It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bible verse by verse
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 am 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
huckelberry wrote:
Your characterization of why Jesus did not pursue discussion with Herod makes good sense to my understanding.I do not doubt that it is the real reason.

On the other hand it is fundamental to my understanding of Jesus that he was the second person of the trinity made man. As true man he had to grow and learn as any other person. His relationship to his father gave him special knowledge and guidance for his mission such as you point out. That still leaves a world a stuff that as a human living a human life he had no knowledge of. There is no reason he would have known the servants of the emperor of China. There is all sorts of science knowledge which he did not have. He did however learn carpentry and would have been good at it I believe.

Jesus did say that that only the Father knew when He (Jesus) would return. However, that was something specific to GOD's timing in the future and Jesus had not yet ascended into heaven. But Jesus did heal and raise the dead (so He had to understand the human body). Jesus also calmed the storms and walked on water (so He must have understood the material world to a great degree). Remember Satan took Jesus to a high place and showed Jesus the entire world. How this was done is anyone's guess, but I would imagine Christ was cognizant of everything. One must realize that much of science is based on educated guesses. Christ guessed at nothing. :ugeek:

Nipper, you point out that Jesus did not know the Fathers knowledge because he had not yet ascended into heaven. Remember the Father is not a second God. They are one God so if Jesus had to wait untill he ascended into heaven to know this it would mean he did not have direct access to his divine knowledge while he was living as a real human being on earth.

It surely is true that God knows all about science, how the body works , how the weather works and much much more. In Heaven Jesus would know all this. His understanding of science would make ours look childlike in comparison. But that is in heaven together with the Father.

On earth he shared our human life our frailty , all but sin. Sharing our humanness means sharing our struggle with ignorance. I cannot imaging Jesus sharing our experience if he had the sort of complete knowledge in this life as he has in heaven. One of the most important aspects of human life is our daily struggle with our immense ignorance. We must fight daily to learn and then must daily realize how much we do not know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:05 pm 
Founder & Visionary

LittleNipper wrote:
Remember Satan took Jesus to a high place and showed Jesus the entire world. How this was done is anyone's guess, . . .

It was done this way: The author of that passage thought the earth was flat.

--Kishkumen, 10-10-2017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 pm 
God

huckelberry wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
Jesus did say that that only the Father knew when He (Jesus) would return. However, that was something specific to GOD's timing in the future and Jesus had not yet ascended into heaven. But Jesus did heal and raise the dead (so He had to understand the human body). Jesus also calmed the storms and walked on water (so He must have understood the material world to a great degree). Remember Satan took Jesus to a high place and showed Jesus the entire world. How this was done is anyone's guess, but I would imagine Christ was cognizant of everything. One must realize that much of science is based on educated guesses. Christ guessed at nothing. :ugeek:

Nipper, you point out that Jesus did not know the Fathers knowledge because he had not yet ascended into heaven. Remember the Father is not a second God. They are one God so if Jesus had to wait until he ascended into heaven to know this it would mean he did not have direct access to his divine knowledge while he was living as a real human being on earth.

It surely is true that God knows all about science, how the body works , how the weather works and much much more. In Heaven Jesus would know all this. His understanding of science would make ours look childlike in comparison. But that is in heaven together with the Father.

On earth he shared our human life our frailty , all but sin. Sharing our humanness means sharing our struggle with ignorance. I cannot imaging Jesus sharing our experience if he had the sort of complete knowledge in this life as he has in heaven. One of the most important aspects of human life is our daily struggle with our immense ignorance. We must fight daily to learn and then must daily realize how much we do not know.

I simply feel that Jesus was given every bit of information by the Father as Jesus needed the information perfectly. And I do believe Jesus emptied Himself and took on a human form to live among humanity perfectly. However Jesus was no less God but He did place Himself under subjection to the Father to perfection.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:39 pm 
God

1 John 2:1-29

My children, I am writing these things to you so that you won’t sin. But if someone does sin, we have Jesus the Messiah, our advocate, who pleads our cause with the Father.

Also, He renders favorable our sins — and not only for ours, but also for those of the entire world.

The way we can be sure we know Him is if we are obeying his commands.

Anyone who says, “I know him,” but isn’t obeying his commands lies — the truth is not in him.

But if someone continues doing what He says, then truly love for God has been brought to its fruition in Him. This is how we are sure that we are united with Him.

A person who claims to be united with Him continually ought to conduct his life as His did.

Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command. Quite the contrary, it is an old command, which you have possessed from the start. The old command is the message which you have heard before.

Yet I am writing you a new command, and its reality is revealed both in Him and in you, because the darkness is fading away and true brilliance is already shining.

Anyone who claims to be in this light while hating his brother is still in the shadows.

The person who continues loving his brother stays in the light, and there is nothing in him to trip him up.

But the person who hates his brother is in the shadows — yes, he is walking in the dark, and he doesn’t know where he's headed, because that darkness has blinded his eyes.

Children, I am writing you because your sins have been forgiven for His sake.

Fathers, I am writing you because you have known Him who existed at the start. Young people, I am writing you because you have defied the Evil One.

Children, I have written you because you have known the Father. Fathers, I have written you because you have known Him who existed at the start. Young people, I have written you because you are strong, as the Word of God remains in you, and you have defied the Evil One.

Do not love the world or the possessions of the world. If someone loves the world, then love for the Father is not in him;

because all the things of the world — the desires of the old nature, the desires of the eyes, and the pretensions of life — are not from the Father but from the world.

And the world is fading away, along with its desires. But whoever does God’s will remains forever.

Children, this is the Last Hour. You have heard that an Anti-Messiah is coming. And in fact, many anti-Messiahs have sprouted up now — which is how we know that this is the Last Hour.

They departed from us, but they weren’t part of us; for had they been part of us, they would have remained with us.

But you have received the Messiah’s anointing from the Holy One, and you realize this.

It is not because you don’t know the truth that I have written to you, but because you do know it, and because no lie originates in the truth.

Who is a liar at all, if not the person who denies that Jesus is the Messiah? Such a person is an anti-Messiah — he is denying the Father and the Son.

Everyone who denies the Son is also without the Father, but the person who acknowledges the Son has the Father as also.

Let what you heard from the start stay in you. If what you heard from the beginning remains in you, you will also remain united with both the Son and the Father.

And this is what he has promised us: eternal life.

I have written you these things concerning people who are attempting to deceive you.

As for you, the Messianic anointing you received from the Father remains in you, so that you have no need for anyone else's instruction. Quite the contrary, as his Messianic anointing continues to teach you about all things, and is true, not pretend, so, just as He instructed you, remain united with Him.

And now, children, remain united with Him; so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink back from Him in shame at His arrival.

If you know that He is righteous, you should also realize that he is the Father of everyone who does what is right.

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

1 My little children, these things I write to you, that ye may not sin: and if any one may sin, an advocate we have with the Father, Jesus Christ, a righteous one,

2 and he -- he is a propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the whole world,

3 and in this we know that we have known him, if his commands we may keep;

4 he who is saying, `I have known him,' and his command is not keeping, a liar he is, and in him the truth is not;

5 and whoever may keep his word, truly in him the love of God hath been perfected; in this we know that in him we are.

6 He who is saying in him he doth remain, ought according as he walked also himself so to walk.

7 Brethren, a new command I write not to you, but an old command, that ye had from the beginning -- the old command is the word that ye heard from the beginning;

8 again, a new command I write to you, which thing is true in him and in you, because the darkness doth pass away, and the true light doth now shine;

9 he who is saying, in the light he is, and his brother is hating, in the darkness he is till now;

10 he who is loving his brother, in the light he doth remain, and a stumbling-block in him there is not;

11 and he who is hating his brother, in the darkness he is, and in the darkness he doth walk, and he hath not known whither he doth go, because the darkness did blind his eyes.

