Archaeological Evidence for the Old Testament (For Polygamy Porter)

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_KerryAShirts
_Emeritus

Post by _KerryAShirts »

Sono hito:
That argument can be used to confirm anything you want from racism, sexism, confirming the correctness of the actions of the nazi's, that the earth is flat, that santa is real, or whatever! Its not something that can be used consistantly on anything at all. If you in fact want to hedge all bets on that, then by my accounts with god(the divine), my religion is correct, and you are a member of one of the worst cults that i know.

An opinion I would disagree with, of course.
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Backyard Professor wrote:Sono hito:
That argument can be used to confirm anything you want from racism, sexism, confirming the correctness of the actions of the nazi's, that the earth is flat, that santa is real, or whatever! Its not something that can be used consistantly on anything at all. If you in fact want to hedge all bets on that, then by my accounts with god(the divine), my religion is correct, and you are a member of one of the worst cults that i know.

An opinion I would disagree with, of course.

Of course, since God wouldn't confirm anything contradictory to Mormonism, right?
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...