Mormonism the "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" religion

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Mittens
_Emeritus

Mormonism the "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" religion

Post by _Mittens »

For behold, the day cometh that shall burn as an oven, and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly shall burn as stubble; for they that come shall burn them, saith the Lord of Hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
And again, he quoted the fifth verse thus: Behold, I will reveal unto you the Priesthood, by the hand of Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
(Pearl of Great Price, Joseph Smith 2:38

Doctrine and Covenant 128
17 And again, in connection with this quotation I will give you a quotation from one of the prophets, who had his eye fixed on the restoration of the priesthood, the glories to be revealed in the last days, and in an especial manner this most glorious of all subjects belonging to the everlasting gospel, namely, the baptism for the dead; for Malachi says, last chapter, verses 5th and 6th: Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

3 Nephi 25: 5

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord;

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse

Malachi

CHAPTER 4

Judgment on the wicked -- Blessing on the good -- The study of the law -- Elijah's coming.

1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble; and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.

4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord;

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”

Joseph Smith Translation

Articles of Faith
8 We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

We have 5 different Mormon Publications, 4 read the same yet Pearl of Great Price is different yet in the Articles of Faith we have the warning the Bible could be mistranslated incorrectly yet the Bible reads like four of the Mormon so-called scripture. So do Mormon go "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" to pick that one that suits them
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve
_mocnarf
_Emeritus

Re: Mormonism the "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" religion

Post by _mocnarf »

The God you spoke of in those references, certainly sounds like the Muslim god Allah. It seems to me that these types of gods and would not want to have anything to do with. They are psychopaths. Have you ever seen a person burnt to stubble? You ought to watch what the Muslim god had his followers do to that Jordanian pilot. Do a search for the video on YouTube. It is absolutely horrific.

And the Mormon god calls for the same thing to happen to some of "His"children. What ever happened to "unconditional love" ? These Gods are psychopaths and why anyone would want to be a follower of them and will never understand.
Aim at at nothing and you're sure to hit it.