12 I write to you, little children, because the sins have been forgiven you through his name;

13 I write to you, fathers, because ye have known him who [is] from the beginning; I write to you, young men, because ye have overcome the evil. I write to you, little youths, because ye have known the Father:

14 I did write to you, fathers, because ye have known him who [is] from the beginning; I did write to you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God in you doth remain, and ye have overcome the evil.

15 Love not ye the world, nor the things in the world; if any one doth love the world, the love of the Father is not in him,

16 because all that [is] in the world -- the desire of the flesh, and the desire of the eyes, and the ostentation of the life -- is not of the Father, but of the world,

17 and the world doth pass away, and the desire of it, and he who is doing the will of God, he doth remain -- to the age.

18 Little youths, it is the last hour; and even as ye heard that the antichrist doth come, even now antichrists have become many -- whence we know that it is the last hour;

19 out of us they went forth, but they were not of us, for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but -- that they might be manifested that they are not all of us.

20 And ye have an anointing from the Holy One, and have known all things;

21 I did not write to you because ye have not known the truth, but because ye have known it, and because no lie is of the truth.

22 Who is the liar, except he who is denying that Jesus is the Christ? this one is the antichrist who is denying the Father and the Son;

23 every one who is denying the Son, neither hath he the Father, [he who is confessing the Son hath the Father also.]

24 Ye, then, that which ye heard from the beginning, in you let it remain; if in you may remain that which from the beginning ye did hear, ye also in the Son and in the Father shall remain,

25 and this is the promise that He did promise us -- the life the age-during.

26 These things I did write to you concerning those leading you astray;

27 and you, the anointing that ye did receive from him, in you it doth remain, and ye have no need that any one may teach you, but as the same anointing doth teach you concerning all, and is true, and is not a lie, and even as was taught you, ye shall remain in him.

28 And now, little children, remain in him, that when he may be manifested, we may have boldness, and may not be ashamed before him, in his presence;

29 if ye know that he is righteous, know ye that every one doing the righteousness, of him hath been begotten.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:19 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
I simply feel that Jesus was given every bit of information by the Father as Jesus needed the information perfectly. And I do believe Jesus emptied Himself and took on a human form to live among humanity perfectly. However Jesus was no less God but He did place Himself under subjection to the Father to perfection.

Little Nipper,
That fits my understanding as well. It fits what I read in the Bible as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:23 am 
God

1 John 3:1-24

See what love the Father has lavished on us in allowing us be called God’s children! For that is what believers are. The reason the world does not know us is that it not acquainted with Him.

Dear friends, we are God’s children now; and it has not yet been clarified what we will become. We do know that when He appears, we will be like Him; because we will see him as He actually is.

And everyone who has this hope in Him continually purifies himself, since God is pure.

Everyone who continues sinning is violating the Law. Actually, sin is a violation of the Law.

You know that He came in order to take away sins, and that there is no sin in Him.

So no one who remains united with Him continues living in sin; everyone who does continue sinning has neither observed Him nor known Him.

Children, don’t let anyone deceive you — it is the person that keeps on doing what is right who is righteous, just as God is righteous.

The person who keeps on sinning is from Satan, because from the very beginning the start he has kept on sinning. It was for this very reason that the Son of God appeared, to destroy the behavior of the Adversary.

No one who has God as his Father continues in sin, because the seed planted by God remains in him. That is, he cannot continue sinning, because he has God as his Father.

Here is how one can distinguish clearly between God’s children and those of Satan: everyone who does not continue doing what is right is not from God.

Likewise, anyone who fails to keep loving his brother is not from God.

For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning: that we should love each other

and not be like Cain, who was from the Evil One and murdered his own brother. Why did he murder him? Because his own behavior was evil, and his brother’s were righteous.

Don’t be amazed, brothers, if the world dispises you.

We, for our part, realize that we have passed from death to life because we keep loving the brethren. The person who fails to keep on loving is still under death's manipulation.

Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer possesses eternal life.

The way that we have come to know love is through His having laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for brethren!

If someone has worldly possessions and sees his brother is needy, yet ignore the situation, how can he be loving God?

Children, let us love not with words and talk, but with actions and in reality!

Here is how we will know that we are from the truth and will set our hearts at rest in His presence:

if our hearts know something against us, God is greater than our hearts, and He comprehends everything.

Dear friends, if our hearts know nothing against us, we have confidence in approaching God;

then, whatever we ask for, we receive from Him; because we are obeying His commands and doing things that please Him.

This is His command: that we are to trust in the person and power of his Son Jesus the Messiah and to keep loving one another, just as he commanded us.

Those who obey his commands remain united with Him and He with them.

Here is how we know that He stays united with us: by the Spirit whom He provided us.

1 See ye what love the Father hath given to us, that children of God we may be called; because of this the world doth not know us, because it did not know Him;

2 beloved, now, children of God are we, and it was not yet manifested what we shall be, and we have known that if he may be manifested, like him we shall be, because we shall see him as he is;

3 and every one who is having this hope on him, doth purify himself, even as he is pure.

4 Every one who is doing the sin, the lawlessness also he doth do, and the sin is the lawlessness,

5 and ye have known that he was manifested that our sins he may take away, and sin is not in him;

6 every one who is remaining in him doth not sin; every one who is sinning, hath not seen him, nor known him.

7 Little children, let no one lead you astray; he who is doing the righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous,

8 he who is doing the sin, of the devil he is, because from the beginning the devil doth sin; for this was the Son of God manifested, that he may break up the works of the devil;

9 every one who hath been begotten of God, sin he doth not, because his seed in him doth remain, and he is not able to sin, because of God he hath been begotten.

10 In this manifest are the children of God, and the children of the devil; every one who is not doing righteousness, is not of God, and he who is not loving his brother,

11 because this is the message that ye did hear from the beginning, that we may love one another,

12 not as Cain -- of the evil one he was, and he did slay his brother, and wherefore did he slay him? because his works were evil, and those of his brother righteous.

13 Do not wonder, my brethren, if the world doth hate you;

14 we -- we have known that we have passed out of the death to the life, because we love the brethren; he who is not loving the brother doth remain in the death.

15 Every one who is hating his brother -- a man-killer he is, and ye have known that no man-killer hath life age-during in him remaining,

16 in this we have known the love, because he for us his life did lay down, and we ought for the brethren the lives to lay down;

17 and whoever may have the goods of the world, and may view his brother having need, and may shut up his bowels from him -- how doth the love of God remain in him?

18 My little children, may we not love in word nor in tongue, but in word and in truth!

19 and in this we know that of the truth we are, and before Him we shall assure our hearts,

20 because if our heart may condemn -- because greater is God than our heart, and He doth know all things.

21 Beloved, if our heart may not condemn us, we have boldness toward God,

22 and whatever we may ask, we receive from Him, because His commands we keep, and the things pleasing before Him we do,

23 and this is His command, that we may believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and may love one another, even as He did give command to us,

24 and he who is keeping His commands, in Him he doth remain, and He in him; and in this we know that He doth remain in us, from the Spirit that He gave us.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:21 am 
God

1 John 4:1-21

Dear friends, don’t trust every spirit. Quite contrary, test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have travel the world.

Here is how you recognize the Spirit of God: every spirit which acknowledges that Jesus the Messiah (God with us) came as a human being is from God.

And every spirit which does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God — in fact, this is the spirit of the Anti-Christ. You have heard that he is coming. Well, he’s already here!

You, children (believers), are from God and have overcome the false prophets, because he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

They are from the world; therefore, they speak from the world’s viewpoint; and the world agrees with them.

We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God will not listen. This is how we distinguish the Spirit of truth from the spirit of error.

Beloved friends, let us love one another; because love is from God; and everyone who loves has God as his Father and knows God.

Those who do not love, do not know God; because God is love.

Here is how God demonstrated His love among us: God sent His only Son into the world, so that through him we might have life.

Here is what love is: not that we have loved God, but that He loved us and sent his Son to be the payment for our sins.

Beloved friends, if this is how God loved us, we likewise ought to love each other.

