Our part in the feast

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Gazelam wrote:Q: How many of you have a Patriarchal blessing? What tribe are you from?

Gaz

I'm from A tribe called quest

And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Gazelam wrote:Q: How many of you have a Patriarchal blessing? What tribe are you from?

Gaz

They call me Ishmael. I'm a proud member of Krippendorf's Tribe.

Bond

"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_MormonMendacity
_Emeritus

Post by _MormonMendacity »

Gaz

I have a patriarchal "blessing" and I yet for some reason I don't think I'm from a "tribe". When I want to know the future, Gaz, I usually just make a decision and follow through. That seems to work better than reading my PB.
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're just making him madder and madder" --Homer Simpson's version of Pascal's Wager
Religion began when the first scoundrel met the first fool.
Religion is ignorance reduced to a system.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Just don't forget to invite me to the feast...okay I will bring the wine
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:Just don't forget to invite me to the feast...okay I will bring the wine
Wine? Yuck.

I will bring some 33 degree Jagermeister.

Just a soon as I can get the bottle back:

_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

That is so cute...is she yours???? Spoil her rotten...because to soon she will think you are wierd...
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Hi Gaz! In answer to your question about Patriarchal Blessings and what tribes we're from.

I'm from the tribe of Ephriam.

Is there anyone who has had their Patriarchal Blessing who is NOT from the tribe of Ephriam?

I've yet to meet anyone.
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

I know a few folks from additional tribes... I know one young man who is from the tribe of Benjamin. All his ancestors are members, all from the tibe of Ephriam but he is an exception! Hmmmm...

After some inquiry, seems the tribal thing is not about actual lineage but about purpose. OK... whatever!

:-)

~dancer~
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

truth dancer wrote:I know a few folks from additional tribes... I know one young man who is from the tribe of Benjamin. All his ancestors are members, all from the tibe of Ephriam but he is an exception! Hmmmm...

After some inquiry, seems the tribal thing is not about actual lineage but about purpose. OK... whatever!

:-)

~dancer~

Back when I was a missionary, it was believed that most "Lamanites" were from the tribe of Manassah. At a zone conference in La Paz, Bolivia, our mission president asked everyone to stand, and then had all those from the tribe of Ephraim to sit down. There were only about 3 or 4 (out of at least 100 missionaries) who were not from Ephraim, and I believe that only one of those remaining standing was from Manassah.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

truth dancer wrote:I know a few folks from additional tribes... I know one young man who is from the tribe of Benjamin. All his ancestors are members, all from the tibe of Ephriam but he is an exception! Hmmmm...

Oh, it's about lineage all right. As for the one young man to whom you refer--the one from a different tribe--well, let's just say his mother got a little too wild out on the town one night. . .
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley