a much higher fertility rate then the general population and a large active missionary force. If all they can do is maintain their percentage of the population they must be losing a significant number. I doubt the church is doing better in other developed nations and most likely doing worse. Developing nations are harder to figure in that they have high baptisms and very low retention.