No one has ever seen total GOD; if we love one another, God remains united with us, and our love for Him has been brought to its goal in us.

Here is how we know that we remain united with Him and Him likewise: He has presented to us His own Spirit.

Additionally, we have seen and we testify that the Father has sent His Son as Deliverer of the world.

If someone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God remains united with him, and he with God.

Also we have come to know and trust the love that God has for us. God is love; and those who remain in this love remain united with God, and God remains united with them.

Here is how love has been brought to maturity with us: as the Messiah is, so are we in the world. This gives us confidence in the Day of Judgment.

There is no fear in love. Quite the contrary, love that has achieved its goal gets rid of fear, because fear has to do with punishment; the person who keeps fearing has not been brought to maturity regarding this love.

We ourselves love now because He loved us first,

If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar. For if a person does not love his brother, whom he has seen, then he cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

Yes, this is the command we have from him: whoever loves God must love his brother.

1 Beloved, every spirit believe not, but prove the spirits, if of God they are, because many false prophets have gone forth to the world;

2 in this know ye the Spirit of God; every spirit that doth confess Jesus Christ in the flesh having come, of God it is,

3 and every spirit that doth not confess Jesus Christ in the flesh having come, of God it is not; and this is that of the antichrist, which ye heard that it doth come, and now in the world it is already.

4 Ye -- of God ye are, little children, and ye have overcome them; because greater is He who [is] in you, than he who is in the world.

5 They -- of the world they are; because of this from the world they speak, and the world doth hear them;

6 we -- of God we are; he who is knowing God doth hear us; he who is not of God, doth not hear us; from this we know the spirit of the truth, and the spirit of the error.

7 Beloved, may we love one another, because the love is of God, and every one who is loving, of God he hath been begotten, and doth know God;

8 he who is not loving did not know God, because God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God in us, because His Son -- the only begotten -- hath God sent to the world, that we may live through him;

10 in this is the love, not that we loved God, but that He did love us, and did send His Son a propitiation for our sins.

11 Beloved, if thus did God love us, we also ought one another to love;

12 God no one hath ever seen; if we may love one another, God in us doth remain, and His love is having been perfected in us;

13 in this we know that in Him we do remain, and He in us, because of His Spirit He hath given us.

14 And we -- we have seen and do testify, that the Father hath sent the Son -- Saviour of the world;

15 whoever may confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God in him doth remain, and he in God;

16 and we -- we have known and believed the love, that God hath in us; God is love, and he who is remaining in the love, in God he doth remain, and God in him.

17 In this made perfect hath been the love with us, that boldness we may have in the day of the judgment, because even as He is, we -- we also are in this world;

18 fear is not in the love, but the perfect love doth cast out the fear, because the fear hath punishment, and he who is fearing hath not been made perfect in the love;

19 we -- we love him, because He -- He first loved us;

20 if any one may say -- `I love God,' and his brother he may hate, a liar he is; for he who is not loving his brother whom he hath seen, God -- whom he hath not seen -- how is he able to love?

21 and this [is] the command we have from Him, that he who is loving God, may also love his brother.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:16 am 
God

1 John 5:1-21

Everyone who accepts that Jesus is the Messiah has God as His father, and everyone who loves a father loves his offspring too.

Here is how we know that we love God’s children: when we love God, we also do what He says.

For loving God means obeying His commands. Moreover, His commands are not extremely difficult,

because everything which has God as its Father overcomes worldliness. And this is what victoriously overcomes the world: our trust.

Who would overcome the world if not the person who accepts that Jesus is the Son of God?

He is the one who came by means of water and blood, Jesus the Messiah — not with water only, but with the water and the blood. And the Spirit bears witness, because the Spirit is the truth.

There are 3 witnesses —

the Spirit, the water and the blood — and these 3 are in agreement.

If we accept human witness, God’s witness is even stronger, because it is the witness which God has given concerning His Son.

Those who keep trusting in the Son of God have this witness within them. Those who do not keep trusting God have made Him out to be a liar, because they have not trusted in the witness which God has provided concerning His Son.

And this is the witness: God has given us eternal life, and this life is through His Son.

Those who possess the Son have the life; those who do not have the Son of God do not have the life.

I have written you these things so that you may know that you possess eternal life — you who keep trusting in the person and power of the Son of God.

This is the confidence we have in His presence: if we ask anything that agrees with His will, He hears us.

And if we know that He hears us — whatever we ask — then we know that we have what we have asked from Him.

If anyone observes his brother committing a sin that does not cause death, he will ask; and God will give him life for those whose sinning does which does not cause death. There is sin which causes death; I am not saying he should pray about that.

All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not cause death.

We know that everyone who has God as his Father does not live in sin; quite the contrary, the Son born of God protects him, and the Evil One does not touch him.

We realize that we are godly, and that the whole world lies in the control of the Evil One.

And we realize that the Son of God has arrived and has provided to us discernment, so that we may know who is genuine; additionally, we are joined with the One who is genuine, united with His Son Jesus the Messiah. He is the genuine God and eternal life.

Children, guard yourselves against false gods!

1 Every one who is believing that Jesus is the Christ, of God he hath been begotten, and every one who is loving Him who did beget, doth love also him who is begotten of Him:

2 in this we know that we love the children of God, when we may love God, and His commands may keep;

3 for this is the love of God, that His commands we may keep, and His commands are not burdensome;

4 because every one who is begotten of God doth overcome the world, and this is the victory that did overcome the world -- our faith;

5 who is he who is overcoming the world, if not he who is believing that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This one is he who did come through water and blood -- Jesus the Christ, not in the water only, but in the water and the blood; and the Spirit it is that is testifying, because the Spirit is the truth,

7 because three are who are testifying [in the heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these -- the three -- are one;

8 and three are who are testifying in the earth], the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are into the one.

9 If the testimony of men we receive, the testimony of God is greater, because this is the testimony of God that He hath testified concerning His Son.

10 He who is believing in the Son of God, hath the testimony in himself; he who is not believing God, a liar hath made Him, because he hath not believed in the testimony that God hath testified concerning His Son;

11 and this is the testimony, that life age-during did God give to us, and this -- the life -- is in His Son;

12 he who is having the Son, hath the life; he who is not having the Son of God -- the life he hath not.

13 These things I did write to you who are believing in the name of the Son of God, that ye may know that life ye have age-during, and that ye may believe in the name of the Son of God.

14 And this is the boldness that we have toward Him, that if anything we may ask according to his will, He doth hear us,

15 and if we have known that He doth hear us, whatever we may ask, we have known that we have the requests that we have requested from Him.

16 If any one may see his brother sinning a sin not unto death, he shall ask, and He shall give to him life to those sinning not unto death; there is sin to death, not concerning it do I speak that he may beseech;

17 all unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not unto death.

18 We have known that every one who hath been begotten of God doth not sin, but he who was begotten of God doth keep himself, and the evil one doth not touch him;

19 we have known that of God we are, and the whole world in the evil doth lie;

20 and we have known that the Son of God is come, and hath given us a mind, that we may know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ; this one is the true God and the life age-during!

21 Little children, guard yourselves from the idols! Amen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:59 pm 
God

Next up is 2nd and 3rd John. These two Epistles were written sometime between A.D. 90-105.

From The New King James Version:

2 John (NKJV)

1 The Elder,

To the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all those who have known the truth, 2 because of the truth which abides in us and will be with us forever:

3 Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you[a] from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

4 I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth, as we received commandment from the Father. 5 And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another. 6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.

9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

12 Having many things to write to you, I did not wish to do so with paper and ink; but I hope to come to you and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

13 The children of your elect sister greet you. Amen.

3 John (NKJV)

1 The Elder,

To the beloved Gaius, whom I love in truth:

2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 3 For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.[a]

5 Beloved, you do faithfully whatever you do for the brethren and for strangers, 6 who have borne witness of your love before the church. If you send them forward on their journey in a manner worthy of God, you will do well, 7 because they went forth for His name’s sake, taking nothing from the Gentiles. 8 We therefore ought to receive such, that we may become fellow workers for the truth.

9 I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, does not receive us. 10 Therefore, if I come, I will call to mind his deeds which he does, prating against us with malicious words. And not content with that, he himself does not receive the brethren, and forbids those who wish to, putting them out of the church.

11 Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God.

12 Demetrius has a good testimony from all, and from the truth itself. And we also bear witness, and you know that our testimony is true.

13 I had many things to write, but I do not wish to write to you with pen and ink; 14 but I hope to see you shortly, and we shall speak face to face.

Peace to you. Our friends greet you. Greet the friends by name.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:47 pm 
God

2 John 1-13

To: Kyria (church/chosen/elect) and her children (believers), whom I love through the truth — and not only I but also all who have come to realize the Truth —

because of the Truth which stays joined with us and will be with us forever:

Grace, mercy and peace will be with us from God the Father and from Jesus the Messiah, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

I was very happy when I found some of your children living in truth, just as the Father commanded us.

And now, dear lady, I am requesting that we love one another — not as if this were a new command I am writing you, for it is the one which we have had to start with.

Additionally, love equals the following: that we should live according to His commands. This is the command, as you people have heard from the start; live by it!

For many deceivers have ventured out into the world, people who do not accept Jesus the Messiah’s arrival as a human being. Such a person is a deceiver and an anti-messiah.

Watch yourselves, so that you won’t lose what you have labored for, but will receive your complete reward.

Everyone who goes ahead and does not remain true to what the Messiah has taught does not possess God. Those who remain true to his teaching have both the Father and the Son.

If someone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, don’t welcome him into your home. Don’t even say, “Peace!” to him;

for the person who says, “Peace!” to him shares in his evil deeds.

Although I have a lot to write to you, I would rather not use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to come and see you and to talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be total.

The children of your selected sister send you their greetings.

1 The Elder to the choice Kyria, and to her children, whom I love in truth, and not I only, but also all those having known the truth,

2 because of the truth that is remaining in us, and with us shall be to the age,

3 there shall be with you grace, kindness, peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

4 I rejoiced exceedingly that I have found of thy children walking in truth, even as a command we did receive from the Father;

5 and now I beseech thee, Kyria, not as writing to thee a new command, but which we had from the beginning, that we may love one another,

6 and this is the love, that we may walk according to His commands; this is the command, even as ye did hear from the beginning, that in it ye may walk,

7 because many leading astray did enter into the world, who are not confessing Jesus Christ coming in flesh; this one is he who is leading astray, and the antichrist.

8 See to yourselves that ye may not lose the things that we wrought, but a full reward may receive;

9 every one who is transgressing, and is not remaining in the teaching of the Christ, hath not God; he who is remaining in the teaching of the Christ, this one hath both the Father and the Son;

10 if any one doth come unto you, and this teaching doth not bear, receive him not into the house, and say not to him, `Hail!'

11 for he who is saying to him, `Hail,' hath fellowship with his evil works.

12 Many things having to write to you, I did not intend through paper and ink, but I hope to come unto you, and speak mouth to mouth, that our joy may be full;

13 salute thee do the children of thy choice sister. Amen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:39 am 
God

3 John:1-14

Dear Gaius, whom I love in truth:

Dear friend, I am praying that everything goes well with you and that you are healthy, as I know you are prospering spiritually.

For I was so happy when some brothers came and testified how faithful you are to the truth, as you continue living truthfully.

Nothing gives me greater joy than hearing that my children are living the truth.

Dear friend, you are faithful in all the work you are handling for the brethren, even though strangers to you.

They have testified to your love before the congregation. You will be doing well if you send them on their way in a manner worthy of God,

since it was for the sake of His name that they went out without accepting anything from the Gentiles.

It's us, therefore, who should assist such people; so that we may share in their work for the truth.

I wrote something to the congregation; but Diotrephes, who likes to play the leader among them, doesn’t recognize our authority.

So if I arrive, I will bring up everything he 's doing, including his spiteful and groundless gossip concerning us. And as if that weren’t enough for him, he also refuses to recognize the brethren’s authority; additionally, he stops those who want to do so and tries to remove them from the congregation!

Dear friend, don’t imitate what's bad, but the good. Those who do what is good are of God; those who do what is bad are not from God.

Everyone speaks highly of Demetrius, and so does the truth itself. We vouch for him, and you know that our testimony is true.

I have much to write you, but I don’t want to write with pen and ink.

However, I am hoping to see you shortly, and we will speak face to face.

Peace to you. Your friends send you greetings. Greet each of our friends by name.

1 The Elder to Gaius the beloved, whom I love in truth!

2 beloved, concerning all things I desire thee to prosper, and to be in health, even as thy soul doth prosper,

3 for I rejoiced exceedingly, brethren coming and testifying of the truth in thee, even as thou in truth dost walk;

4 greater than these things I have no joy, that I may hear of my children in truth walking.

5 Beloved, faithfully dost thou do whatever thou mayest work to the brethren and to the strangers,

6 who did testify of thy love before an assembly, whom thou wilt do well, having sent forward worthily of God,

7 because for [His] name they went forth, nothing receiving from the nations;

8 we, then, ought to receive such, that fellow-workers we may become to the truth.

9 I did write to the assembly, but he who is loving the first place among them -- Diotrephes -- doth not receive us;

10 because of this, if I may come, I will cause him to remember his works that he doth, with evil words prating against us; and not content with these, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and those intending he doth forbid, and out of the assembly he doth cast.

11 Beloved, be not thou following that which is evil, but that which is good; he who is doing good, of God he is, and he who is doing evil hath not seen God;

12 to Demetrius testimony hath been given by all, and by the truth itself, and we also -- we do testify, and ye have known that our testimony is true.

13 Many things I had to write, but I do not wish through ink and pen to write to thee,

14 and I hope straightway to see thee, and mouth to mouth we shall speak. Peace to thee! salute thee do the friends; be saluting the friends by name.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 pm 
God

Jude 1-25

From: Judas, a servant of Jesus the Messiah and a brother of Ya‘akov/James

To: Those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and held for Jesus the Messiah:

May you have heaps of mercy, love and peace.

Dear friends, I was busily at work writing to you about this salvation we share, when I found it necessary to write, imploring you to keep fighting earnestly for the faith which was once and for all passed on to God’s people.

For certain individuals, the ones written about long ago --- meant for this condemnation, have wormed their way in — ungodly people who pervert God’s grace into a license for debauchery and disavowal our only Master and Lord, Jesus the Messiah.

Since you already understand all this, my intent is only to remind you that the Lord, who once delivered the people from Egypt, later destroyed those who did not trust.

And the angels that did not stay within their original authority, but abandoned their proper sphere, He keeps in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for the Great Day of Judgment.

And Sodom, Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, following a pattern like theirs, committing sexual sins and perversions, lie humiliated as a warning of the everlasting fire awaiting those who will be punished.

Similarly, these people, with their visions, defile their own flesh, despise godly authority and insult angelic beings.

When Michael, one of the ruling angels, took issue with Satan, arguing over Moses' body, Michael did not dare bring against Satan an insulting charge, but said, “May the Lord rebuke you.”

However, these people insult anything they don’t understand; and what they do understand naturally, instinctively, like animals — by these things they are destroyed!

Misery to them, in that they have walked the road of Cain, they have rushed to sell themselves for money as the error of Balaam, they have been destroyed in the rebellion of Korah.

These men are a filthy blite at your festive gatherings meant to foster love; they share your meals without an issue, while caring only for themselves. They are waterless clouds carried along by the winds; trees without fruit even in autumn, and doubly dead because they have been uprooted;

Stormy sea-waves heaving forth their shameful deeds like foam; wandering stars for whom the blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

Additionally, Enoch, in the 7th generation starting at Adam, also prophesied concerning these men, saying, “Look! The Lord came with His innumerable holy ones

to execute judgment against everyone, that is, to convict all the godless for their godless deeds which they have done in such a godless way, and for all the harsh words these godless sinners have spoken against Him.”

These people are grumblers and complainers, they follow their evil passions, their mouths speak grandiose, and they flatter others to gain advantage.

But you, dear friends, keep in mind the words spoken in advance by the apostles of our Lord Jesus the Messiah.

They told you, “During the last days there will be scoffers following their after own godless pleasures.”

These are the people who cause splits. They are manipulated by their impulses, because they don’t possess the Spirit.

However you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith, and pray united with the Holy Spirit.

Thus keep yourselves in God’s love, as you wait for our Lord Jesus the Messiah to hand you the mercy that leads to eternal life.

Rebuke some who dispute!

Save others, snatching them out of the fire; and yet to others, display mercy, but with fear, dispising even the clothes stained by their vices.

Now, to the One who can keep you from falling and place you without defect and full of joy in the presence of His glory —

to God only, our Deliverer, through Jesus the Messiah, our Lord — be glory, majesty, might and authority before all time, from now until forever. So be it.

1 Judas, of Jesus Christ a servant, and brother of James, to those sanctified in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ kept -- called,

2 kindness to you, and peace, and love, be multiplied!

3 Beloved, all diligence using to write to you concerning the common salvation, I had necessity to write to you, exhorting to agonize for the faith once delivered to the saints,

4 for there did come in unobserved certain men, long ago having been written beforehand to this judgment, impious, the grace of our God perverting to lasciviousness, and our only Master, God, and Lord -- Jesus Christ -- denying,

5 and to remind you I intend, you knowing once this, that the Lord, a people out of the land of Egypt having saved, again those who did not believe did destroy;

6 messengers also, those who did not keep their own principality, but did leave their proper dwelling, to a judgment of a great day, in bonds everlasting, under darkness He hath kept,

7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them, in like manner to these, having given themselves to whoredom, and gone after other flesh, have been set before -- an example, of fire age-
during, justice suffering.

8 In like manner, nevertheless, those dreaming also the flesh indeed do defile, and lordship they put away, and dignities they speak evil of,

9 yet Michael, the chief messenger, when, with the devil contending, he was disputing about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring up an evil-speaking judgment, but said, `The Lord rebuke thee!'

10 and these, as many things indeed as they have not known, they speak evil of; and as many things as naturally (as the irrational beasts) they understand, in these they are corrupted;

11 wo to them! because in the way of Cain they did go on, and to the deceit of Balaam for reward they did rush, and in the gainsaying of Korah they did perish.

12 These are in your love-feasts craggy rocks; feasting together with you, without fear shepherding themselves; clouds without water, by winds carried about; trees autumnal, without fruit, twice dead, rooted up;

13 wild waves of a sea, foaming out their own shames; stars going astray, to whom the gloom of the darkness to the age hath been kept.

14 And prophesy also to these did the seventh from Adam -- Enoch -- saying, `Lo, the Lord did come in His saintly myriads,

15 to do judgment against all, and to convict all their impious ones, concerning all their works of impiety that they did impiously, and concerning all the stiff things that speak against Him did impious sinners.'

16 These are murmurers, repiners; according to their desires walking, and their mouth doth speak great swellings, giving admiration to persons for the sake of profit;

17 and ye, beloved, remember ye the sayings spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ:

18 that they said to you, that in the last time there shall be scoffers, after their own desires of impieties going on,

19 these are those setting themselves apart, natural men, the Spirit not having.

20 And ye, beloved, on your most holy faith building yourselves up, in the Holy Spirit praying,

21 yourselves in the love of God keep ye, waiting for the kindness of our Lord Jesus Christ -- to life age-during;

22 and to some be kind, judging thoroughly,

23 and some in fear save ye, out of the fire snatching, hating even the coat from the flesh spotted.

24 And to Him who is able to guard you not stumbling, and to set [you] in the presence of His glory unblemished, in gladness,

25 to the only wise God our Saviour, [is] glory and greatness, power and authority, both now and to all the ages! Amen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:59 pm 
God

Irenaeus (A.D. 180), a student of Polycarp (a disciple of the apostle John), wrote that the apocalyptic vision “was seen not very long ago, almost in our own generation, at the close of the reign of Domitian” Against Heresies 30. The testimony of Irenaeus, not long after the apostolic age, is first rate. Irenaeus places Revelation near the end of Domitian’s reign --- who died in A.D. 96. Irenaeus seems unaware of any other view for the date of the book of Revelation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:26 pm 
God

Revelation 1:1-20

This is the revelation of Jesus the Messiah presented by God, so that He could show His servants what must occur quickly. He communicated it by sending His angel to His servant John.

John carried the witness regarding both the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus the Messiah, as much as He observed.

Blessed are the reader and hearers of the words of this prophecy, as long as they obey the things written in it! For the time is close!

To: The 7 Messianic congregations in the province of Asia:

Grace and peace to you from the One who is, was and is on the way --- from the 7 Spirits before His throne;

and from Jesus the Messiah, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead and the Monarch of the earth’s rulers.

To Him, the One who loves us, who has separated us from our sins at the price of His blood,

who has made of us a nation, that is, of priests for God, His Father — to Him be the glory and the rulership forever and always. So be it.

Observe! He is arriving with the clouds! Every eye will observe Him --- this includes those who pierced Him; and all the families of the Land will weep concerning Him. Absolutely! So be it!

“I am the ‘A’ to ‘Z,’” says the Lord, God of heaven’s armies, the One who is, was and is on the way.

I, John, am a brother of yours and a fellow-sharer in the suffering, kingship and persistence that comes from being joined with Jesus. I had been exiled to an island named Patmos for having proclaimed the message of God and borne witness to Jesus.

I came to be, in the Spirit, on the Day of the Lord; and I heard in back of me a loud voice, like a trumpet,

saying, “Write down what you observe on a scroll, and send it to the 7 Messianic congregations — Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea!”

I turned around to see who was talking to me; and when I had turned, I saw 7 gold menorahs;

and among the menorahs was someone in the appearance of a Son of Man, wearing a robe down to his feet and a gold band about his chest.

His head and hair were as white as snow-white wool. His eyes like a burning flame.

His feet like burnished brass refined in a furnace, and his voice like the sound of rapids.

In His right hand He possessed 7 stars

Out of His mouth poignantly proceeded what both helped and hurt. And His face was like the sun at its most brilliant

When I saw Him, I fell down at His feet like a corpse. He placed his right hand upon me and said, “Fear not! I am the Start and the Finale,

the Living One. I was dead, but see! — I am alive forever and always! And I hold the keys to Death and Hell.

So write down what you observe, both what is present, and what will happen in the future.

Here is the hidden understanding concerning the 7 stars you saw in My right hand, and the 7 gold menorahs: the 7 stars ---- the angels of the 7 Messianic congregations, the 7 menorahs --- the 7 Messianic congregations.

1 A revelation of Jesus Christ, that God gave to him, to shew to his servants what things it behoveth to come to pass quickly; and he did signify [it], having sent through his messenger to his servant John,

2 who did testify the word of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ, as many things also as he did see.

3 Happy is he who is reading, and those hearing, the words of the prophecy, and keeping the things written in it -- for the time is nigh!

4 John to the seven assemblies that [are] in Asia: Grace to you, and peace, from Him who is, and who was, and who is coming, and from the Seven Spirits that are before His throne,

5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first-born out of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth; to him who did love us, and did bathe us from our sins in his blood,

6 and did make us kings and priests to his God and Father, to him [is] the glory and the power to the ages of the ages! Amen.

7 Lo, he doth come with the clouds, and see him shall every eye, even those who did pierce him, and wail because of him shall all the tribes of the land. Yes! Amen!

8 `I am the Alpha and the Omega, beginning and end, saith the Lord, who is, and who was, and who is coming -- the Almighty.'

9 I, John, who also [am] your brother, and fellow-partner in the tribulation, and in the reign and endurance, of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, because of the word of God, and because of the testimony of Jesus Christ;

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's-day, and I heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying,

11 `I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last;' and, `What thou dost see, write in a scroll, and send to the seven assemblies that [are] in Asia; to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.'

