It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DC Comics Jesus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:06 pm 
God

https://www.christianpost.com/news/dc-c ... avior.html

DC Comics is introducing its newest superhero, Jesus Christ, adapted from the most popular book in history and with its own twist.

The new series, titled “Second Coming,” is set to debut in March. The series, written by Mark Russell and illustrated by Richard Pace, has already been labeled by some Christians as "blasphemous."

According to Comic Book Resources, Russell mixed in his own idea of Christianity in the animated work by claiming that Jesus needed to return to earth to learn how to become the “true messiah” from a Superman-like character called Sun-man.

“Witness the return of Jesus Christ, as He is sent on a most holy mission by God to learn what it takes to be the true messiah of mankind by becoming roommates with the world’s favorite savior: the all-powerful superhero Sun-Man, the Last Son of Krispex! But when Christ returns to earth, he’s shocked to discover what has become of his gospel — and now, he aims to set the record straight,” the comic description reads.

In a past interview with Bleeding Cool, Russell explained that the series centers on the fact that God “was so upset with Jesus’ performance the first time he came to earth since he was arrested so soon and crucified shortly after, that he has kept him locked up since then.”

When the fictional version of God sees Sun-Man, he tells the comic Jesus, “That’s what I wanted for you.”

“He sends Jesus down to learn from this superhero and they end up learning from each other,” Russell added. “They learn the limitations of each other’s approach to the world and its problems.”

The theme of the comic is noticeably birthed from Russel's own idea of Christianity, shared in the books he authored, God Is Disappointed in You and Apocrypha Now. Both revealed that he believes people have “really misunderstood” the Bible and the Christian faith “doesn’t really base itself on what [Jesus] taught, particularly in the modern Evangelical megachurches.”

The “Second Coming” series is hoping to “set the record straight” regarding Russel's interpretation of the Gospel of Jesus.

Post subject: Re: DC Comics Jesus
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am 
God

This video can help supplement your research material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&time_continue=157&v=oaCDBW1T_lQ

Watch out for the loaves and fishes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:03 pm 
God

moksha wrote:
This video can help supplement your research material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&time_continue=157&v=oaCDBW1T_lQ

Watch out for the loaves and fishes.

I thought Jesus would use bagels. :lol: But the ballistics of bagels belie Biblicism. :cool:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:47 pm 
God

Absolute TRASH! I'll never buy it. I'll never recommend it! And people who would make money at the expense of the misrepresentation of others is really nothing more than a Nazi.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:42 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Absolute TRASH! I'll never buy it. I'll never recommend it! And people who would make money at the expense of the misrepresentation of others is really nothing more than a Nazi.

Do you have a similarly vehement view on the Levite who offered up his concubine for raping and dismemberment in order to protect himself? What about someone who drowns men women and children - are they the equivalent of "Nazis"?

(Fence Sitter, Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20pm)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:07 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Absolute TRASH! I'll never buy it. I'll never recommend it!

Do you buy or recommend other more appropriate comic books?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:14 pm 
God

I have a question wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:

Do you have a similarly vehement view on the Levite who offered up his concubine for raping and dismemberment in order to protect himself? What about someone who drowns men women and children - are they the equivalent of "Nazis"?

You may wish to study the Bible in this regard more. Please see: http://pstevekim.blogspot.com/2007/04/j ... ou-do.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:22 pm 
Valiant A

LittleNipper wrote:
I have a question wrote:

You may wish to study the Bible in this regard more. Please see: http://pstevekim.blogspot.com/2007/04/j ... ou-do.html

Little Nip, I thought you were a Biblical literalist.