Bible verse by verse

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Re: Bible verse by verse

Post by _LittleNipper »

Revelation 2:1-29

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Ephesus, write: ‘Here is the message from the One who holds the 7 stars in His right hand and walks among the 7 gold menorahs:

“I recognize what you have been doing, how hard you have strived, how you have persevered, and how you can’t stand wicked people; so you tested those who call themselves apostles but aren’t — and you found them to be liars.

You are persevering, and you have suffered for My sake tirelessly.

But I hold this against you: you have lost the love you had at the start.

So, remember where you were before you fell, turn from this sin, and do what you used to do previously. Otherwise, I will come to you and remove your menorah from its position — if you don’t turn from your sin!

But you certainly have this in your favor: you hate what the Nicolaitans do — I hate it also.

Those with ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic congregations. The person winning the victory I will give the right to eat from the Tree of Life which is in God’s Eden.”’

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Smyrna, write: ‘Here is the message from the First through Last, who died and arose:

“I recognize that you are suffering and how poor you are (though in fact you possess much), and I know the insults of those who call themselves Jews but aren’t — quite the contrary, they are a synagogue of Satan.

Don’t be afraid of what you are about to suffer. You see, Satan is going to have some of you thrown in prison, in order to test you; and you will face an ordeal for 10 days. Remain faithful, even to the point of death; and I will give you life as your crown.

Those with ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic congregations. He who wins the victory will not be at all injured by the second death.”’

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Pergamum, write: ‘Here is the message from the one who can both help and hurt at the same time:

“I recognize where you are living, there where Satan's throne resides. Yet you cling onto My name. You did not deny trusting Me even at the moment when My faithful witness Antipas was put to death in your town, there where Satan resides.

Regardless, I have a few things against you: you have some people who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to set a trap for the people of Israel, so that they would eat food that had been sacrificed to idols and commit sexual perversion.

Additionally, you too have people who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans.

Therefore, turn from these sins. Otherwise, I will come to you very soon and make war against them with the sword of my mouth.

Those with ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic congregations. To him winning the victory I will present some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white tablet, on which is written a new name that nobody knows except the One receiving it.”’

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Thyatira, write: ‘Here is the message from the Son of God, whose eyes are like a burning flame and whose feet are like burnished brass:

I recognize what you are doing, your love, trust, service and perseverance. And I know that you are doing more now than preveiously.

But I hold this against you: you continue to tolerate that Jezebel woman, the one claiming to be a prophet, but is teaching and deceiving my servants to commit sexual perversion and eat food that has been sacrificed to idols.

I gave her time to turn from her sin, but she doesn’t want to repent of her immorality.

So I am throwing her into a sickbed; and those who commit adultery with her I am throwing into great trouble, unless they turn from the sins connected with what she does;

and I will strike her children dead! Then all the Messianic congregations will realize that I Am the One who searches minds and hearts, and that I will give to each of you what your deeds deserve.

But to the rest of you in Thyatira, to those who do not regard this teaching, who have not learned what some people call the ‘deep things’ of Satan, I say this: I am not loading you up with yet another burden;

only hold tight to what you have until I come.

To him who wins the victory and does what I want until the goal is reached, I will give him authority over the nations.

He will rule them with an iron staff and dash them to pieces like pottery.

As I have received authority from My Father. I will also present him the morning star.

Those with ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic congregations.”’

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

1 `To the messenger of the Ephesian assembly write: These things saith he who is holding the seven stars in his right hand, who is walking in the midst of the seven lamp-stands -- the golden:

2 I have known thy works, and thy labour, and thy endurance, and that thou art not able to bear evil ones, and that thou hast tried those saying themselves to be apostles and are not, and hast found them liars,

3 and thou didst bear, and hast endurance, and because of my name hast toiled, and hast not been weary.

4 `But I have against thee: That thy first love thou didst leave!

5 remember, then, whence thou hast fallen, and reform, and the first works do; and if not, I come to thee quickly, and will remove thy lamp-stand from its place -- if thou mayest not reform;

6 but this thou hast, that thou dost hate the works of the Nicolaitans, that I also hate.

7 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies: To him who is overcoming -- I will give to him to eat of the tree of life that is in the midst of the paradise of God.

8 `And to the messenger of the assembly of the Smyrneans write: These things saith the First and the Last, who did become dead and did live;

9 I have known thy works, and tribulation, and poverty -- yet thou art rich -- and the evil-speaking of those saying themselves to be Jews, and are not, but [are] a synagogue of the Adversary.