12 And I did turn to see the voice that did speak with me, and having turned, I saw seven golden lamp-stands,

13 and in the midst of the seven lamp-stands, [one] like to a son of man, clothed to the foot, and girt round at the breast with a golden girdle,

14 and his head and hairs white, as if white wool -- as snow, and his eyes as a flame of fire;

15 and his feet like to fine brass, as in a furnace having been fired, and his voice as a sound of many waters,

16 and having in his right hand seven stars, and out of his mouth a sharp two-edged sword is proceeding, and his countenance [is] as the sun shining in its might.

17 And when I saw him, I did fall at his feet as dead, and he placed his right hand upon me, saying to me, `Be not afraid; I am the First and the Last,

18 and he who is living, and I did become dead, and, lo, I am living to the ages of the ages. Amen! and I have the keys of the hades and of the death.

19 `Write the things that thou hast seen, and the things that are, and the things that are about to come after these things;

20 the secret of the seven stars that thou hast seen upon my right hand, and the seven golden lamp-stands: the seven stars are messengers of the seven assemblies, and the seven lamp-stands that thou hast seen are seven assemblies.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:10 pm 
God

Revelation 2:1-29

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Ephesus, write: ‘Here is the message from the One who holds the 7 stars in His right hand and walks among the 7 gold menorahs:

“I recognize what you have been doing, how hard you have strived, how you have persevered, and how you can’t stand wicked people; so you tested those who call themselves apostles but aren’t — and you found them to be liars.

You are persevering, and you have suffered for My sake tirelessly.

But I hold this against you: you have lost the love you had at the start.

So, remember where you were before you fell, turn from this sin, and do what you used to do previously. Otherwise, I will come to you and remove your menorah from its position — if you don’t turn from your sin!

But you certainly have this in your favor: you hate what the Nicolaitans do — I hate it also.

Those with ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic congregations. The person winning the victory I will give the right to eat from the Tree of Life which is in God’s Eden.”’

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Smyrna, write: ‘Here is the message from the First through Last, who died and arose:

“I recognize that you are suffering and how poor you are (though in fact you possess much), and I know the insults of those who call themselves Jews but aren’t — quite the contrary, they are a synagogue of Satan.

Don’t be afraid of what you are about to suffer. You see, Satan is going to have some of you thrown in prison, in order to test you; and you will face an ordeal for 10 days. Remain faithful, even to the point of death; and I will give you life as your crown.

Those with ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic congregations. He who wins the victory will not be at all injured by the second death.”’

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Pergamum, write: ‘Here is the message from the one who can both help and hurt at the same time:

“I recognize where you are living, there where Satan's throne resides. Yet you cling onto My name. You did not deny trusting Me even at the moment when My faithful witness Antipas was put to death in your town, there where Satan resides.

Regardless, I have a few things against you: you have some people who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to set a trap for the people of Israel, so that they would eat food that had been sacrificed to idols and commit sexual perversion.

Additionally, you too have people who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans.

Therefore, turn from these sins. Otherwise, I will come to you very soon and make war against them with the sword of my mouth.

Those with ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic congregations. To him winning the victory I will present some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white tablet, on which is written a new name that nobody knows except the One receiving it.”’

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Thyatira, write: ‘Here is the message from the Son of God, whose eyes are like a burning flame and whose feet are like burnished brass:

I recognize what you are doing, your love, trust, service and perseverance. And I know that you are doing more now than preveiously.

But I hold this against you: you continue to tolerate that Jezebel woman, the one claiming to be a prophet, but is teaching and deceiving my servants to commit sexual perversion and eat food that has been sacrificed to idols.

I gave her time to turn from her sin, but she doesn’t want to repent of her immorality.

So I am throwing her into a sickbed; and those who commit adultery with her I am throwing into great trouble, unless they turn from the sins connected with what she does;

and I will strike her children dead! Then all the Messianic congregations will realize that I Am the One who searches minds and hearts, and that I will give to each of you what your deeds deserve.

But to the rest of you in Thyatira, to those who do not regard this teaching, who have not learned what some people call the ‘deep things’ of Satan, I say this: I am not loading you up with yet another burden;

only hold tight to what you have until I come.

To him who wins the victory and does what I want until the goal is reached, I will give him authority over the nations.

He will rule them with an iron staff and dash them to pieces like pottery.

As I have received authority from My Father. I will also present him the morning star.

Those with ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic congregations.”’

1 `To the messenger of the Ephesian assembly write: These things saith he who is holding the seven stars in his right hand, who is walking in the midst of the seven lamp-stands -- the golden:

2 I have known thy works, and thy labour, and thy endurance, and that thou art not able to bear evil ones, and that thou hast tried those saying themselves to be apostles and are not, and hast found them liars,

3 and thou didst bear, and hast endurance, and because of my name hast toiled, and hast not been weary.

4 `But I have against thee: That thy first love thou didst leave!

5 remember, then, whence thou hast fallen, and reform, and the first works do; and if not, I come to thee quickly, and will remove thy lamp-stand from its place -- if thou mayest not reform;

6 but this thou hast, that thou dost hate the works of the Nicolaitans, that I also hate.

7 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies: To him who is overcoming -- I will give to him to eat of the tree of life that is in the midst of the paradise of God.

8 `And to the messenger of the assembly of the Smyrneans write: These things saith the First and the Last, who did become dead and did live;

9 I have known thy works, and tribulation, and poverty -- yet thou art rich -- and the evil-speaking of those saying themselves to be Jews, and are not, but [are] a synagogue of the Adversary.

10 `Be not afraid of the things that thou art about to suffer; lo, the devil is about to cast of you to prison, that ye may be tried, and ye shall have tribulation ten days; become thou faithful unto death, and I will give to thee the crown of the life.

11 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies: He who is overcoming may not be injured of the second death.

12 `And to the messenger of the assembly in Pergamos write: These things saith he who is having the sharp two-edged sword:

13 I have known thy works, and where thou dost dwell -- where the throne of the Adversary [is] -- and thou dost hold fast my name, and thou didst not deny my faith, even in the days in which Antipas [was] my faithful witness, who was put to death beside you, where the Adversary doth dwell.

14 `But I have against thee a few things: That thou hast there those holding the teaching of Balaam, who did teach Balak to cast a stumbling-block before the sons of Israel, to eat idol-sacrifices, and to commit whoredom;

15 so hast thou, even thou, those holding the teaching of the Nicolaitans -- which thing I hate.

16 `Reform! and if not, I come to thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

17 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies: To him who is overcoming, I will give to him to eat from the hidden manna, and will give to him a white stone, and upon the stone a new name written, that no one knew except him who is receiving [it].

18 `And to the messenger of the assembly of Thyatira write: These things saith the Son of God, who is having his eyes as a flame of fire, and his feet like to fine brass;

19 I have known thy works, and love, and ministration, and faith, and thy endurance, and thy works -- and the last [are] more than the first.

20 `But I have against thee a few things: That thou dost suffer the woman Jezebel, who is calling herself a prophetess, to teach, and to lead astray, my servants to commit whoredom, and idol-sacrifices to eat;

21 and I did give to her a time that she might reform from her whoredom, and she did not reform;

22 lo, I will cast her into a couch, and those committing adultery with her into great tribulation -- if they may not repent of their works,

23 and her children I will kill in death, and know shall all the assemblies that I am he who is searching reins and hearts; and I will give to you -- to each -- according to your works.

24 `And to you I say, and to the rest who are in Thyatira, as many as have not this teaching, and who did not know the depths of the Adversary, as they say; I will not put upon you other burden;

25 but that which ye have -- hold ye, till I may come;

26 and he who is overcoming, and who is keeping unto the end my works, I will give to him authority over the nations,

27 and he shall rule them with a rod of iron -- as the vessels of the potter they shall be broken -- as I also have received from my Father;

28 and I will give to him the morning star.

