It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Don Bradley’s Kinderhook Bomb
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:32 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
Philo Sofee wrote:
Not to resurrect This Thread facetiously however this was a spectacular trip. I hope we can get dreads like this more often here. I hope we haven't run through the whole gamut of interesting discussions.

Thanks for resurrecting a few of these threads, facetiously or not!

There are a lot of people who, for whatever reason, did not catch all of these threads the first time around; for some, many aspects of the information are new, so the indulgence of those more experienced is appreciated in allowing conversations to repeat. Although I have done a fair amount of background reading here to try to get up to speed on current topics, I am continually (and pleasantly) surprised by dormant threads that come to the surface every so often.

Me too! I mean this place is a frickin GOLD MINE

Science is not reliable because it provides certainty. It is reliable because it provides us with the best answers we have at present. And it is reliability we need, not certainty. The most credible answers are the ones given by science, because science is the search for the most credible answers available, not for answers pretending to certainty. Carlo Rovelli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:13 pm 
Dragon

Philo Sofee wrote:
Lemmie wrote:

There are a lot of people who, for whatever reason, did not catch all of these threads the first time around; for some, many aspects of the information are new, so the indulgence of those more experienced is appreciated in allowing conversations to repeat. Although I have done a fair amount of background reading here to try to get up to speed on current topics, I am continually (and pleasantly) surprised by dormant threads that come to the surface every so often.

Me too! I mean this place is a frickin GOLD MINE

You know that the comments that Don and I had on this thread turned into a long private conversation and collaboration about the KP. We discovered some new things and came to some interesting conclusions. He has his, and I, mine, but the researching and sharing we've done has benefited us both greatly. My respect and admiration for Don has only grown as a result of our conversations.

Riding on a speeding train;
trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain;
Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world
can change your direction:
One step where events converge
may alter your perception.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:09 am 
God

Grindael

Quote:
You know that the comments that Don and I had on this thread turned into a long private conversation and collaboration about the KP. We discovered some new things and came to some interesting conclusions. He has his, and I, mine, but the researching and sharing we've done has benefited us both greatly. My respect and admiration for Don has only grown as a result of our conversations.

I second that motion he is a cool Bean.

Science is not reliable because it provides certainty. It is reliable because it provides us with the best answers we have at present. And it is reliability we need, not certainty. The most credible answers are the ones given by science, because science is the search for the most credible answers available, not for answers pretending to certainty. Carlo Rovelli

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:03 pm 
abstract

Nightlion wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Uh. Facts do, indeed, change the way we view the world. For example, when I discovered Joseph Smith used a rock to 'receive' the Book of Mormon it completely changed the way I viewed the "translation" especially given the fact the plates, unlike they're depicted in Church art, were never used.

I don't need to Matrix-level bend reality in order to understand it. When new, incontrovertible evidence is placed before me, my understanding of reality becomes clearer.

- Doc

You do not know the facts at all. Just because Joseph Smith used a hat so he could more easily read what the Lord wrote changes nothing about the Book of Mormon. Joseph was given the plates to study and know that the book actually existed and was in need of translation. Now he could keep them safe and simply receive the dictation of the Lord being a seer he would see with the eyes of a seer. YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW A SEER SEES.

Critical thinking this is not. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:43 pm 
God

Nightlion wrote:
YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW A SEER SEES.

Nightlion, you might even ask him to ponder:

How much stuff does a SEER SEE
when a SEER SEES his stuff?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:59 pm 
God

How much seeing can a seer see,
If a seer could see the sea?
A seer could see the seeing sea
If he sees the sea of C's.....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:03 pm 
Dragon

And the seer sees his saw
And the children ride along, they ride along.

Riding on a speeding train;
trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain;
Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world
can change your direction:
One step where events converge
may alter your perception.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16