10 `Be not afraid of the things that thou art about to suffer; lo, the devil is about to cast of you to prison, that ye may be tried, and ye shall have tribulation ten days; become thou faithful unto death, and I will give to thee the crown of the life.

11 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies: He who is overcoming may not be injured of the second death.

12 `And to the messenger of the assembly in Pergamos write: These things saith he who is having the sharp two-edged sword:

13 I have known thy works, and where thou dost dwell -- where the throne of the Adversary [is] -- and thou dost hold fast my name, and thou didst not deny my faith, even in the days in which Antipas [was] my faithful witness, who was put to death beside you, where the Adversary doth dwell.

14 `But I have against thee a few things: That thou hast there those holding the teaching of Balaam, who did teach Balak to cast a stumbling-block before the sons of Israel, to eat idol-sacrifices, and to commit whoredom;

15 so hast thou, even thou, those holding the teaching of the Nicolaitans -- which thing I hate.

16 `Reform! and if not, I come to thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

17 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies: To him who is overcoming, I will give to him to eat from the hidden manna, and will give to him a white stone, and upon the stone a new name written, that no one knew except him who is receiving [it].

18 `And to the messenger of the assembly of Thyatira write: These things saith the Son of God, who is having his eyes as a flame of fire, and his feet like to fine brass;

19 I have known thy works, and love, and ministration, and faith, and thy endurance, and thy works -- and the last [are] more than the first.

20 `But I have against thee a few things: That thou dost suffer the woman Jezebel, who is calling herself a prophetess, to teach, and to lead astray, my servants to commit whoredom, and idol-sacrifices to eat;

21 and I did give to her a time that she might reform from her whoredom, and she did not reform;

22 lo, I will cast her into a couch, and those committing adultery with her into great tribulation -- if they may not repent of their works,

23 and her children I will kill in death, and know shall all the assemblies that I am he who is searching reins and hearts; and I will give to you -- to each -- according to your works.

24 `And to you I say, and to the rest who are in Thyatira, as many as have not this teaching, and who did not know the depths of the Adversary, as they say; I will not put upon you other burden;

25 but that which ye have -- hold ye, till I may come;

26 and he who is overcoming, and who is keeping unto the end my works, I will give to him authority over the nations,

27 and he shall rule them with a rod of iron -- as the vessels of the potter they shall be broken -- as I also have received from my Father;

28 and I will give to him the morning star.

29 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

LittleNipper wrote:Irenaeus (A.D. 180), a student of Polycarp (a disciple of the apostle John), wrote that the apocalyptic vision “was seen not very long ago, almost in our own generation, at the close of the reign of Domitian” Against Heresies 30. The testimony of Irenaeus, not long after the apostolic age, is first rate. Irenaeus places Revelation near the end of Domitian’s reign --- who died in A.D. 96. Irenaeus seems unaware of any other view for the date of the book of Revelation.

While both the Evangelical Christian Church and the LDS Church states that John the Apostle is the author of the Book of Revelation, there is still a bit of debate over who is the real author of this Book.

From Wikipedia:

The author names himself in the text as "John", but his precise identity remains a point of academic debate. Second century Christian writers such as Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Melito the bishop of Sardis, and Clement of Alexandria and the author of the Muratorian fragment identify John the Apostle as the "John" of Revelation.[1] Modern scholarship generally takes a different view,[2] and many consider that nothing can be known about the author except that he was a Christian prophet.[3] Some modern scholars characterise Revelation's author as a putative figure whom they call "John of Patmos". The bulk of traditional sources date the book to the reign of the emperor Domitian (AD 81–96), and the evidence tends to confirm this.[4]

Tradition links him to John the Apostle, but it is unlikely that the apostle could have lived into the most likely time for the book's composition, the reign of Domitian, and the author never states that he knew Jesus.[7] All that is known is that this John was a Jewish Christian prophet, probably belonging to a group of such prophets, and was accepted as such by the congregations to whom he addresses his letter.[4][8] His precise identity remains unknown,[9] and modern scholarship commonly refers to him as John of Patmos. [10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation

The Book of Mormon though proclaims that John the Apostle is the author of the Book of Revelation.

1 Nephi 14:

[24] And behold, the things which this apostle of the Lamb shall write are many things which thou hast seen; and behold, the remainder shalt thou see.

[25] But the things which thou shalt see hereafter thou shalt not write; for the Lord God hath ordained the apostle of the Lamb of God that he should write them.

[26] And also others who have been, to them hath he shown all things, and they have written them; and they are sealed up to come forth in their purity, according to the truth which is in the Lamb, in the own due time of the Lord, unto the house of Israel.

[27] And I, Nephi, heard and bear record, that the name of the apostle of the Lamb was John, according to the word of the angel.

[28] And behold, I, Nephi, am forbidden that I should write the remainder of the things which I saw and heard; wherefore the things which I have written sufficeth me; and I have written but a small part of the things which I saw.

And here is Revelation Chapter One from the New King James Version:

Revelation 1 (NKJV)

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

4 John, to the seven churches which are in Asia:

Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth.

To Him who loved us and washed[a] us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; 15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; 16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. 19 Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this. 20 The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw[j] are the seven churches.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Revelation 3:1-22

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Sardis, write: ‘Here is the message from the One who possesses the 7 Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know what you're about — you have a reputation for being lively, but in fact you are dead!

Wake up, and correct what remains, before it dies too! For I have found what you are doing incomplete in the sight of My God.

So remember what you gained and heard, and obey it, and turn from your sin! For if you don’t snap out of it, I will come like a thief; and you don’t know at what moment I will come to you.

Nevertheless, you do have a few people in Sardis who have not messed their clothes; and they will walk with Me, clothed in white, because they are worthy.

He who wins the victory will, like them, be dressed in white clothing; and I will not blot his name from the Book of Life; in fact, I will declare him specifically before My Father and before His angels.

Those with ears, let them hear what the Spirit is telling the Messianic congregations.”’

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Philadelphia, write: ‘Here is the message of holiness, the True One, the One who has the key of David, who, if He opens something, no one else can close it, and if He closes something, no one else can reveal it.

“I realize what you are about. See, I have put in front of you an open door, and no one can shut it. I know that you have but little power, yet you have obeyed My message and have not disowned Me.

Here, I will give you some from the synagogue of Satan, those who call themselves Jews but aren’t — quite the contrary, they are lying. Observe, I will cause them to come and prostrate themselves at your feet, and they will realize that I have loved you.

Since you did obey My message regarding persistence, I will keep you from the time of trial coming upon the entire world to put the people residing on earth to the test.

I Am coming soon; hold on to what you possess, so that no one will remove your crown.

I will make him who wins the victory a support in the Temple of My God, and he will never leave it. Also I will write upon him the name of My God and the name of My God’s city (the new Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from my God) and My personal new name.

Those with ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic songregations.”’

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Laodicea, write: ‘Here is the message from the so be it, the faithful and true witness, the monarch of God’s creation:

“I know what you are about: you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were either one or the other!

So, because you are tepid, neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of my mouth!

For you keep saying, ‘I am wealthy, I have gotten rich,

I don’t need any thing!’ You don’t know that you are the one who is wretched, pitiable, poor, blind and naked!

My advice to you is to purchase from Me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich; and white clothing, so that you may be dressed and not have to be ashamed of your nudity; and eye salve to rub on your eyes, so that you may perceive.

As for Me, I rebuke and discipline everyone I love; so exert yourselves, and turn from your sins!

Here, I’m standing at the door, knocking. If someone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he will eat with Me.

I will let him who wins the victory sit with Me upon My throne, just as I Myself also won the victory and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Those having ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic congregations.”’”

1 And to the messenger of the assembly in Sardis write: These things saith he who is having the Seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars: I have known thy works, and that thou hast the name that thou dost live, and thou art dead;

2 become watching, and strengthen the rest of the things that are about to die, for I have not found thy works fulfilled before God.

3 `Remember, then, how thou hast received, and heard, and be keeping, and reform: if, then, thou mayest not watch, I will come upon thee as a thief, and thou mayest not know what hour I will come upon thee.

4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis who did not defile their garments, and they shall walk with me in white, because they are worthy.

5 He who is overcoming -- this one -- shall be arrayed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the scroll of the life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before His messengers.

6 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies.

7 `And to the messenger of the assembly in Philadelphia write: These things saith he who is holy, he who is true, he who is having the key of David, he who is opening and no one doth shut, and he shutteth and no one doth open!

8 I have known thy works; lo, I have set before thee a door -- opened, and no one is able to shut it, because thou hast a little power, and didst keep my word, and didst not deny my name;

9 lo, I make of the synagogue of the Adversary those saying themselves to be Jews, and are not, but do lie; lo, I will make them that they may come and bow before thy feet, and may know that I loved thee.

10 `Because thou didst keep the word of my endurance, I also will keep thee from the hour of the trial that is about to come upon all the world, to try those dwelling upon the earth.

11 Lo, I come quickly, be holding fast that which thou hast, that no one may receive thy crown.

12 He who is overcoming -- I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of my God, and without he may not go any more, and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, that doth come down out of the heaven from my God -- also my new name.

13 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies.

14 `And to the messenger of the assembly of the Laodiceans write: These things saith the Amen, the witness -- the faithful and true -- the chief of the creation of God;

15 I have known thy works, that neither cold art thou nor hot; I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So -- because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I am about to vomit thee out of my mouth;

17 because thou sayest -- I am rich, and have grown rich, and have need of nothing, and hast not known that thou art the wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked,

18 I counsel thee to buy from me gold fired by fire, that thou mayest be rich, and white garments that thou mayest be arrayed, and the shame of thy nakedness may not be manifest, and with eye-salve anoint thine eyes, that thou mayest see.

19 `As many as I love, I do convict and chasten; be zealous, then, and reform;

20 lo, I have stood at the door, and I knock; if any one may hear my voice, and may open the door, I will come in unto him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 He who is overcoming -- I will give to him to sit with me in my throne, as I also did overcome and did sit down with my Father in His throne.

22 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies.'
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Links to Revelation Chapters 4 and 5 from the King James Version:

1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Re ... Chapter-4/

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Re ... Chapter-5/
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Revelation 4:1-11

1 After these things I saw, and lo, a door opened in the heaven, and the first voice that I heard [is] as of a trumpet speaking with me, saying, `Come up hither, and I will shew thee what it behoveth to come to pass after these things;'

2 and immediately I was in the Spirit, and lo, a throne was set in the heaven, and upon the throne is [one] sitting,

3 and He who is sitting was in sight like a stone, jasper and sardine: and a rainbow was round the throne in sight like an emerald.

4 And around the throne [are] thrones twenty and four, and upon the thrones I saw the twenty and four elders sitting, clothed in white garments, and they had upon their heads crowns of gold;

5 and out of the throne proceed do lightnings, and thunders, and voices; and seven lamps of fire are burning before the throne, which are the Seven Spirits of God,

6 and before the throne [is] a sea of glass like to crystal, and in the midst of the throne, and round the throne, [are] four living creatures, full of eyes before and behind;

7 and the first living creature [is] like a lion, and the second living creature [is] like a calf, and the third living creature hath the face as a man, and the fourth living creature [is] like an eagle flying.

8 And the four living creatures, each by itself severally, had six wings, around and within [are] full of eyes, and rest they have not day and night, saying, `Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was, and who is, and who is coming;'

9 and when the living creatures do give glory, and honour, and thanks, to Him who is sitting upon the throne, who is living to the ages of the ages,

10 fall down do the twenty and four elders before Him who is sitting upon the throne, and bow before Him who is living to the ages of the ages, and they cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 `Worthy art Thou, O Lord, to receive the glory, and the honour, and the power, because Thou -- Thou didst create the all things, and because of Thy will are they, and they were created.'
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Revelation 4:1-11

After the aforementioned... I looked -- and there before me was an entry in heaven left open; and the voice like a trumpet which I had heard speaking with me said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after these things.”

Instantly I was in the Spirit, and there in front of me in heaven stood a throne, and on the throne Someone was seated.

The One sitting there gleamed like diamonds and rubies, and a rainbow shining like emerald surrounded the throne.

Surrounding the throne were 24 additional thrones, and on the thrones sat 24 elders dressed in white clothing and wearing gold crowns on their heads.

From the throne radiated lightnings, voices and thunderings; and before the throne were 7 flaming torches, which are the sevenfold Spirit of God.

In front of the throne was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

In the center, around the throne, were 4 living beings covered with eyes in front and behind.

The 1st living being was like a lion, the 2nd living being was like an ox, the 3rd living being had a face that looked human, and the 4th living being was like a flying eagle.

Each of the 4 living beings had 6 wings and was covered with eyes inside and out; and day and night they never stop saying,

“Holy, holy, holy is Adonai, God of heaven’s armies --- the One who was, is and is coming!”

And whenever the living beings give glory, honor and thanks to the One sitting on the throne, to the One who lives forever and for eternity,

the 24 elders fall down before the One sitting on the throne, who lives forever and for eternity, and worship Him. They tossed their crowns in front of the throne and say,

“You are worthy, Dear Lord, to have glory, honor and power, because you created everything — absolutely, because of your will they were created
and came into existance!”

1 After these things I saw, and lo, a door opened in the heaven, and the first voice that I heard [is] as of a trumpet speaking with me, saying, `Come up hither, and I will shew thee what it behoveth to come to pass after these things;'

2 and immediately I was in the Spirit, and lo, a throne was set in the heaven, and upon the throne is [one] sitting,

3 and He who is sitting was in sight like a stone, jasper and sardine: and a rainbow was round the throne in sight like an emerald.

4 And around the throne [are] thrones twenty and four, and upon the thrones I saw the twenty and four elders sitting, clothed in white garments, and they had upon their heads crowns of gold;

5 and out of the throne proceed do lightnings, and thunders, and voices; and seven lamps of fire are burning before the throne, which are the Seven Spirits of God,

6 and before the throne [is] a sea of glass like to crystal, and in the midst of the throne, and round the throne, [are] four living creatures, full of eyes before and behind;

7 and the first living creature [is] like a lion, and the second living creature [is] like a calf, and the third living creature hath the face as a man, and the fourth living creature [is] like an eagle flying.

8 And the four living creatures, each by itself severally, had six wings, around and within [are] full of eyes, and rest they have not day and night, saying, `Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was, and who is, and who is coming;'

9 and when the living creatures do give glory, and honour, and thanks, to Him who is sitting upon the throne, who is living to the ages of the ages,

10 fall down do the twenty and four elders before Him who is sitting upon the throne, and bow before Him who is living to the ages of the ages, and they cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 `Worthy art Thou, O Lord, to receive the glory, and the honour, and the power, because Thou -- Thou didst create the all things, and because of Thy will are they, and they were created.'
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Revelation 5:1-14

Next I observed in the right hand of the One seated on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with 7 seals.

And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming loudly, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?”

But no one in heaven, on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or look within it.

I wept, because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or look inside.

One of the elders told me, “Don’t cry. Observe, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has won the right to open the scroll and its 7 seals.”

Then I saw standing there with the throne and the 4 living beings, in the circle of the elders, a Lamb that appeared to have been slaughtered ---with 7 horns and 7 eyes, being the 7 Spirits of God sent out over all the earth.

He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of the One sitting on the throne.

When He took the scroll, the 4 living beings and the 24 elders fell down in front of the Lamb. Each one held a harp and gold bowls filled with pieces of incense, being the prayers of God’s people;

and they sang a new song, “You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals; because You were sacrificed; at the price of blood You ransomed for God persons from every tribe, language, people and nation.

You made them into a kingdom for God to rule --- priests to serve Him;
and they will rule over the earth.”

Then I observed, and I heard the sound of a vast number of angels — thousands and thousands, millions and millions! They were all around the throne, the living beings and the elders.

And they shouted out, “Worthy is the slaughtered Lamb to receive power, riches, wisdom, strength, honor, glory and praise!”

And I heard every creature in heaven, on earth, under the earth and on the sea ----- Absolutely, everything in them — proclaiming, “To the One seated upon the throne and to the Lamb belong praise, honor, glory and power forever and always!”

The 4 living beings said, “So be it!” and the elders fell down and worshipped.

1 And I saw upon the right hand of Him who is sitting upon the throne a scroll, written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals;

2 and I saw a strong messenger crying with a great voice, `Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose the seals of it?'

3 and no one was able in the heaven, nor upon the earth, nor under the earth, to open the scroll, nor to behold it.

4 And I was weeping much, because no one was found worthy to open and to read the scroll, nor to behold it,

5 and one of the elders saith to me, `Weep not; lo, overcome did the Lion, who is of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, to open the scroll, and to loose the seven seals of it;

6 and I saw, and lo, in the midst of the throne, and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, a Lamb hath stood as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the Seven Spirits of God, which are sent to all the earth,

7 and he came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who is sitting upon the throne.

8 And when he took the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell before the Lamb, having each one harps and golden vials full of perfumes, which are the prayers of the saints,

9 and they sing a new song, saying, `Worthy art thou to take the scroll, and to open the seals of it, because thou wast slain, and didst redeem us to God in thy blood, out of every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation,

10 and didst make us to our God kings and priests, and we shall reign upon the earth.'