29 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:55 pm 
God

LittleNipper wrote:
Irenaeus (A.D. 180), a student of Polycarp (a disciple of the apostle John), wrote that the apocalyptic vision “was seen not very long ago, almost in our own generation, at the close of the reign of Domitian” Against Heresies 30. The testimony of Irenaeus, not long after the apostolic age, is first rate. Irenaeus places Revelation near the end of Domitian’s reign --- who died in A.D. 96. Irenaeus seems unaware of any other view for the date of the book of Revelation.

While both the Evangelical Christian Church and the LDS Church states that John the Apostle is the author of the Book of Revelation, there is still a bit of debate over who is the real author of this Book.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
The author names himself in the text as "John", but his precise identity remains a point of academic debate. Second century Christian writers such as Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Melito the bishop of Sardis, and Clement of Alexandria and the author of the Muratorian fragment identify John the Apostle as the "John" of Revelation.[1] Modern scholarship generally takes a different view,[2] and many consider that nothing can be known about the author except that he was a Christian prophet.[3] Some modern scholars characterise Revelation's author as a putative figure whom they call "John of Patmos". The bulk of traditional sources date the book to the reign of the emperor Domitian (AD 81–96), and the evidence tends to confirm this.[4]

Tradition links him to John the Apostle, but it is unlikely that the apostle could have lived into the most likely time for the book's composition, the reign of Domitian, and the author never states that he knew Jesus.[7] All that is known is that this John was a Jewish Christian prophet, probably belonging to a group of such prophets, and was accepted as such by the congregations to whom he addresses his letter.[4][8] His precise identity remains unknown,[9] and modern scholarship commonly refers to him as John of Patmos. [10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation

The Book of Mormon though proclaims that John the Apostle is the author of the Book of Revelation.

1 Nephi 14:

[24] And behold, the things which this apostle of the Lamb shall write are many things which thou hast seen; and behold, the remainder shalt thou see.

[25] But the things which thou shalt see hereafter thou shalt not write; for the Lord God hath ordained the apostle of the Lamb of God that he should write them.

[26] And also others who have been, to them hath he shown all things, and they have written them; and they are sealed up to come forth in their purity, according to the truth which is in the Lamb, in the own due time of the Lord, unto the house of Israel.

[27] And I, Nephi, heard and bear record, that the name of the apostle of the Lamb was John, according to the word of the angel.

[28] And behold, I, Nephi, am forbidden that I should write the remainder of the things which I saw and heard; wherefore the things which I have written sufficeth me; and I have written but a small part of the things which I saw.

And here is Revelation Chapter One from the New King James Version:

Revelation 1 (NKJV)

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

4 John, to the seven churches which are in Asia:

Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth.

To Him who loved us and washed[a] us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; 15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; 16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. 19 Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this. 20 The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw[j] are the seven churches.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:40 pm 
God

Revelation 3:1-22

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Sardis, write: ‘Here is the message from the One who possesses the 7 Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know what you're about — you have a reputation for being lively, but in fact you are dead!

Wake up, and correct what remains, before it dies too! For I have found what you are doing incomplete in the sight of My God.

So remember what you gained and heard, and obey it, and turn from your sin! For if you don’t snap out of it, I will come like a thief; and you don’t know at what moment I will come to you.

Nevertheless, you do have a few people in Sardis who have not messed their clothes; and they will walk with Me, clothed in white, because they are worthy.

He who wins the victory will, like them, be dressed in white clothing; and I will not blot his name from the Book of Life; in fact, I will declare him specifically before My Father and before His angels.

Those with ears, let them hear what the Spirit is telling the Messianic congregations.”’

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Philadelphia, write: ‘Here is the message of holiness, the True One, the One who has the key of David, who, if He opens something, no one else can close it, and if He closes something, no one else can reveal it.

“I realize what you are about. See, I have put in front of you an open door, and no one can shut it. I know that you have but little power, yet you have obeyed My message and have not disowned Me.

Here, I will give you some from the synagogue of Satan, those who call themselves Jews but aren’t — quite the contrary, they are lying. Observe, I will cause them to come and prostrate themselves at your feet, and they will realize that I have loved you.

Since you did obey My message regarding persistence, I will keep you from the time of trial coming upon the entire world to put the people residing on earth to the test.

I Am coming soon; hold on to what you possess, so that no one will remove your crown.

I will make him who wins the victory a support in the Temple of My God, and he will never leave it. Also I will write upon him the name of My God and the name of My God’s city (the new Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from my God) and My personal new name.

Those with ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic songregations.”’

“To the angel of the Messianic Congregation in Laodicea, write: ‘Here is the message from the so be it, the faithful and true witness, the monarch of God’s creation:

“I know what you are about: you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were either one or the other!

So, because you are tepid, neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of my mouth!

For you keep saying, ‘I am wealthy, I have gotten rich,

I don’t need any thing!’ You don’t know that you are the one who is wretched, pitiable, poor, blind and naked!

My advice to you is to purchase from Me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich; and white clothing, so that you may be dressed and not have to be ashamed of your nudity; and eye salve to rub on your eyes, so that you may perceive.

As for Me, I rebuke and discipline everyone I love; so exert yourselves, and turn from your sins!

Here, I’m standing at the door, knocking. If someone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he will eat with Me.

I will let him who wins the victory sit with Me upon My throne, just as I Myself also won the victory and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Those having ears, let them hear what the Spirit is saying to the Messianic congregations.”’”

1 And to the messenger of the assembly in Sardis write: These things saith he who is having the Seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars: I have known thy works, and that thou hast the name that thou dost live, and thou art dead;

2 become watching, and strengthen the rest of the things that are about to die, for I have not found thy works fulfilled before God.

3 `Remember, then, how thou hast received, and heard, and be keeping, and reform: if, then, thou mayest not watch, I will come upon thee as a thief, and thou mayest not know what hour I will come upon thee.

4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis who did not defile their garments, and they shall walk with me in white, because they are worthy.

5 He who is overcoming -- this one -- shall be arrayed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the scroll of the life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before His messengers.

6 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies.

7 `And to the messenger of the assembly in Philadelphia write: These things saith he who is holy, he who is true, he who is having the key of David, he who is opening and no one doth shut, and he shutteth and no one doth open!

8 I have known thy works; lo, I have set before thee a door -- opened, and no one is able to shut it, because thou hast a little power, and didst keep my word, and didst not deny my name;

9 lo, I make of the synagogue of the Adversary those saying themselves to be Jews, and are not, but do lie; lo, I will make them that they may come and bow before thy feet, and may know that I loved thee.

10 `Because thou didst keep the word of my endurance, I also will keep thee from the hour of the trial that is about to come upon all the world, to try those dwelling upon the earth.

11 Lo, I come quickly, be holding fast that which thou hast, that no one may receive thy crown.

12 He who is overcoming -- I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of my God, and without he may not go any more, and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, that doth come down out of the heaven from my God -- also my new name.

13 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies.

14 `And to the messenger of the assembly of the Laodiceans write: These things saith the Amen, the witness -- the faithful and true -- the chief of the creation of God;

15 I have known thy works, that neither cold art thou nor hot; I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So -- because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I am about to vomit thee out of my mouth;

17 because thou sayest -- I am rich, and have grown rich, and have need of nothing, and hast not known that thou art the wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked,

18 I counsel thee to buy from me gold fired by fire, that thou mayest be rich, and white garments that thou mayest be arrayed, and the shame of thy nakedness may not be manifest, and with eye-salve anoint thine eyes, that thou mayest see.

19 `As many as I love, I do convict and chasten; be zealous, then, and reform;

20 lo, I have stood at the door, and I knock; if any one may hear my voice, and may open the door, I will come in unto him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 He who is overcoming -- I will give to him to sit with me in my throne, as I also did overcome and did sit down with my Father in His throne.

