A most amazing event

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_harmony
_Emeritus

A most amazing event

Post by _harmony »

I don't know if anyone but me is in awe at the discussion that's going on pinned to the top of this forum. We've got some really heavy hitters in a deep discussion that's pretty amazing in its depth and breadth. Dan Vogel, Dale Broadhurst, and Brent Metcalfe, all on the same thread... and no Juliann to mess it up! Sweet!

Well done, Shades, for providing such high class discussion. And they (we all know who) said it couldn't be done!
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

I agree 100%. My area of deepest interest being intelligently discussed by the most knowledgeable people thereof--it just doesn't get any better than this!

I'd been waiting for that thread to happen for years.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Those guys might think their arguing is futile, but it's a wonderful discussion. I'm going to have to wait for a long weekend when I can give it the full read it deserves, but I have read a lot of indepth material I've never seen before.

Let me go on record by saying, I really appreciate the time you guys (I use guys to include the smart ladies too) have spent typing up all this stuff. Thank you so much!!!
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Just wish I had time to keep up with it. At some point I will print it out to read at my leasure.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Yes, harmony, I agree with you a thousand percent! This is what good topical discussion looks like without the interference of derailment and game playing. I so respect the posters who have taken their time to contribute to the Spalding/Rigdon theory, my only disappointment is that Craig Criddle could not be present to participate. I hope that Shades will keep the discussion pinned long after it has wound down so that we can study and absorb it.

Love it!

Jersey Girl
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

Post by _Pokatator »

I said in the "Should we shut down FAIR/MADD?" thread, that the only way to shut down MAD was with great discussions like the one pinned above. I welcome the scholarship that is presented there. I learn a lot. It has gone on with little or no drive by snyping and no moderation. I believe the experiment is a great success. I welcome more and more of it. It is a refreshing change from the "FAIR?"/MAD so called scholarly discussions.

THANX to all....
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Pokatator wrote:I said in the "Should we shut down FAIR/MADD?" thread, that the only way to shut down MAD was with great discussions like the one pinned above. I welcome the scholarship that is presented there. I learn a lot. It has gone on with little or no drive by snyping and no moderation. I believe the experiment is a great success. I welcome more and more of it. It is a refreshing change from the "FAIR?"/MAD so called scholarly discussions.

THANX to all....

Perhaps one of the reasons it has gone on with no sniping and such is because that a majority of the posters on this board are open to learning and have politely stepped aside (as asked) and allowed those with the greater knowledge to do their work.

Jersey Girl