11 And I saw, and I heard the voice of many messengers round the throne, and the living creatures, and the elders -- and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands --

12 saying with a great voice, `Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive the power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing!'

13 and every creature that is in the heaven, and in the earth, and under the earth, and the things that are upon the sea, and the all things in them, heard I saying, `To Him who is sitting upon the throne, and to the Lamb, [is] the blessing, and the honour, and the glory, and the might -- to the ages of the ages!'

14 and the four living creatures said, `Amen!' and the twenty-four elders fell down and they bow before Him who is living to the ages of the ages.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Revelation 6:1-17

Next I observed as the Lamb broke the first of the 7 seals, and I heard one of the 4 living beings say in a thundering voice, “Go!”

I looked, and there in front of me was a white horse; its rider had a bow and was given authority; and he rode off as a conqueror to conquer.

When He broke the second seal, I heard the 2nd living being say, “Go!”

Another horse went out, a red one; and its rider was given the power to remove peace from the earth and make people kill each other. He was given a mighty sword.

When He broke the 3rd seal, I heard the 3rd living being say, “Go!” I observed, and there in front of me was a black horse, and its rider held in his hand a pair of scales.

Then I heard what sounded like some voice from among the 4 living beings say, “2 pounds of wheat for a day’s wages! 6 pounds of barley for the same price! But don’t harm the oil or the wine!”

When he broke the 4th seal, I heard the voice of the 4th living being say, “Go!”

I observed, and there in front of me was a pallid, sickly-looking horse. Its rider’s name was Death, and Hell followed behind him. They were given authority to kill 1/4 of the world by war, by famine, by plagues and along with the wild animals of the earth.

When the Lamb broke the 5th seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been murdered for proclaiming the Word of God, that is, for bearing witness.

They cried out loud, “Sovereign Ruler, Holy, True One, how long will it be before You judge the people living on earth and avenge our death?”

Each of them was provided with a robe of white; and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow-servants should be reached, of their brothers who would be killed --- as they had been.

Then I watched as He broke the 6th seal, and there was a horrific earthquake, the sun blacked as sackcloth worn in mourning, and the full moon became blood-red.

And stars decended from heaven to earth just as a fig tree drops figs when shaken by a strong wind.

The sky receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was disturbed from its spot.

Then the earth’s kings, the rulers, the generals, the wealthy and the mighty — in fact, everyone, slave and free — hid himself in caves and among the rocks in the mountains,

and said to the mountains and rocks, “Cover us, and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne and from the anger of the Lamb!

For the Great Day of fury has come, and who will survive?”

1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying, as it were a voice of thunder, `Come and behold!'

2 and I saw, and lo, a white horse, and he who is sitting upon it is having a bow, and there was given to him a crown, and he went forth overcoming, and that he may overcome.

3 And when he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, `Come and behold!'

4 and there went forth another horse -- red, and to him who is sitting upon it, there was given to him to take the peace from the land, and that one another they may slay, and there was given to him a great sword.

5 And when he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, `Come and behold!' and I saw, and lo, a black horse, and he who is sitting upon it is having a balance in his hand,

6 and I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, `A measure of wheat for a denary, and three measures of barley for a denary,' and `The oil and the wine thou mayest not injure.'

7 And when he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, `Come and behold!'

8 and I saw, and lo, a pale horse, and he who is sitting upon him -- his name is Death, and Hades doth follow with him, and there was given to them authority to kill, (over the fourth part of the land,) with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and by the beasts of the land.

9 And when he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony that they held,

10 and they were crying with a great voice, saying, `Till when, O Master, the Holy and the True, dost Thou not judge and take vengeance of our blood from those dwelling upon the land?'

11 and there was given to each one white robes, and it was said to them that they may rest themselves yet a little time, till may be fulfilled also their fellow-servants and their brethren, who are about to be killed -- even as they.

12 And I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and lo, a great earthquake came, and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood,

13 and the stars of the heaven fell to the earth -- as a fig-tree doth cast her winter figs, by a great wind being shaken --

14 and heaven departed as a scroll rolled up, and every mountain and island -- out of their places they were moved;

15 and the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich, and the chiefs of thousands, and the mighty, and every servant, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens, and in the rocks of the mountains,

16 and they say to the mountains and to the rocks, `Fall upon us, and hide us from the face of Him who is sitting upon the throne, and from the anger of the Lamb,'

17 because come did the great day of His anger, and who is able to stand?
Last edited by Guest on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Revelation 7:1-17

Following this, I observed 4 angels stationed equally about the earth, withholding the quadrant winds of the earth, so that no wind would blow on the land, on the sea or through any tree.