22 He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies.'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:05 am 
God

Links to Revelation Chapters 4 and 5 from the King James Version:

1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Re ... Chapter-4/

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Re ... Chapter-5/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:31 am 
God

Revelation 4:1-11

1 After these things I saw, and lo, a door opened in the heaven, and the first voice that I heard [is] as of a trumpet speaking with me, saying, `Come up hither, and I will shew thee what it behoveth to come to pass after these things;'

2 and immediately I was in the Spirit, and lo, a throne was set in the heaven, and upon the throne is [one] sitting,

3 and He who is sitting was in sight like a stone, jasper and sardine: and a rainbow was round the throne in sight like an emerald.

4 And around the throne [are] thrones twenty and four, and upon the thrones I saw the twenty and four elders sitting, clothed in white garments, and they had upon their heads crowns of gold;

5 and out of the throne proceed do lightnings, and thunders, and voices; and seven lamps of fire are burning before the throne, which are the Seven Spirits of God,

6 and before the throne [is] a sea of glass like to crystal, and in the midst of the throne, and round the throne, [are] four living creatures, full of eyes before and behind;

7 and the first living creature [is] like a lion, and the second living creature [is] like a calf, and the third living creature hath the face as a man, and the fourth living creature [is] like an eagle flying.

8 And the four living creatures, each by itself severally, had six wings, around and within [are] full of eyes, and rest they have not day and night, saying, `Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was, and who is, and who is coming;'

9 and when the living creatures do give glory, and honour, and thanks, to Him who is sitting upon the throne, who is living to the ages of the ages,

10 fall down do the twenty and four elders before Him who is sitting upon the throne, and bow before Him who is living to the ages of the ages, and they cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 `Worthy art Thou, O Lord, to receive the glory, and the honour, and the power, because Thou -- Thou didst create the all things, and because of Thy will are they, and they were created.'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:01 am 
God

Revelation 4:1-11

After the aforementioned... I looked -- and there before me was an entry in heaven left open; and the voice like a trumpet which I had heard speaking with me said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after these things.”

Instantly I was in the Spirit, and there in front of me in heaven stood a throne, and on the throne Someone was seated.

The One sitting there gleamed like diamonds and rubies, and a rainbow shining like emerald surrounded the throne.

Surrounding the throne were 24 additional thrones, and on the thrones sat 24 elders dressed in white clothing and wearing gold crowns on their heads.

From the throne radiated lightnings, voices and thunderings; and before the throne were 7 flaming torches, which are the sevenfold Spirit of God.

In front of the throne was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

In the center, around the throne, were 4 living beings covered with eyes in front and behind.

The 1st living being was like a lion, the 2nd living being was like an ox, the 3rd living being had a face that looked human, and the 4th living being was like a flying eagle.

Each of the 4 living beings had 6 wings and was covered with eyes inside and out; and day and night they never stop saying,

“Holy, holy, holy is Adonai, God of heaven’s armies --- the One who was, is and is coming!”

And whenever the living beings give glory, honor and thanks to the One sitting on the throne, to the One who lives forever and for eternity,

the 24 elders fall down before the One sitting on the throne, who lives forever and for eternity, and worship Him. They tossed their crowns in front of the throne and say,

“You are worthy, Dear Lord, to have glory, honor and power, because you created everything — absolutely, because of your will they were created
and came into existance!”

1 After these things I saw, and lo, a door opened in the heaven, and the first voice that I heard [is] as of a trumpet speaking with me, saying, `Come up hither, and I will shew thee what it behoveth to come to pass after these things;'

2 and immediately I was in the Spirit, and lo, a throne was set in the heaven, and upon the throne is [one] sitting,

3 and He who is sitting was in sight like a stone, jasper and sardine: and a rainbow was round the throne in sight like an emerald.

4 And around the throne [are] thrones twenty and four, and upon the thrones I saw the twenty and four elders sitting, clothed in white garments, and they had upon their heads crowns of gold;

5 and out of the throne proceed do lightnings, and thunders, and voices; and seven lamps of fire are burning before the throne, which are the Seven Spirits of God,

6 and before the throne [is] a sea of glass like to crystal, and in the midst of the throne, and round the throne, [are] four living creatures, full of eyes before and behind;

7 and the first living creature [is] like a lion, and the second living creature [is] like a calf, and the third living creature hath the face as a man, and the fourth living creature [is] like an eagle flying.

8 And the four living creatures, each by itself severally, had six wings, around and within [are] full of eyes, and rest they have not day and night, saying, `Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was, and who is, and who is coming;'

9 and when the living creatures do give glory, and honour, and thanks, to Him who is sitting upon the throne, who is living to the ages of the ages,

10 fall down do the twenty and four elders before Him who is sitting upon the throne, and bow before Him who is living to the ages of the ages, and they cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 `Worthy art Thou, O Lord, to receive the glory, and the honour, and the power, because Thou -- Thou didst create the all things, and because of Thy will are they, and they were created.'

Last edited by LittleNipper on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 pm 
God

Revelation 5:1-14

Next I observed in the right hand of the One seated on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with 7 seals.

And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming loudly, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?”

But no one in heaven, on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or look within it.

I wept, because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or look inside.

One of the elders told me, “Don’t cry. Observe, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has won the right to open the scroll and its 7 seals.”

Then I saw standing there with the throne and the 4 living beings, in the circle of the elders, a Lamb that appeared to have been slaughtered ---with 7 horns and 7 eyes, being the 7 Spirits of God sent out over all the earth.

He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of the One sitting on the throne.

When He took the scroll, the 4 living beings and the 24 elders fell down in front of the Lamb. Each one held a harp and gold bowls filled with pieces of incense, being the prayers of God’s people;

and they sang a new song, “You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals; because You were sacrificed; at the price of blood You ransomed for God persons from every tribe, language, people and nation.

You made them into a kingdom for God to rule --- priests to serve Him;
and they will rule over the earth.”

Then I observed, and I heard the sound of a vast number of angels — thousands and thousands, millions and millions! They were all around the throne, the living beings and the elders.

And they shouted out, “Worthy is the slaughtered Lamb to receive power, riches, wisdom, strength, honor, glory and praise!”

And I heard every creature in heaven, on earth, under the earth and on the sea ----- Absolutely, everything in them — proclaiming, “To the One seated upon the throne and to the Lamb belong praise, honor, glory and power forever and always!”

The 4 living beings said, “So be it!” and the elders fell down and worshipped.

1 And I saw upon the right hand of Him who is sitting upon the throne a scroll, written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals;

2 and I saw a strong messenger crying with a great voice, `Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose the seals of it?'

3 and no one was able in the heaven, nor upon the earth, nor under the earth, to open the scroll, nor to behold it.

4 And I was weeping much, because no one was found worthy to open and to read the scroll, nor to behold it,

5 and one of the elders saith to me, `Weep not; lo, overcome did the Lion, who is of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, to open the scroll, and to loose the seven seals of it;

6 and I saw, and lo, in the midst of the throne, and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, a Lamb hath stood as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the Seven Spirits of God, which are sent to all the earth,

7 and he came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who is sitting upon the throne.

8 And when he took the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell before the Lamb, having each one harps and golden vials full of perfumes, which are the prayers of the saints,

9 and they sing a new song, saying, `Worthy art thou to take the scroll, and to open the seals of it, because thou wast slain, and didst redeem us to God in thy blood, out of every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation,

10 and didst make us to our God kings and priests, and we shall reign upon the earth.'

11 And I saw, and I heard the voice of many messengers round the throne, and the living creatures, and the elders -- and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands --

12 saying with a great voice, `Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive the power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing!'

13 and every creature that is in the heaven, and in the earth, and under the earth, and the things that are upon the sea, and the all things in them, heard I saying, `To Him who is sitting upon the throne, and to the Lamb, [is] the blessing, and the honour, and the glory, and the might -- to the ages of the ages!'

14 and the four living creatures said, `Amen!' and the twenty-four elders fell down and they bow before Him who is living to the ages of the ages.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228  Next