I saw another angel headed out from the east with a seal from the living God, and he yelled to the 4 angels who had been given power to disrupt the land and the sea,

“Do not disrupt the land or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads!”

I heard how many were sealed — 144,000 from every tribe of the people of Israel:

From the tribe of Y’hudah 12,000 were sealed
from the tribe of Re’uven 12,000
from the tribe of Gad, 12,000

from the tribe of Asher 12,000
from the tribe of Naftali 12,000
from the tribe of M’nasheh 12,000

from the tribe of Shim‘on 12,000
from the tribe of Levi 12,000
from the tribe of Yissakhar 12,000

from the tribe of Z’vulun 12,000
from the tribe of Yosef 12,000
from the tribe of Binyamin 12,000

Following this, I observed before me was a huge crowd, far too tremendous for anyone to number, from every nation, tribe, people and language. They were standing in front of the throne and in front of the Lamb, dressed in white robes and holding palm branches in their hands-------

Shouting: “Victory to our God, sitting on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

All the angels stood around the throne, the elders and the 4 living beings; they fell face down before the throne and worshipped God, saying,

"So be it! Praise and glory, wisdom and thanks, honor and power and strength belong to our God forever and eternally! So be it!”

One of the elders questioned me, “These people dressed in white robes — who are they, and where are they from?”

“Sir,” I answered, “I'm sure you know.” Then he informed me, “These are the people who have come out of the Great Persecution. They have washed their robes and made them pure with the blood of the Lamb.

That is why they are before God’s throne.

“Day and night they serve Him in His Temple. And the One who sits on the throne will place His glory upon them.

“They will never again be hungry or thirsty. The sun will not beat down on them, nor will any burning heat.

“For the Lamb at the center of the throne will protect them --- leading them to fountains of living water, and God will remove every tear from their eyes.”

1 And after these things I saw four messengers, standing upon the four corners of the land, holding the four winds of the land, that the wind may not blow upon the land, nor upon the sea, nor upon any tree;

2 and I saw another messenger going up from the rising of the sun, having a seal of the living God, and he did cry with a great voice to the four messengers, to whom it was given to injure the land and the sea, saying,

3 `Do not injure the land, nor the sea, nor the trees, till we may seal the servants of our God upon their foreheads.'

4 And I heard the number of those sealed, (144 thousands were sealed out of all the tribes of the sons of Israel):

5 of the tribe of Judah 12 thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Reuben 12 thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Gad 12 thousand were sealed;

6 of the tribe of Asher 12 thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Naphtali 12 thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Manasseh 12 thousand were sealed;

7 of the tribe of Simeon 12 thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Levi 12 thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Issachar 12 thousand were sealed;

8 of the tribe of Zebulun 12 thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Joseph 12 thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Benjamin 12 thousand were sealed.

9 After these things I saw, and lo, a great multitude, which to number no one was able, out of all nations, and tribes, and peoples, and tongues,
standing before the throne, and before the Lamb, arrayed in white robes, and palms in their hands,

10 and crying with a great voice, saying, `The salvation [is] to Him who is sitting upon the throne -- to our God, and to the Lamb!'

11 And all the messengers stood around the throne, and the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell upon their face, and bowed before God,

12 saying, `Amen! the blessing, and the glory, and the wisdom, and the thanksgiving, and the honour, and the power, and the strength, [are] to our God -- to the ages of the ages! Amen!'

13 And answer did one of the elders, saying to me, `These, who have been arrayed with the white robes -- who are they, and whence came they?'

14 and I have said to him, `Sir, thou hast known;' and he said to me, `These are those who are coming out of the great tribulation, and they did wash their robes, and they made their robes white in the blood of the Lamb;

15 because of this are they before the throne of God, and they do service to Him day and night in His sanctuary, and He who is sitting upon the throne shall tabernacle over them;

16 they shall not hunger any more, nor may the sun fall upon them, nor any heat,

17 because the Lamb that [is] in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters, and wipe away shall God every tear from their eyes.'
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Revelation 6:1-2 (KJV)

1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Who is the guy that sat on the white horse???